Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 31, 2014, 07:42:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327917 Posts in 13426 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Muramasa: The Demon Blade and Odin Sphere getting HD Ports
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Muramasa: The Demon Blade and Odin Sphere getting HD Ports  (Read 1880 times)
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« on: September 15, 2010, 10:48:22 PM »

http://www.1up.com/news/report-muramasa-odin-sphere-high-definition

Two cult favorites may soon be getting high-definition ports.
1UP has heard from sources here in Japan that Vanillaware will be releasing Muramasa: The Demon Blade and Odin Sphere as downloadable ports. No word on which consoles, but it's reasonable to assume that they will appear on both PSN and Xbox Live Arcade.

Odin Sphere was originally developed as a PS2 games, while Muramasa was a Wii title. Both are known for their lush, hand-drawn visuals, which should translate well to high-definition consoles. Our sources tell us that Muramasa's assets were developed in HD first, which should make for a relatively easy port.

Treat this as a rumor for now, but we've heard from multiple sources that this is going to be happening, so keep an eye out.

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 10:53:16 PM »

Holy. FUCKING. Shit.

I never finished Odin Sphere, and I never started Muramasa. Perfect timing for me to play their superior versions.

No god damn Lag anymore on the superior consoles :)

Yesss
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 10:55:59 PM »

Better have 60 free hours if you want to finish Odin Sphere. Dang that's a LONG game.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 10:57:29 PM »

Awesome.  I'm interested in and will be buying both for sure (assuming the price is reasonable).

Wasn't Muramasa pretty difficult iirc?

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2010, 11:01:16 PM »

What's better? Muramasa or Odin Sphere?

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

OkamiGeisha

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2010, 11:12:23 PM »

I loved Muramasa.  It has a regular mode where you can take damage and heal, and a hard mode where if you take any damage, you'll die. There's a third harder mode which I didn't unlock.  The regular mode is fairly challenging.  Once you beat it the first time you still don't have access to all the swords, so getting them all will appeal to hard cores.  I never found the last two.  The stories (there are two) are among the most convoluted I've seen in a JRPG, so I guess that's saying something.  The crafting and cooking elements are pretty light and you don't need to put much into them, so it's really all about the combat.      
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 11:14:12 PM by OkamiGeisha » Logged
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2010, 11:50:49 PM »

While I truly love japanese stuff, settings and all I have to give an edge to Odin Sphere, at least in terms of story. Even though Muramasa has a better fighting system and all, Odin Sphere managed to keep me hooked more.
Even though I love them both I don't think I'll be buying Odin Sphere, as I have it for PS2 and I'm only one story away from beating all. Plus this game gets really hard so a cheating device comes handy :)

ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2010, 12:02:02 AM »

I really need to get into Odin Sphere. I still have it on my shelf begging for attention.

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2010, 01:26:10 AM »

Loved them both.

Though I must say I do feel a bit ripped off when I paid the full price for the originals.

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2010, 10:38:18 AM »

I really need to get into Odin Sphere. I still have it on my shelf begging for attention.

Depending on the port's quality you may want to hold off on that since not having to put up the atrocious slowdown on the PS2 alone pretty much remakes the game (since the slowdown was THAT bad).

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2010, 10:55:23 AM »

I really loved both games (covered them too!) Great to see they are getting HD ports.

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
dyeager
RPGFan Editor

Code Monkey Like Fritos

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2010, 11:55:33 AM »

Loved them both.

Though I must say I do feel a bit ripped off when I paid the full price for the originals.

I loved Odin Sphere right up until I couldn't get any further. Crap that game was hard. For me. I really wasn't that good at it.
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2010, 12:00:05 PM »

Muramasa's the better game, Odin Sphere has the better story. It's brilliant.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2010, 01:28:14 PM »

Holy. FUCKING. Shit.

I never finished Odin Sphere, and I never started Muramasa. Perfect timing for me to play their superior versions.

No god damn Lag anymore on the superior consoles :)

Yesss

Exactly the same for me. Every word of it.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Madoka

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2010, 05:32:00 PM »

I loved Odin Sphere right up until I couldn't get any further. Crap that game was hard. For me. I really wasn't that good at it.
Same here; I stopped at the second to last boss in the final book as I just couldn't do it. I wasn't that good at it either. I wonder if you will be able to import PS2 saves?
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: