Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2014, 06:41:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332825 Posts in 13638 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Disgaea 4 Announced and Trailer
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Disgaea 4 Announced and Trailer  (Read 4440 times)
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« on: September 17, 2010, 04:18:01 AM »

http://ja.justin.tv/suika_kun/b/270199245?

Trailer ends abruptly at 1:36, not 8 mins.

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 05:03:56 AM »

Glad to see the graphics are a little better.

But otherwise it just looks like more of the same. A desperate attempt to make some money back off a few failed titles. Disgaea is losing it's charm for me. I really enjoyed the first (Etna, Lahral and Flonne were a great, and unique cast). Two had much improved gameplay, but was weaker otherwise. 3 was just a complete rehash with atrocious graphics.

I'll probably skip this one.

Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2010, 05:46:23 AM »

It makes me wonder if that type of isometric 2d sprites on 3d backdrop could be done any better.
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2010, 05:55:51 AM »

Disgaea 3 | Disgaea 4

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2010, 06:42:06 AM »

Sweet. Looks hand-drawn.
Danku

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2010, 08:07:39 AM »

I am happy about Disgaea 4. The graphics have a much needed improvement and fit the type of game perfectly. My only major concern with the Disgaea series were the graphics and grind heavy gameplay after the main story and they seem to have one of those problems fixed. I just hope they add more classes this time around.

But it's good to see that there will still be a SRPG left on a next gen console to look forward too.
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2010, 11:50:53 AM »

The story is about Valbatose, a vampire who is leading a coup d'état in the Netherworld. Disgaea 4 has a huge evolution in graphics and an online mode. Perhaps, and this is total speculation, for a versus mode.

Looks great to me, especially the gameplay updates.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2010, 12:30:21 PM »

Unless they have seriously reworked the game I don't see how a versus mode could be any good.  Disgaea has never been balanced.

I honestly preferred Disgaea 2's story to Disgaea 1, but I seem to be in the minority there.  Etna, Laharl, and Flonne were fun at first but they were all very shallow characters.

One of these days I have to actually play Disgaea 3 (which I already own...).

cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2010, 12:35:36 PM »

You're not alone, I also prefer D2's story. Best ending in the series.

Since it's, you know, happy.

D3 is decent so far. I like the characters, but it's nothing amazing.

Gameplay is just more of the same, with some classroom updates.

Raspberyl is the best.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
sandiny0ursh0es

sandiny0ursh0es
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2010, 05:01:20 PM »

Might as well ask here since it's a Disgaea thread, which is the superior version of Disgaea 1: PS2? PSP? DS? I've been meaning to get into this series for forever since I loved FFT. I've played La Pucelle and enjoyed that enough to beat it.

Jonathan Ingram
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2010, 05:12:58 PM »

Might as well ask here since it's a Disgaea thread, which is the superior version of Disgaea 1: PS2? PSP? DS? I've been meaning to get into this series for forever since I loved FFT. I've played La Pucelle and enjoyed that enough to beat it.

The PSP one. It looks great on the PSP`s screen and has some new features over the PS2 version. The DS version is the worst, obviously. Disgaea may not be the most technically proficient game ever, but it`s still way above what the DS could handle.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2010, 05:16:21 PM »

Unless they have seriously reworked the game I don't see how a versus mode could be any good.  Disgaea has never been balanced.

3 was a step in the right direction as far as balance goes, but personally I'm not against some classes being flat out better than others.  Not interested in a versus mode, but fans have been asking for it on boards I've seen.

Graphics look decent.  At least they aren't laughable anymore.  There is room for improvement, but Hoshino's picture satisfies me.

I am happy about Disgaea 4. The graphics have a much needed improvement and fit the type of game perfectly. My only major concern with the Disgaea series were the graphics and grind heavy gameplay after the main story and they seem to have one of those problems fixed. I just hope they add more classes this time around.

But it's good to see that there will still be a SRPG left on a next gen console to look forward too.

It'll still be grind heavy after the main story.  I'd be very surprised if it wasn't.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2010, 06:38:48 PM »

The PSP one. It looks great on the PSP`s screen and has some new features over the PS2 version. The DS version is the worst, obviously. Disgaea may not be the most technically proficient game ever, but it`s still way above what the DS could handle.

Seconded. Even owning the original Disgaea I still bought the PSP version for Etna mode alone. Can't go wrong with it.
Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2010, 08:32:56 PM »

As soon as they announce its coming to the West,I will pre-order

Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2010, 10:32:18 PM »

Is it worth playing the first 2-3 games?
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: