Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2014, 09:23:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338137 Posts in 13843 Topics by 2214 Members
Latest Member: CoreSignal
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  New Devil May Cry, bitches.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 26 Print
Author Topic: New Devil May Cry, bitches.  (Read 51699 times)
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: October 16, 2010, 08:17:56 PM »

Also, another comic.

http://www.gameblurb.net/more/game-humor/hi-dante-my-name-is-dante/

NANOMACHINES, SON.
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: October 17, 2010, 01:16:28 AM »

I'm glad he was mindful of fighting gingivitis and plaque.
going on a rampage like that without brushing could potentially give him a public image of having bad hygiene and ruin all chances of him being in this series ever again.

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: October 17, 2010, 05:46:42 AM »

Not a huge fan of DMC myself, so I don't see why the new design is bad in any way- I just love how apparently having black hair automatically makes you emo. Just seems like people trying to hate on the new design when their issue is that the design was changed at all.

I do think it's kind of pointless to redesign the character when there's no real need to though. Dante looked fine the way he was.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 05:48:42 AM by Hathen » Logged
Booboo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: October 17, 2010, 06:10:12 AM »

I'm not the biggest DMC fanboi but neither a hater. I can say I loved DMC3 and the rest were ok at best but redesigning Dante is the stupidest idea I saw in a while within the gaming industry. Giving the franchise to N.Theory is even more stupid since IMO they are one of the worst action game devs around. I sincerely regret buying HS and didn't do the same mistake with Enslaved which I played on a friend's 360 and it's as expected... shitty.

So a logical syllogism makes me believe the next DMC will be as shitty, considering the work they've done with the redesign which isn't "emo" in my view but still has so much wrong in it.

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: October 17, 2010, 07:05:39 AM »

I thought Enslaved was pretty damn good myself.

Jet16

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: October 17, 2010, 08:11:47 AM »

I'm looking forward to this, despite how goofy Dante looks. I like Heavenly Sword and love Enslaved so I have confidence that Ninja Theory can pull off a decent game at the least.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: October 17, 2010, 08:23:51 AM »

I have faith that the game will be good but I hate the character design, it's ridiculous.

I just love how apparently having black hair automatically makes you emo. Just seems like people trying to hate on the new design when their issue is that the design was changed at all.

What?! Having black hair makes you emo? First time I've heard of it. The hair color is the least of the character's problems. The teen angst bullshit is the issue here. In the original DMC dante was a pretty cool character, this is bullshit.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: October 17, 2010, 09:16:10 AM »

Teen angst? Where?

He looks a bit ragged, but there's nothing on teen angst yet. The trailer certainly didn't show any.

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 17, 2010, 01:15:34 PM »

Yeah, I'm not sure it makes me think of teen angst (maybe a little emo though) so much as 'hipster crack addict' - and again, not just the hair. I *still* think it's retarded that he smokes.

Funny thing I'd been thinking of grabbing Heavenly Sword ever since I got my PS3. But ever since DmC surfaced everyone's been downtalking HS and Ninja Theory, so uh... I don't know. Maybe I'll wait til it's super cheap.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 17, 2010, 01:17:12 PM »

Yeah, I think the design is less emo and more douchebag.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: October 17, 2010, 01:18:44 PM »

He's got that whole "look at me I'm rebel" thing written all over him and it's fucking annoying.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: October 30, 2010, 09:53:33 AM »

Unreal engine confirmed... Not good.

Uru

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: October 30, 2010, 10:50:48 AM »

Man, I loved Heavenly Sword. I thought Enslaved wasn't quite up to HS's level, but still loved it. The acting in HS and Enslaved makes it stand out above all others, a lot of people dont like the games cause NT's combat always rewards defensiveness and not button mashing. Andy Serkis is a god.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 30, 2010, 01:25:21 PM »

Unreal engine confirmed... Not good.

Shit, really? - Do you have a link? I can't find this anywhere, heh.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Booboo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: October 30, 2010, 02:06:55 PM »

Man, I loved Heavenly Sword. I thought Enslaved wasn't quite up to HS's level, but still loved it. The acting in HS and Enslaved makes it stand out above all others, a lot of people dont like the games cause NT's combat always rewards defensiveness and not button mashing. Andy Serkis is a god.

A big NO to that. HS battle system rewards button mashing above anything else. I can agree that NG or the more recent LoS rewards strategic play and defensive play but HS does not. Myself included in those "a lot of people", didn't like the game simply because it was bland, had uninspired parts and was really really really short.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 26 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: