Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2014, 06:09:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
340889 Posts in 13931 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  New Devil May Cry, bitches.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 26 Print
Author Topic: New Devil May Cry, bitches.  (Read 52823 times)
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: November 02, 2011, 08:09:24 PM »

Parallel world? Really?

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: November 02, 2011, 08:21:45 PM »

Jesus Christ, they've ripped off They Live.  I was waiting for someone to say "Brother, life's a bitch and she's back in heat", but alas.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: November 02, 2011, 08:24:22 PM »

So they are basically saying that this is a spin-off? Dunno, but Devil May Cry never really had a coherent story outside of maybe the first and third games, and saying that the anime is canon is just weird... every game in the series shows a different incarnation of Dante and the unverse since the franchise has been in the hands of so many people over the years with each new game. I never understood how all of the games and anime were well connected to each other, it doesn't even make that much sense, yeah I know video games, but still.

For all I care though (which is a lot with this series for me) the original DMC is the only one I truly like even if I really enjoyed DMC3 for months when I played it a couple of years ago.

But about DmC, the only "big problem" I have with it is that some of the staff at Ninja Theory thinks (or thought) that DMC was a about fashion and pop culture references. Dude, DMC is a hacked version of RE Code Veronica.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 02, 2011, 08:44:05 PM »

DMC started out as a Resident Evil game, yeah. I can see how DMC1, 3 and somewhat 4 fit together, even if some of it's weird and not all explained. Even so, this is.. a really drastic departure from all of it. I still think that Ninja Theory doesn't 'get' the series, and is making this up as they go, like making Devil Trigger Dante look like the Dante from before to appease fans.

This game wouldn't be shat on so much if it wasn't being called a Devil May Cry game.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: November 02, 2011, 08:55:11 PM »

This game wouldn't be shat on so much if it wasn't being called a Devil May Cry game.

Exactly, this is the same thing that has been happening with the Silent Hill games since Origins. But a name sells more than an actually good product, just look at how Shadows of the Damned (and to some extension) Vanquish ended.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: November 03, 2011, 01:36:42 AM »

...Turning into a Dante we actually recognize when you activate Devil Trigger oh I see.

And it's in a parallel world apparently.

It worked so well for Suikoden!

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 03, 2011, 01:10:30 PM »

http://www.capcom-unity.com/gregaman/blog/2011/11/03/new_dmc_screens_range_from_rad_to_awesome Well the environments aren't too awful.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: November 09, 2011, 01:06:35 AM »

DmC developers at Ninja Theory inviting Top DMC players to test game

Shit just got real?
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 09, 2011, 01:11:38 AM »

I used to be good at DMC, but I probably suck now. Couldn't beat 4's final boss ha. I was definitely never a top player though. And the closest I ever got to the UK was Amsterdam.

Funny story: one of the Ninja Theory guys actually followed me on Twitter like 2-3 weeks ago but didn't stick around, lol. I am a bit... vocal on DmC, though I'd hoped they were looking for, er, feedback. Ah well. =P

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: November 09, 2011, 01:18:53 AM »

Funny story: one of the Ninja Theory guys actually followed me on Twitter like 2-3 weeks ago but didn't stick around, lol. I am a bit... vocal on DmC, though I'd hoped they were looking for, er, feedback. Ah well. =P

Oh the irony. :p Being a DMC fan is tough.

I remember being pretty good at DMC3 but it has being a while since I've played it but I was able to finish Ninja Gaiden Sigma 1 and 2 last year so I'm still fast enough to play crazy action games. Bayonetta is pretty insane though, is almost overwhelming at some points.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 09, 2011, 01:24:30 AM »

Games like DMC3 and Bayonetta also require, you know, actual skill. Games like God of War? Not so much even though they're all hack n slash. I remember checking out Ninja Gaiden 3 this past E3 and thinking I should actually get the Sigma games, even if they're hard.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: November 09, 2011, 01:37:36 AM »

That's what I say to everyone that likes God of War. But no one cares. :(

About the Sigma games, the first one is harder than the sequel but the Challenge mode in Sigma 2 is pretty crazy.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 09, 2011, 01:40:18 AM »

I actually like God of War. But definitely NOT because it tests any skills. Then again I don't play on hard mode as much as I should (always). Really though, regular combat is shit. It's the epic ridiculous boss battles that make it fun (even though they're not always difficult either).

Yeah, definitely getting the Sigma games.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: November 09, 2011, 07:14:33 AM »

I'm on the same boat as you guys. I think the problem in GoW is that way too many moves don't seem to respond like you want them too.
An example I remember is if you press L!+Triangle, Kratos keeps hitting non stop all day, and sometimes you just want to cancel the move so you don't get hit but you can't. This is one of the things that infuriate me. Not to mention that 70% of the enemies are brain dead.

I can't say how much more I like Bayonetta, DMC and Ninja Gaiden as opposed to other hack n'slash games.

I hope the new DMC Collection coems to PSN so I can get only DMC 3 because I certainly won't be getting this new thing Ninja Theory is making and I don't have the stomach for 1 and 2 anymore.

I wonder how did Ninja Theory ended up making a DMC game in the first place ? I mean, Heavenly Sword wasn't so bad, but it could have much better controls, and Enslaved they actually managed to make it a lot worse. I remember in the PS3 version, at least, there was a full 1 second delay between inputs, not only that but the combat was way worse by itself too.

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: November 09, 2011, 08:24:30 AM »

The GoW games are actually pretty damn tough on hard (let alone god/titan), you sure as hell need to know what you're doig. Some sections are insane, try the part at the end of GOW1 where you protect kratos' family or hades and cerberus in Gow3. People also rely too much on the chains and don't realize how useful the other weapons can be not to mention that they add more diversity to the combat.

I would love to see those test sessions they are having with fans, looking forward to hearing their impressions (if they're even allowed to talk).

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 26 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: