Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 30, 2014, 10:23:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329970 Posts in 13522 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  New Devil May Cry, bitches.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 Print
Author Topic: New Devil May Cry, bitches.  (Read 46810 times)
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: January 22, 2013, 10:00:18 PM »

I think it's actually more that the original development team REALLY wanted to do something different (Dragon's Dogma), and rather than force a new developer to closely follow in their footsteps in every regard they FORCED them to cut loose stylistically while being generally faithful to the gameplay people liked (though admittedly not enough for the hardcore fans, but that's really not a surprise). If the developers were willing to do another DMC rather than make Dragon's Dogma we probably would've gotten a more traditional DMC5 instead.

I always forget about Dragon's Dogma because I haven't played it yet, but this makes sense. I'm kinda glad we got this rather than DMC5, it was starting to get old (although 4 was still solid). This is a breath of fresh air for the franchise in my opinion.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: January 22, 2013, 10:06:16 PM »

Is pretty obvious that they wanted to work on something different. Personally I'm surprised that for whatever reason Capcom let them do what they were interested instead of doing DMC5.

Hell, that's one of the reasons why RE4 ended up the way it did.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 10:12:55 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: January 22, 2013, 10:29:08 PM »

Is pretty obvious that they wanted to work on something different. Personally I'm surprised that for whatever reason Capcom let them do what they were interested instead of doing DMC5.

While DmC is not quite on the same level as RE4 in terms of greatness, the fact that these two games are better than the formula games they have made around the same window it really shows you how much they need outside help lol. Change is good people!

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: January 22, 2013, 10:38:27 PM »

I always forget about Dragon's Dogma because I haven't played it yet, but this makes sense. I'm kinda glad we got this rather than DMC5, it was starting to get old (although 4 was still solid). This is a breath of fresh air for the franchise in my opinion.
Forget DmC, I'm glad we got Dragon's Dogma out of that. Just glad DmC seems to do a good enough job for more casual DMC players without completely missing the point like Ninja Gaiden 3 did with NG players.

I suspect it was too far out from what DMC was (similar to DMC1 and RE4), and they knew they needed some fresh new IP, with this team proven to have a solid track record of well received, well selling action games. And they probably also saw they would probably have just played it safe with future DMC games until it was truly irrelevant.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: January 22, 2013, 10:43:05 PM »

Forget DmC, I'm glad we got Dragon's Dogma out of that. Just glad DmC seems to do a good enough job for more casual DMC players without completely missing the point like Ninja Gaiden 3 did with NG players.

Can't disagree with this. Capcom needs either do this with Resident Evil, or go back to the drawing board.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 10:45:04 PM by Blace » Logged

PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: January 22, 2013, 11:45:42 PM »

Not trying to start a war here or anything, but I just got done playing the Rising demo.  Yeah, kinda think it sucks....
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: January 23, 2013, 08:06:07 AM »

from the DmC OT on NeoGAF:

"As a DMC fan, I just feel like the internet and the gaming press have been telling me that I'm not allowed to hate my new stepdad just because he isn't as cool as my real dad, and I'm an entitled cunt because there are homeless orphans in Africa.

Like, I get it, but my dad was still way cooler."

:P
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: January 23, 2013, 10:40:23 AM »

http://www.gamespot.com/news/capcom-offering-dantes-original-outfit-as-dmc-dlc-6402791

Interesting, not something I would personally download (especially since it cost money), but the addition of the Bloody Palace for free is pretty freakin' sweet. I wish the downloadable content with Vergil that I already have a code for was coming out sooner... since they said it's kind of like an expansion.

Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #353 on: January 23, 2013, 11:16:34 AM »

"As a DMC fan, I just feel like the internet and the gaming press have been telling me that I'm not allowed to hate my new stepdad just because he isn't as cool as my real dad, and I'm an entitled cunt because there are homeless orphans in Africa.

Yeah, but in this case the new stepdad is a philanthropist, takes incredible care of your mom and makes her happy, gets along well with your brothers and sisters, and isn't trying to replace your dad, he just wants to support you.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: January 23, 2013, 11:24:15 AM »

Yeah, but in this case the new stepdad is a philanthropist, takes incredible care of your mom and makes her happy, gets along well with your brothers and sisters, and isn't trying to replace your dad, he just wants to support you.

haha that's what I'm talking about!

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: January 23, 2013, 06:12:14 PM »

And deep down he's really not all that different, even if your real dad's better at certain things than your new step ded!

Also you have a stepdad because your dad went off to go kill dragons, he's not dead or anything.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #356 on: January 25, 2013, 12:28:52 AM »

I think this metaphor has gotten away from us.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: January 28, 2013, 11:51:11 AM »

Finally got to play the game as I awaited for the PC version and even though I've been loving the DMC series for a long time, and hating this game alongside the bandwagon, I gotta say, I think it's pretty good.

Mind that I only played the first 2 chapters but so far, the combat is fun, smooth, and the framerate on PC makes this game incredibly beautiful.
Sure there are some issues that are apparent from the beginning like the characters or the difficulty (a little bit too easy), but hey, if it's too easy I can play on harder difficulties, and this game has a ton of them.

In the end I see myself having way more fun than I expected. While still not as technical as DMC3 or Bayonetta, I still see it as a really good action game.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: February 02, 2013, 02:37:54 AM »

Videos:

DMC2 DMD Dante vs. The Despair Embodied
DMC4 DMD Credo (x2)
DmC Devil May Cry DMD

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: February 04, 2013, 02:01:03 PM »

DmC Devil May Cry ships 1 million copies; forecast lowered to 1.2 million -- Source: Siliconera

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: