Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 07:18:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319236 Posts in 13035 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  New Devil May Cry, bitches.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 26 Print
Author Topic: New Devil May Cry, bitches.  (Read 42212 times)
mjrpgfan

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: November 16, 2012, 04:33:23 AM »

Yeah, for sure. Not to say that God of War style combat isn't fun and entertaining, but it doesn't have longevity or much room for creativity or displays of skill.

Will prob get the PC version if it turns out to be a decent game.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 01:11:44 AM by mjrpgfan » Logged
Desert Walker

dimitri_rozokov@hotmail.com bladegolem
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: November 16, 2012, 07:46:36 PM »

The chick in that video is foxier than the game version of her... that shouldn't happen either.  With all due respect, her voice is old, and she looks sorta slutty in the game.... pure demon-cougar.

Interesting reasoning.  On an unrelated note, congratulations!  That comment made me click on the link to the video which I didn't expect to happen.  Ever.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: November 16, 2012, 09:12:22 PM »

Next halloween I'm totally going as "mo-cap" guy

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: November 18, 2012, 12:08:32 AM »

DmC: Devil May Cry Developer Diary 02 -- Fighting the Power

"Capcom has released the second video in its series of DmC: Devil May Cry developer diaries, featuring Kat voice actress Sage Mears and Vergil voice actor David De Lautour, who discuss their characters and stories."

Both seem to be the more tolerable characters so far.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: November 18, 2012, 11:54:53 AM »

I'm in love with the editing decisions on that...

"To fight the Demon King.....  DEMON KING".

I can't wait for reviews with this game.  But otherwise, I liked seeing the behind the scenes, I always thought mo-cap tech was really cool.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 18, 2012, 12:51:47 PM »

Guess we'll see re: gameplay when the demo comes out this week then. I'm gonna give it a shot and hope its different from the E3 demo. From what I recall, it's closer to past DMC gameplay rather than God Of War style button mashing gameplay. Not saying it'll be right up there, but it's a start.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
mjrpgfan

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: November 18, 2012, 02:29:45 PM »

Many opinions will be shared when the demo is released.

Looking forward to it.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: November 18, 2012, 03:19:37 PM »

Ninja Theory has a lot to prove. And none of the things they have showed or said in the last 2 years have made me interested enough in the game to actually buy it.

A demo might change that, but even if it does my money is going directly to Metal Gear Rising. DmC is not a priority of mine.
mjrpgfan

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: November 18, 2012, 04:58:22 PM »

I'm also looking forward to Metal Gear Rising. Once again Platinum Games will show em how it's done.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 20, 2012, 09:32:24 PM »

Has anyone actually tried the demo yet? I haven't been home to download, but wanted to hear impressions.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: November 20, 2012, 10:20:10 PM »

I quite liked it, but then I'm not a hugely invested fan, so take my opinion of the demo with a grain of salt.

Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: November 20, 2012, 10:45:51 PM »

It's decent.  It's certainly no Bayonetta in terms of combat complexity or fluid controls/feel.  But it certainly isn't worth all the hatred it's received, and I'm buying it.
mjrpgfan

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: November 20, 2012, 11:05:44 PM »

It's somewhere between DMC and God of War. You have a good amount of options but it still feels somewhat mashy. Good platforming and level design. Most gamers will enjoy/love it. It's miles ahead of their past action gaming efforts.

I'll buy it on PC for the 60 FPS.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 11:15:28 PM by mjrpgfan » Logged
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: November 20, 2012, 11:45:28 PM »

DmC is a solid 7/10 game overall just by playing the demo, and for what I've been reading is the best game Ninja Theory seems to have has made so far. Dunno if that's worth mentioning.

About the itself; Combat requires more memorization than skill, the entire system feels that is more about making the battles look awesome instead of making them an affair of skill and precision. All things considered however is decent for what it offers and its definitely fun (especially for people who are new to the genre).

Also, DmC has nice art direction that translated well into the game for the most part which kinda took me by surprise. I don't know what's the deal with the framerate in the cutscenes though, they looked like shit in the PS3 demo (the one that I've been playing).
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 10:40:28 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: November 21, 2012, 12:33:59 AM »

Just ran through the demo on ps3, the camera is clunky, and makes using the demon lift and pulls annoying since you have to actually see the target when using them (for platforming anyway). Outside of that, I like it, being a long time devil may cry fan. The controls take a little getting used to for fluid combo flow, but once I picked up on it, I was getting A ranks fairly fast...not stylish but almost. The design is intriguing, very devil may cry...but more than that. People who bash this game still are just stupid, ninja theory did a damned decent job. I look forward to playing the finished product.

TASTY!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 26 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: