Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 26, 2014, 11:26:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338564 Posts in 13857 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  New Devil May Cry, bitches.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 26 Print
Author Topic: New Devil May Cry, bitches.  (Read 51907 times)
Monsoon
Electric Mayhem
Contributing Editor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: January 14, 2013, 07:33:24 AM »

The reviews surrounding the game are surprisingly positive. I might end up picking this one up sooner than I originally intended.

PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 14, 2013, 10:21:47 AM »

Decided to wait for a summer Steam sale for DmC.  The IGN review talks about the inconsistent framerate on the PS3 version, which I saw quite a bit when I played the demo. 
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 14, 2013, 07:31:52 PM »

Screw "the feel of 60 FPS", how about actual 60 FPS? Second example.

I'm glad they weren't one of the developers who thinks capping UE3 games at 30 on PC's a good idea, but I guess it'd be sticking in your head with how fans reacted to the 30 FPS news.
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 14, 2013, 08:37:29 PM »

Damn, that looks so freakin' sick.  This game really needed to run at 60 fps on consoles.  What a shame. 
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: January 14, 2013, 08:56:11 PM »

G-d, this does look like a good game. However, and I hate to beat a thoroughly dead horse, I just can't get used to Dante's new look. I've seen it for over a year now, and it still looks...weird. That's, like, the only problem I have with the game, though. I was worried about the gameplay from the early videos, but it does look like they've patched that up recently. I guess I'll go play the demo and see if I like it, though I might just end up playing more of DMC4 and Bayonetta solely because I like the style of those games more.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
beLIEve?

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: January 14, 2013, 11:15:50 PM »

i played the demo and i had a okay time with what little i played there is a prompt to push a certain button to do a special move (demon climb i think) presumably to get on the awning but i couldn't figure out what i was supposed to do. i would've liked the game a lot if i wasn't confused by that one little thing.

i never played any of the dmc games but i heard one of them is terrible (2 maybe?)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: January 14, 2013, 11:26:45 PM »

G-d, this does look like a good game.

It is.

But to be completely clear the whole game is "just OK", if you are more into games like DMC4 and/or Bayo is hard to imagine that you are gonna get much enjoyment out of DmC for a variety of reasons, though, the demo does a good job in giving a taste of what you can expect so you can base your purchase over that if you so desire.

You are going to miss doing stuff like this however:

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: January 15, 2013, 12:17:30 AM »

I actually thought the demo was quite riveting. It was only early stuff, but so far I'm impressed. Sure, the story is only half-interesting, it has a cheezy hollywood style to it, the voice acting flat out sucks, the difficulty feels a tad low for a Devil May Cry game, the demon pull mechanic confused the heck outta me, and the platforming controls kinda suck, but the core combat was fun - not as fun as DMC usually is, but better than Ninja Theory has ever done before. It feels like a Heavenly Sword that doesn't suck, for instance, with the way you switch weapons with the trigger. The boss battle on show was also cleverly designed. At the very least, they know how to make this game intense, while also throwing in enough downtime to explore your surroundings, which is quite rewarding.

I honestly don't expect an unrelated party to ever really come close to Devil May Cry 3 and 4, but I think this is as close to them as I could possibly ask, assuming the rest of the game can hold this level of quality. That said, I won't be buying it day one, but that's more because of money issues than anything else. I may pick it up next year, though. And I look forward to it.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

WOLOLO

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #293 on: January 15, 2013, 12:40:40 AM »

Damn, that looks so freakin' sick.  This game really needed to run at 60 fps on consoles.  What a shame. 

Yeah, I'm definitely gonna pick it up when it shows up on Steam.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: January 16, 2013, 03:35:17 AM »

The reviews surrounding the game are surprisingly positive. I might end up picking this one up sooner than I originally intended.

And if Capcom Japan had put it out, it probably would have gotten shit on.
Ironic.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 16, 2013, 03:47:00 AM »

Ironic.

I think it's hovering around what DMC4 got actually and that was probably the worst received non-DMC2 entry.

Though Dragon's Dogma DID do a bit worse on Metacritic.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

WOLOLO

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #296 on: January 16, 2013, 10:21:15 AM »

Ironic.

Disagree.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: January 16, 2013, 10:26:59 AM »

Picked it up on 360 last night....really enjoying it. The combat is a heck of a lot of fun, especially after Mission 2, ton of ways to take down enemies.

I havent played a Devil May Cry game since I played the living shit out of DMC3 when it first came out, so this feels.....fresh again.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: January 17, 2013, 01:11:04 AM »

I think it's hovering around what DMC4 got actually and that was probably the worst received non-DMC2 entry.

A shame because DMC4 has the most enjoyble combat system in the genre along with Ninja Gaiden Black and 2. Bloody Palace on DMC4 is really where that game shines the most.

Though, I like to stick with titles like God Hand or Vanquish myself even if those two are more hybrids than anything else.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 17, 2013, 01:43:54 AM »

A shame because DMC4 has the most enjoyble combat system in the genre along with Ninja Gaiden Black and 2. Bloody Palace on DMC4 is really where that game shines the most.

Though, I like to stick with titles like God Hand or Vanquish myself even if those two are more hybrids than anything else.

Well, worst isn't synonymous with terrible, and DMC1/3/4 by most opinions are all great games! Only 2's an out and out stinker.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 26 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: