Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 23, 2014, 05:37:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329476 Posts in 13498 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  New Devil May Cry, bitches.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 26 Print
Author Topic: New Devil May Cry, bitches.  (Read 46397 times)
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: June 13, 2012, 12:59:25 PM »

It looks far better than a while ago, they redesigned Dante a bit, but he's still too much Emo and not enough Badass for my taste.

NOW PLAYING:
Hearthstone: I don't like card games, and yet I enjoy this.
Chaos on Deponia: Beat the first one, went straight for the second one, that says a lot.
F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin: Seems ok, has mouse issues.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 13, 2012, 04:19:32 PM »

Oh yeah they definitely changed things since its first reveal. I think he still LOOKS emo but when you hear him ingame he doesn't sound so lame. His exchange with the boss I fought was pretty funny. The demo was one of the more fun ones I played at the show (MGR ranks up there too).

NANOMACHINES, SON.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 09, 2012, 12:31:23 AM »

http://andriasang.com/con26s/dmc_trailer/ I still maintain that it's actually fun to play.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: August 09, 2012, 12:35:55 PM »

Time will tell, I don't want to write it off just yet. I probably wouldn't have a problem with the new Dante if I knew nothing about the old games.

NOW PLAYING:
Hearthstone: I don't like card games, and yet I enjoy this.
Chaos on Deponia: Beat the first one, went straight for the second one, that says a lot.
F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin: Seems ok, has mouse issues.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 09, 2012, 01:38:22 PM »

True - that is one plus to a reboot.

I have no high hopes for the story, but it's not like the past games have had great plots either. The gameplay has always been the crux of the series.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: August 13, 2012, 03:33:09 PM »

DmC Producer discusses Reboot and how they made gameplay feel like classic DMC

Why do you feel now is a good time to reinvent the Devil May Cry series with DmC, which Ninja Theory is developing?

Motohide Eshiro (Producer): As far as the timing is concerned, a big part of the motivation is not waiting for the series to fizzle out, but to do it while the series is still doing really well. We've done Devil May Cry 1-4 and they keep getting better with each iteration, but rather than waiting for things to go badly and then trying to give it a rebirth we thought it would be an interesting challenge to try to do something new with it while it's still quite viable.

While we were doing this rebirth we decided on a new artistic direction to potentially draw in more Western fans. That was the motivation to work with Ninja Theory. We had the right developer, a good concept, and Itsuno-san to supervise and direct the title with Ninja Theory to make sure we have a proper DMC game while still trying to break new ground. As a company, we want to challenge ourselves rather than wait until the series is not viable. Let's do it now and see what happens while it's still quite big.

So, they want to take a risk with a franchise that has an established fanbase and bringing new fans by making a DMC that looks and feels completely different from what most fans loves from the series which ends up alienating said fanbase in the process and also in the first couple of interviews guys from Ninja Theory say that fans can (not explicitly) fuck off if they don't like what they are seeing because DmC more than a video game made to its dedicated fanbase is at the end of the day a product that they are making with more "global appeal" while the franchise (like they say) is still is alive.

...okay. :|
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: August 13, 2012, 04:17:00 PM »

I still don't know why they ever thought showing that interview was a good idea.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: August 14, 2012, 05:25:55 AM »

Vergil confirmed for DmC! "we have to put our lives in each other's hands, completely, without hesitation..." -- source

--

"Vergil will have a role in Ninja Theory's DmC: Devil May Cry, Capcom announced during its Gamescom press conference today. Vergil, Dante's brother, will wield his classic Yamato sword and will have his standard white hair." -- Source: joystiq

--

DmC: Devil May Cry gamescom 2012 Trailer

« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 11:15:41 AM by Yggdrasil » Logged
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 14, 2012, 04:38:03 PM »

While I love the addition of Vergil, that last artwork.. what the hell?

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: August 14, 2012, 06:25:03 PM »

still looks like fail. hopefully enough people DONT buy the game for capcom to get the message.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: August 14, 2012, 09:04:21 PM »

DMC4 moved more than 2 million copies even with the game getting a mixed reception. DmC I can see it getting 8/10 in a bunch of reviews from big sites and selling maybe more than Dragon's Dogma.

Who knows, Operation Raccoon City was considered terrible by fans but it sold really well because of brand recognition and nostalgia.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 09:03:30 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: August 15, 2012, 03:38:17 AM »

still looks like fail. hopefully enough people DONT buy the game for capcom to get the message.
You sound like the guy on Kotaku who KNOWS the game will be terrible because it doesn't run at 60 fps or some nonsense.

Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: August 15, 2012, 05:53:11 PM »

I in fact, will do the opposite.  Dante doesn't look any more ridiculous now than he did in the earlier games.  Instead of being a white-haired Japanese bitch boy, he now looks like a dumbass American punk.  I'm in it for the game, and it looks like it'll be fun.
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: August 15, 2012, 06:03:43 PM »

I love DMC1 and DMC3 dearly.  Hated DMC2 like everyone.  Haven't played DMC4, mostly out of fear that it'll ruin my memories of 1 and 3. 

I actually like Ninja Theory's first two games.  Heavenly Sword and Enslaved are near-perfect rentals: pretty to look at, some stylish action, under 8 hours of playtime.  Like a vapid popcorn flick, they're fun once and then mostly forgettable.  Can DmC be good and fit that description?  Yes.  Am I interested in the game and want to play it?  Will I buy it right when it comes out? No. 

...does Vergil looks like he belongs in the Hitler Youth?  Yes.  He puts the SS in SSStylish. 

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 15, 2012, 06:39:37 PM »

DMC4 isn't that bad. DMC2 is the series' black sheep... and rightfully so. 4 just doesn't live up to 1 and 3, but it won't ruin your memories. Same gameplay, but you're stuck with Nero half the time and, well, he sucks. You also have to do the same stages twice as a result.

As for the story, I can't remember what the fuck happened in that game. :P But again, who cares?

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 26 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: