Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 26, 2014, 02:07:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334852 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  New Devil May Cry, bitches.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] Print
Author Topic: New Devil May Cry, bitches.  (Read 50055 times)
bigdeath

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: March 19, 2013, 05:26:58 AM »

Angry Joe said it best in his review. DMC is a good beat them up game but it ruins what fans loved about the character which ultimately is why so many fans hate the game. If they had kept Dantes look and a similar attitude, this new DMC would have been a hit. Whether the combat is diluted or not would have been overlooked.

Much hate out there for whiny Emo Punks, as the new Dante is often mocked as.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: March 19, 2013, 12:40:48 PM »

^No.

They fucked up the entire universe of the series in order to grab a new audience, same with the combat system. DmC is an action game for people who aren't into more fast-paced action games or don't seem to understand and enjoy the more technical aspects of that specific genre.

The only reason why this game is called 'Devil May Cry' is to attract people to buy the game like the new Tomb Raider did, but really DmC should have been a brand new IP. Everyone loves to reboot everything these days though.

Also while I enjoy the reviews that Angry Joe does I always takes his opinion with a grain of salt.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 12:44:45 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #377 on: March 19, 2013, 01:19:51 PM »

They attempted to actually try something new as opposed to spitting out another relatively uninspired sequel that was completely underwhelming compared to DmC3. I'm plenty into the past DmC games (1 and 3 are some of the only PS2 games I still own), but by your estimation, I'm not into/don't understand/enjoy the technical aspects of that genre because I thought DmC was fantastic? I don't think so.

It's called Devil May Cry because it is the new Devil May Cry and the new Dante is Dante, much like how the new Tomb Raider is Tomb Raider and the ending to Mass Effect 3, regardless of what I or anyone else thinks, is the ending of Mass Effect 3. No amount of people bellyaching about how "the old stuff was better" or "they sold out to grab a new audience" will change that. Just ask Phantasy Star and Shining Force fans.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: March 19, 2013, 01:27:18 PM »

Opinions and points of view vary greatly from this game and what I've seen a lot is people that were never into action games (or Devil May Cry before) loving DmC.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: March 19, 2013, 02:22:12 PM »

Opinions and points of view vary greatly from this game and what I've seen a lot is people that were never into action games (or Devil May Cry before) loving DmC.

I've played them all and this game is awesome. With that said, Vergil's Downfall is so mediocre. Not worth 9 bucks at all. Hated the comic book style storytelling. It felt cheap compared to the main game and Vergil controls like ass for the first couple of missions till you unlock his better stuff. Not recommended from me at all.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: April 18, 2013, 01:36:31 PM »

Capcom: "excessive outsourcing" has resulted in a "decline in quality" -- Source: Eurogamer

Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: March 24, 2014, 05:48:33 AM »

Fishing this thread out of obscurity because I finally got around to playing it (What can I say, it was cheap and I forgot about me Capcom boycott because they haven't done anything to piss me off in a while) and I don't think theres any reason to make a new topic.
Seeing as I wasn't blown away with the direction Ninja Theory took during development, I have to give credit where credit id due, its a fun game. The fighting is fast and fluid like you would come to expect from a DMC game. You unlock just enough goodies early on to give you plenty of variety from pretty much the beginning of the game. Pacing is pretty good, and though you get quite a bit to work with after the first few missions the game still has a thing or two up its sleeve to keep the feeling of character progression alive. Cant say how well this holds up for the rest of the game, or how long the game is since I'm not entirely certain how far from the end I am. The odd part is that I'm actually enjoying the story as well, and even like the new Dante. Its got some of the crazy/badass/over the top moments elements, but its a little more coherent and the characters are a little more "believable". I wouldn't say this is better or worse than the original, just different though still keeping some key character traits in common.
Overall, so far I'm pleasantly surprised.

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: