Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 12:05:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334506 Posts in 13704 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  New Devil May Cry, bitches.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 26 Print
Author Topic: New Devil May Cry, bitches.  (Read 49389 times)
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: April 11, 2011, 06:47:52 PM »

He had me at 'dick move, Capcom.'

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: April 11, 2011, 07:34:20 PM »

that was epic awesomeness.

oh you mean like twilight? LOL!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 07:35:56 PM by Alisha » Logged

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: April 12, 2011, 03:40:27 AM »

This guy is awesome.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: April 12, 2011, 06:28:08 PM »

Is it just me, or does the new Dante seem to resemble one of the dudes in that interview.

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 12, 2011, 06:38:06 PM »

Is it just me, or does the new Dante seem to resemble one of the dudes in that interview.
Not just you.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: April 12, 2011, 06:56:45 PM »

Sweet Jesus that is saaad.

And yeah, I can see that interview being a smack to the fans.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Sise-Neg

Conquerer of the Cosmos

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: April 13, 2011, 10:12:49 AM »

After seeing the trailer I thought it was all right, but after watching the interview...well it's clear they aren't doing this to please the fans at all and the new version of Dante looks like the guy in the tight shirt that was being interviewed. Not cool.

Admin of The Legaia Wiki: legaia.wikia.com

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: April 14, 2011, 04:53:13 AM »

After seeing the trailer I thought it was all right, but after watching the interview...well it's clear they aren't doing this to please the fans at all and the new version of Dante looks like the guy in the tight shirt that was being interviewed. Not cool.

Yeah not cool at all, and you know what? This is almost the same thing that happened with the Silent Hill franchise. The first four games are great because there was a team that understood (as a team) what they were creating and what they wanted to create, and after Silent Hill 4, every single person that really understood what Silent Hill was about didn't do more entries for the series, instead, they started other projects and with that many people along the way from the Team Silent left Konami until no one was left in the team.

Why? Because with the last two games --SH3 and 4-- they accomplished and did everything that they could have done with the story of the series. Not to mention that SH4 showed that the franchise was done, with the mixed reception that the game received and the development hell that the game went through it was obvious that this was the time to say good bye to a great franchise.

Also some of you might not know, but Yamaoka was suppose to "direct" Origins and all that crap right? Well, the truth is that he never took part of the development process of any of the games of the franchise, he only does the music. That's why Origins and the rest of that stuff is just "a survival-horror game with Silent Hill on the box art" instead of a real Silent Hill game.

And it goes without saying that Team Silent knew how to move on with their lifes after their success they got with Silent Hill, unlike (some of) the fans.

And you bet your ass that the real horror happens after that The Team Silent was disbanded by the time every important member was gone with; Fan fictions that are suppose to be Silent Hill games and are made by people that have no clue what the series is about along with those nonsensical comics and the movie that doesn't have anything to do with the franchise were made for the sake of money and because in the Silent Hill fandom there are some dumb people that not only doesn't understand the franchise but they also buy every single piece of stuff with SILENT HILL on the front (kinda what happens with Final Fantasy and a lot of old JRPG franchise, actually), that shit is sad bro.

With all that said, is a fucking miracle that Metal Gear is still a decent franchise that still isn't totally raped by capitalism.

And well... now we have the case of DmC. Granted, there are people from past Devil May Cry games working on DmC (maybe?) but the involvement of Ninja Theory doesn't even make sense to begin with. I mean, of all the developers that Capcom could have chosen they choose Ninja Theory? The same dudes that made a copy of God of War called Heavenly Sword and for a moment was the most decent game for the PS3 in the earliest days of the system just because there wasn't any other game that was really decent for the time being? (well, a couple of months later the first Uncharted was released, so that's that) They also did Enslaved: Odyssey to the West and I didn't see too much good things from that game either.

So yeah, calling Ninja Theory a good developer is... a bit too much in my opinion. Either way, the point is if they are not careful, Devil May Cry could be the next Silent Hill for Capcom.

If that happens, I will be happy to save my money to buy other things. I'm still "wonder" why they didn't show any new details of the game in the Captivate of this year? Maybe E3 is all or nothing for them.

We'll see.

Sorry for the tantrum.*
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: April 14, 2011, 08:10:31 AM »

There's no doubt that there are more capable developers for this project out there. I don't know how a developer with HS and Enslaved as a track record gets to reboot one of the most important action franchises ever but that doesn't mean I wasn't willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. That being said, several red flags were raised (at least for me) when I saw the first trailer:

Like I said I absolutely hate what they did with the character.
They are using UE3, an engine that just needs to fucking die already. I wouldn't mind if they were developers capable of creating something special with it (Mass Effect, Batman AA, Bioshock) but enslaved proved beyond the shadow of a doubt that this is not the case, specially on PS3. We already know that this engine isn't PS3 friendly but Enslaved is one of the worst offenders and it was released at a time when platform parity was already being achieved by most developers.
Now I see their arrogant attitude and I just don't care anymore.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Sise-Neg

Conquerer of the Cosmos

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: April 14, 2011, 10:36:43 AM »

You guys didn't like Heavenly Sword? I thought it was a really fun game, despite the fact that it was a bit too short...

Admin of The Legaia Wiki: legaia.wikia.com

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 14, 2011, 08:05:03 PM »

I just absolutely loathe that one of my favourite series is in the care of a dev who just doesn't get that very same series at all. And the attitude doesn't help. I'm waiting for them to prove me wrong but I'm not hopeful.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: April 15, 2011, 10:28:37 AM »

I agree 100%, the way it comes across is the dev. knows (at least in the beginning) that people will buy it and there's $$$ to be made. And maybe it will be good, and to be honest I somewhat feel the series has been played out without some seriously new injection of life, so maybe...
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 10:36:27 AM by Bytor » Logged

Everything's Eventual
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 11, 2011, 01:21:28 PM »

E3 screens and trailer.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/06/08/dmc_trailer/
http://www.andriasang.com/e/galleries/2011/06/08/dmc_screens/

It wasn't shown at Capcom's booth at all. It was likely behind closed doors. It still looks meh and I'm still annoyed Capcom handed the IP over.

Also WTF: http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/06/08/dmc_movie/

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: June 11, 2011, 01:51:28 PM »

Trying to be punk, looks like shit.  Are they trying to bottle the essence of rebellion with those blood messages?  I am officially a hater.

Looking at that, and then looking at Shadows of the Damned, how could Capcom think that western developers would do better?  SotD nails the punk attitude, and actually looks to have legit gameplay.

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: June 11, 2011, 06:51:33 PM »

I just absolutely loathe that one of my favourite series is in the care of a dev who just doesn't get that very same series at all. And the attitude doesn't help. I'm waiting for them to prove me wrong but I'm not hopeful.

Try being a Silent Hill fan.

Trying to be punk, looks like shit.  Are they trying to bottle the essence of rebellion with those blood messages?  I am officially a hater.

Looking at that, and then looking at Shadows of the Damned, how could Capcom think that western developers would do better?  SotD nails the punk attitude, and actually looks to have legit gameplay.

Agreed. They should have just let Suda do Devil May Cry 5.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 06:54:53 PM by Lard » Logged

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 26 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: