Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 19, 2014, 01:39:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
340914 Posts in 13932 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  New Devil May Cry, bitches.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 26 Print
Author Topic: New Devil May Cry, bitches.  (Read 52838 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: June 12, 2011, 02:23:48 AM »

Looking at that, and then looking at Shadows of the Damned, how could Capcom think that western developers would do better?  SotD nails the punk attitude, and actually looks to have legit gameplay.

You know what's funny about that? SotD has been censored by EA in a lot of aspects, and with all that censoring of moving crazy and mature ideas from the initial concept here and there for the west SotD still has the vibe that the original concept had.

Unlike DmC that is trying to be something. It must be said that the game itself doesn't look awful (for me anyway) but by the standards that the franchise already has and the fan reaction, this can get even more ugly. Either way, I'm buying this just for my love of the franchise and for curiosity. And if I like the final product, well... bad luck. :p

The good thing about this mess though is that I'm not even annoyed anymore, feels good man.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 13, 2011, 12:19:08 PM »

Even in the beginning, I always thought this might be an interesting game.... if it wasn't labeled as a Devil May Cry. I still want to see more before I even buy it - chances are I'll at least rent it.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 14, 2011, 01:58:38 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pE4pz3yi7dk

Talk about a waste of an interview. Hardly answered a fucking thing even. Way to prove yourselves.

LMAO @ respect and reverence. Have they even played the games...?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 02:04:38 AM by kyuusei » Logged

NANOMACHINES, SON.
hell_snake

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: June 14, 2011, 08:37:49 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pE4pz3yi7dk

Talk about a waste of an interview. Hardly answered a fucking thing even. Way to prove yourselves.

LMAO @ respect and reverence. Have they even played the games...?

I highly doubt that. I'm sure Hideki Kamiya is laughing at that trailer as I write this.

"An unanswered question is better than an unquestioned answer"
Zadok83

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: June 14, 2011, 02:18:21 PM »

E3 screens and trailer.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/06/08/dmc_trailer/
http://www.andriasang.com/e/galleries/2011/06/08/dmc_screens/

It wasn't shown at Capcom's booth at all. It was likely behind closed doors. It still looks meh and I'm still annoyed Capcom handed the IP over.

Also WTF: http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/06/08/dmc_movie/

I actually thought the screenshots weren't that bad...until I saw the trailer.  Can anyone say DULL?  Why in the world is there such a drastic drop off in the quality of the graphics?  It looks like early PS2 graphics (which is bad considering this is a next gen game).  The action was very bland and nothing really stuck out.  They tried a little gimmick (Dante's hair turning all white for a few secs), but it felt forced and ultimately fell flat.

Also, why would they make a DMC movie based off THIS game?  It just doesn't make sense.
Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: June 14, 2011, 02:37:44 PM »

Also, why would they make a DMC movie based off THIS game?  It just doesn't make sense.

Twilight?
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: June 14, 2011, 02:42:04 PM »

E3 screens and trailer.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/06/08/dmc_trailer/
http://www.andriasang.com/e/galleries/2011/06/08/dmc_screens/

It wasn't shown at Capcom's booth at all. It was likely behind closed doors. It still looks meh and I'm still annoyed Capcom handed the IP over.

Also WTF: http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/06/08/dmc_movie/

I actually thought the screenshots weren't that bad...until I saw the trailer.  Can anyone say DULL?  Why in the world is there such a drastic drop off in the quality of the graphics?  It looks like early PS2 graphics (which is bad considering this is a next gen game).  The action was very bland and nothing really stuck out.  They tried a little gimmick (Dante's hair turning all white for a few secs), but it felt forced and ultimately fell flat.

It's based on UE3 and enslaved showed us that NT aren't exactly masters with that engine (it's not even that good to begin with, I can't believe they still use that shit).

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 16, 2011, 03:01:16 AM »

Perhaps I'd be less pissy if this decides to exist.

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/06/15/spanish-game-store-lists-devil-may-cry-hd-collection-with-box-art/

That's all I ever wanted out of the HD collection trend. Mores than God of War or Metal Gear Solid.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Zadok83

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: June 18, 2011, 04:48:41 PM »

Twilight?

Good one!
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: June 18, 2011, 04:58:22 PM »

After seeing some of the gameplay I'm still not sold on this reboot.

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: June 18, 2011, 11:50:27 PM »

I'm betting this game will have an even worse reception by fans than DMC2 had.

xellos2099

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: June 25, 2011, 03:31:41 PM »

Reboot is freaking stupid.  DMC1 is godly, DMC 2 suck.... in many different way; DMC 3 is good.  DMC 4, well, isn't bad, but I prefer Dante the entire way.  THIS is utter trash.   Why not let Platinum game do this?  They did a very nice job of Bayonetta; one can hate the music and character but the action is solid at 60fps for 360, which is great for me. 
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 03:36:56 PM by xellos2099 » Logged
Jonathan Ingram
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: June 25, 2011, 04:11:54 PM »

Reboot is freaking stupid.  DMC1 is godly, DMC 2 suck.... in many different way; DMC 3 is good.  DMC 4, well, isn't bad, but I prefer Dante the entire way.  THIS is utter trash.   Why not let Platinum game do this?  They did a very nice job of Bayonetta; one can hate the music and character but the action is solid at 60fps for 360, which is great for me. 

Platinum are former Capcom guys. Capcom didn`t give them the boot just to invite them to work on their games again later.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 25, 2011, 04:16:07 PM »

Platinum are former Capcom guys. Capcom didn`t give them the boot just to invite them to work on their games again later.

That's assuming most (if not all) left of their own volition. It's ended up happening in some cases anyway, like Masato Kato leaving SE yet still freelancing on some games of their's.
Sise-Neg

Conquerer of the Cosmos

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: June 27, 2011, 12:36:25 AM »

I'm not exactly thrilled at the fact that the person calling himself Dante in the preview (if it IS Dante - maybe they haven't revealed to us a plot twist of sorts) looks so much like one of the developers - talk about ego. Still, I don't think  this ruins the franchise because DMC doesn't exactly have an amazing track record to begin with. DMC 1 and 3 were good - 2 was awful and 4 was mediocre. We may be surprised (or our suspicions may be right and this will be total suck) but let's wait and see before automatically casting this one aside.

Admin of The Legaia Wiki: legaia.wikia.com

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 26 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: