Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 30, 2014, 01:04:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327752 Posts in 13419 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  New Devil May Cry, bitches.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 26 Print
Author Topic: New Devil May Cry, bitches.  (Read 45364 times)
Danku

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: September 22, 2010, 05:54:32 PM »

People are canceling their preorders for Dead Rising 2 and Enslaved over this.

Stay classy, internet.
I hope you're joking.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: September 22, 2010, 05:59:33 PM »

"If Dante, dressed as he was, walked into any bar outside of Tokyo, he'd get laughed out."

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 22, 2010, 06:35:50 PM »

"If Dante, dressed as he was, walked into any bar outside of Tokyo, he'd get laughed out."

Yes because DMC is based on reality. What with the demons and everything.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: September 22, 2010, 08:28:14 PM »

DmC: Devil May Cry Interview from Eurogamer.

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: September 22, 2010, 08:55:42 PM »

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: September 22, 2010, 08:57:26 PM »

People are canceling their preorders for Dead Rising 2 and Enslaved over this.

Stay classy, internet.
I hope you're joking.
I wish I were.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: September 23, 2010, 02:25:22 AM »

I wonder how is gonna be the box art of this game. Also, I can't begin to imagine how the other characters from the franchise are gonna look.

Trish as a whore? I can totally see that happening! It could be interesting buying the artbook of this game in the future (maybe). :p

So many questions and shit is going on about this, this is without a doubt the biggest DO NOT WANT I've seen for anything ever... oh yeah, I'm kinda confused about the interview of Eurogamer; They said that this reboot is canon with the other games? I am missing something? How does that work? Maybe I'm beginning to read bad with all the stuff I've read of the game by now.

Anyway, can't wait for Vanquish and Kamiya making fun of this in Bayo 2 (hey, it can happen).
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: September 23, 2010, 05:40:58 AM »

Late reply, sorry.

I thought the series was popular because of its gameplay.  You know, something that has nothing what-so-ever to do with what the main character looks like.

Yeah, gameplay it's a big part of why Devil May Cry is so popular in the first place. But the overall gameplay have change a lot over the years, so much that anyone can say that DMC2, 3 and 4 are not DMC games because they throw away a lot of elements of the original for better or worse (that makes sense?).

For example, every game have some kind of combo system that looks very inspired from fighting games but every game in the franchise have a different approach to the combat; DMC3 was all about being fast and having the right timing for every hit you make or didn't make, DMC2 lack impact and it feels very empty at times but it gets the job done... better that other game of the same genre at least, the original DMC had impact, timing and above of all things style. Even today a battle of the first game looks better than one from the third or fourth game not to mention that are more harder. Now, DMC4 had pretty much the same style as DMC3 but is more cinematic in some aspects and there's nothing wrong with that.

And the new DmC? I don't know, Ninja Theory is know for make games with good presentations. But they are able to bring a complex or even fun battle system? Heavenly Sword is pretty much God of War but pretty. And God of War is all about button mashing and some QTEs, that's not bad for the type of game that GoW or HS are trying to be, but DMC is about having total control over your character with a large range of combos at your disposal in battle.

There's other elements from the first game that never appeared again, like a boss battle with the style of After Burner/Space Harrier. Or the Resident Evil elements because everyone knows that Devil May Cry started as a Resident Evil game first; Between the development of Code: Veronica and RE4 there were a lot of prototypes of Resident Evils but there was one that was more action oriented.

Overall, the original DMC is still the most interesting game and is also the best. DMC3 was beyond great, but by that time it was clear that Capcom choose for more action than anything else for the franchise. That's not bad all but the original vision of DMC by Kamiya and his team was lost.

Either way, DMC3 is so good that if I'm not wrong Kamiya really enjoyed the game and work with some people of the DMC3 project in making Bayonetta.

Sorry for the long and boring post, but don't worry, is about to end with what worries me the most about this reboot or whatever this thing is... Kevadu, you know what is annoying about DmC? Watch the teaser trailer of DMC4, now watch the trailer of DmC.

Can you see how bad the direction of the new game is after seeing the two trailers? The teaser trailer shows pretty much what DMC fans want for Devil May Cry 5 (+ Vergil and some other cameos and what not) and DmC is just trying to be darker for a new market who doesn't understand the franchise at all.

Inafune and Ninja Theory wants that the new game sells 5 millions copies, good luck with that... no really, good luck with that. Good luck with your westernization Inafune and Capcom, I want to see how far you go with this bullshit.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 23, 2010, 11:59:51 AM »

-You know, I totally forgot that DMC was originally an RE.

-I thought that 2 was the biggest departure from the series' gameplay. 3 reminded me a lot of 1 and what I loved about it, just made better. And with the VAs less awful. ;) 1 was a trip though just so much fun. I need to replay it sometime, I think even my first time I beat it in like..5-7 hours. DMC4 felt a lot like 3, obviously they had to make Nero different (ie. the claw) so he wasn't a Dante-clone. Either way, I'd still argue that the series remained popular because of its gameplay even with the changes. The 'cool' factor that the so-called new creative director is yammering about - yeah sure Dante's considered badass but the series isn't relying on that. :P

-Yeah, Kamiya worked with DMC3 people on Bayonetta. Makes sense, it has that whole 'stylish' feel to it. I love that game, hope they make a second. :)

And after all, Capcom Japan and Capcom America both still have a part in DmC's development. I do believe they'll keep *some* things intact (I will be heartbroken if we don't get to see Dante interrupted mid-pizza), but the Ninja Theory guy just doesn't seem to 'get' the series (what it's about, or even HOW OLD IT IS) and uh that kinda worries me.

I have to agree with Yggdrasil though, I DON'T see this game selling 5 million.  Unless it gets drastically better. DMC4 sold 2.7 million to date and that's on three platforms. So.....

NANOMACHINES, SON.
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: September 24, 2010, 04:48:06 PM »

This trying to make it "cool" and "current" thing makes it sound pretentious.
I'm probably only of very few people that like it because of its atmosphere and partially because of its hack and slash battle system.
It already has a "cool" presence with slightly religious overtones and again, action.
Making it current will probably kill this series.
Though that thing about it going into Dante's origins and having a "young" version of him made me a little relieved that it wasn't meant to be present day him.
But that makes it sound like a prequel, so it should be a prequel instead of a reboot especially since it was only a few years ago and he should at least look like Dante.

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: September 24, 2010, 07:32:38 PM »

Danku

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: September 24, 2010, 09:46:41 PM »

I love you and your silly images.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: September 24, 2010, 10:12:55 PM »

More interviews about DmC:

TGS 10: Inspiration Interview.
Re-imaging of Dante, and the New Devil May Cry.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 10:15:16 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 25, 2010, 12:08:03 AM »

Yes, awesome comic indeed.

That Playstation article was interesting, like the quote from the God of War director. At least the DmC director has one thing right though, he knows they won't win over the hardcores until we get the game. Trust me, I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: September 26, 2010, 05:42:21 PM »

"As initial fan reaction to the teaser has been quite negative, Capcom issued a statement clarifing that this game takes place in a different universe, as it is being developed by a different developer from previous titles of the franchise, and will not affect any story elements already established by the classic series."

Then wtf is the point, other than cashing in on the name?

It's Suikoden Tierkries all over again.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 26 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: