Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 05:57:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330153 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  New Devil May Cry, bitches.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26 Print
Author Topic: New Devil May Cry, bitches.  (Read 47075 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2010, 10:54:20 PM »

This Dante is just smoking because it looks cool or something like that.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 10:37:50 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2010, 10:59:16 PM »

Have to admit, that last scene seemed a LOT cooler til I realized he was smoking.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
AJR
Totally groovy

Oh, this burning beard.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2010, 12:54:16 AM »

He smokes now? Westerners giving him dirty habits, terrible.

A lot of Japanese people smoke.

Honestly... I'd just want to say this did not get a good impression amongst a number of people.

I am aware, but my statement still stands. Japanese people may love their smokes, but it is Westerners who made the character smoke. I'm not pushed either way really, it's not like i'm going to catch passive cyber cancer. More just an observation.

Who's to say it wasn't Capcom that made the decision? I have no idea how much involvement they had with the development of the game. Do you? I'm not going to start pointing fingers. There's something to be said for the fact that the first two games that come to my mind when I think about smoking in videogames (Vanquish and whichever Metal Gear Solid game I played last) are Japanese.

I haven't played Heavenly Sword, so I have no idea what to make of this. The initial shock of them putting a deep voiced lesbian punk rocker as the lead character took me back a few steps, but I'll still play it if it's fun. I thought the new character they made for DMC4 was kind of dull, so I was hoping they'd go in the opposite direction and make Dante even crazier and goofier (basically DMC3 x2). Instead it seems like they're upping the angst to unforeseen levels. I just hope that it's fun to play, because it looks like I'll be skipping through the cutscenes.

Earth-2.net is a website where I occasionally type words about entertaining pieces of media.
hell_snake

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2010, 02:25:42 AM »

I don't mind change.. it's THAT particular change. I don't like this new design, how hard is that to grasp? They could have redesigned him in a way that would still be different from DMC1-4 but looks less retarded.

But you're not going to buy it, so I'm not sure why you care.

EDIT:

XD
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 02:30:19 AM by hell_snake » Logged

"An unanswered question is better than an unquestioned answer"
hell_snake

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2010, 02:29:37 AM »

Game could be good. I don't think I like the way it's headed though.

"An unanswered question is better than an unquestioned answer"
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2010, 02:05:06 AM »

http://twitter.com/PG_kamiya/status/24627202510

This tweet makes me sad.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2010, 05:47:47 AM »

It's like a father missing his child that changed after years of drug abuse and alcohol :(
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2010, 07:44:57 AM »

Did you notice in one of "Dante's" new pics he has a UK flag in his left arm?

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2010, 09:45:16 AM »

I love me some Devil May Cry. Heck, I even had a lot fun with 4. His new design I do not like, but it really does come down to gameplay. If it's a blast to play, I'll get over it.
*public service announcement*
Smoking stinks

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Uru

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2010, 02:38:15 PM »

I dunno, im kinda torn as well. Its a reboot though, he could be a fucking monkey riding a unicycle shooting laser beams and it would be okay. It kinda seems like they are putting more emphasis on the story this time around, which we all have to admit, was one of the weakest parts to DMC. So I dunno, I like Ninja Theory's cast they employ and as long as they make the combat fast and controller throwing difficult enemies, ill love this game.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2010, 07:47:40 PM »

In the trailer he's in a psych ward. It'd be cool if the game had the protagonist be a schizophrenic who only thinks he's Dante. Playing as a schizo is always a huge mindfuck (see: Killer7, Eternal Darkness). As an added bonus, have him meet the REAL Dante later in the game.

TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2010, 07:49:30 PM »

In the trailer he's in a psych ward. It'd be cool if the game had the protagonist be a schizophrenic who only thinks he's Dante. Playing as a schizo is always a huge mindfuck (see: Killer7, Eternal Darkness). As an added bonus, have him meet the REAL Dante later in the game.

Ok, now that would honestly sound great. Let us hope they are cool enough to do something like that or something cool enough to make us think little of the radical design change.

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2010, 08:26:24 PM »

I was mentioning elsewhere yesterday that I'd been trying to subscribe to the theory that he's some mental patient who just THINKS he's Dante. I was thinking he was just in a questioning room at a police station though.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Danku

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2010, 11:05:39 AM »

That would actually be pretty awesome. It would put a pretty cool twist. It would also keep yourself asking "who am I playing as?".
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2010, 12:08:20 PM »

That would actually be pretty awesome. It would put a pretty cool twist. It would also keep yourself asking "who am I playing as?".

wouldn't it be obvious because of character design and especially hair color?

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: