Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 05:02:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319666 Posts in 13044 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  New Devil May Cry, bitches.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 26 Print
Author Topic: New Devil May Cry, bitches.  (Read 42422 times)
hell_snake

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: June 27, 2011, 12:21:05 PM »

I'm not exactly thrilled at the fact that the person calling himself Dante in the preview (if it IS Dante - maybe they haven't revealed to us a plot twist of sorts) looks so much like one of the developers - talk about ego. Still, I don't think  this ruins the franchise because DMC doesn't exactly have an amazing track record to begin with. DMC 1 and 3 were good - 2 was awful and 4 was mediocre. We may be surprised (or our suspicions may be right and this will be total suck) but let's wait and see before automatically casting this one aside.

Nope. DMC1 was amazing and an evolution in action games, 2 was mediocre, 3 was one of the best action games ever made and 4 was decent.

Get your facts straight son!

"An unanswered question is better than an unquestioned answer"
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 27, 2011, 12:39:02 PM »

DMC1 was great, I felt like DMC3 just perfected everything DMC1 set out to do gameplay wise. DMC2, meh. I try not to talk about that one. DMC4 was fine as long as you don't totally hate not playing as Dante for most of the game.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Sise-Neg

Conquerer of the Cosmos

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: June 27, 2011, 01:17:47 PM »

I'm not exactly thrilled at the fact that the person calling himself Dante in the preview (if it IS Dante - maybe they haven't revealed to us a plot twist of sorts) looks so much like one of the developers - talk about ego. Still, I don't think  this ruins the franchise because DMC doesn't exactly have an amazing track record to begin with. DMC 1 and 3 were good - 2 was awful and 4 was mediocre. We may be surprised (or our suspicions may be right and this will be total suck) but let's wait and see before automatically casting this one aside.

Nope. DMC1 was amazing and an evolution in action games, 2 was mediocre, 3 was one of the best action games ever made and 4 was decent.

Get your facts straight son!

Heh, only the odd numbered games in the series have been good. Since this would be the 5th game out, maybe luck is on its side? lol

I also feel the same way about the Metal Gear Solid Series (in that I felt only 1 and 3 were worthy of the hype).

Admin of The Legaia Wiki: legaia.wikia.com

Jonathan Ingram
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: June 28, 2011, 05:05:37 PM »

DMC 1 and 3 were good - 2 was awful and 4 was mediocre. We may be surprised (or our suspicions may be right and this will be total suck) but let's wait and see before automatically casting this one aside.

DMC4`s main problem was that it hit a budget wall hard halfway through the development process. Also, too much exploration and not enough combat. But the core gameplay mechanics were still excellen(for this reason I found Bloody Palace to be much more fun than the story mode). No way will Ninja Theory be able to match the fluidity and excellence of DMC4`s combat. And not with that crappy engine either.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 17, 2011, 04:10:26 PM »

Yep. No wonder you play all the stages twice (once as each character).

Anyway, more hints at an HD collection.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/snow_infernus/blog/2011/07/13/devil_may_cry_10th_anniversary_art_contest

Hell, I'd even play 2 in HD and I hate 2.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Maxximum

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: July 17, 2011, 05:25:24 PM »

I'm liking the idea of an HD collection. I was actually thinking of buying all three for the PS2 because they are fairly cheap now, but I'll probably wait for this instead.

NOW PLAYING:                                         IMPRESSIONS:
Natural Selection2:                                         RTS/FPS hybrid that I just cant seem to get bored of.
Hearthstone:                                                 I don't like card games, and yet I enjoy this.
Vaporeon

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: July 17, 2011, 07:31:40 PM »

I should've been the one to fill your dark soul with LIGGGGHHHHHHHHT-LIGGGHHHHHHT-LIGGGHHHHHHHT...
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: July 18, 2011, 04:48:22 PM »

DMC 1 and 3 were good - 2 was awful and 4 was mediocre. We may be surprised (or our suspicions may be right and this will be total suck) but let's wait and see before automatically casting this one aside.

DMC4`s main problem was that it hit a budget wall hard halfway through the development process. Also, too much exploration and not enough combat. But the core gameplay mechanics were still excellen(for this reason I found Bloody Palace to be much more fun than the story mode). No way will Ninja Theory be able to match the fluidity and excellence of DMC4`s combat. And not with that crappy engine either.

I'm thinking the same thing. The frame rate of Ninja Theory games are all bad. Heavelnly Sword is bad and Enslaved is even worse. On the PS3 you even had about a 1 second lag between button input and the actual character reaction on the screen.

I thought HS to be okay, Enslaved to be really bad (besides voice acting which were really good). Now for DMC, I hope people don't even bother buying or renting. I hope Capcom releases it together with a killer game that will make people forget this crap so capcom doesn't try to shove us this crap fest again and next time they do themselves the real deal and deliver a true sequel. (or prequel, doesn't matter)

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 16, 2011, 10:42:32 AM »

In case anyone missed it in the Gamescom thread: Trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Riz1byp-MW8

Some screens: http://www.destructoid.com/your-first-gameplay-footage-of-dmc-devil-may-cry-208957.phtml

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Maxximum

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: August 17, 2011, 02:47:45 PM »

Yeah, I saw that trailer. Still hate Dantes design, still think the gameplay looks clunky, still hoping its all just WIP, still willing to give it a chance.

NOW PLAYING:                                         IMPRESSIONS:
Natural Selection2:                                         RTS/FPS hybrid that I just cant seem to get bored of.
Hearthstone:                                                 I don't like card games, and yet I enjoy this.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: August 17, 2011, 07:39:25 PM »

I personally think the new trailer looks pretty slick.  Most of the combo stuff looks familiar but more fluid.  I'm optimistic right now. I'll need more to be completely sold though.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 17, 2011, 07:49:51 PM »

Yeah, the movement looks a little slow (or maybe that's for trailer purposes) but the combos look very familiar, especially the air combos. They're going to have to sell me on a lot more than that though.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
AJR
Totally groovy

Oh, this burning beard.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: August 19, 2011, 11:54:34 AM »

Looks like fun. I've generally enjoyed what I've seen from Ninja Theory, and I'm sure they're working hard to make a much faster, more fluid game than what they're used to. I'm not sure how it will stack up to DMC at it's best, but I'm sure they'll make a solid action game.

Earth-2.net is a website where I occasionally type words about entertaining pieces of media.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: November 02, 2011, 04:20:24 PM »

Bumping for new trailer:

PS3/Xbox360 - DmC Devil May Cry TGS 2011 SPECIAL TRAILER
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 02, 2011, 07:55:36 PM »

...Turning into a Dante we actually recognize when you activate Devil Trigger oh I see.

And it's in a parallel world apparently.

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/10/31/dmc-devil-may-cry-takes-place-in-a-parallel-world-with-a-different-dante/

Is Ninja Theory making this all up as they go?

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 26 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: