Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 31, 2014, 03:27:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327871 Posts in 13423 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  The "Fucking JRPGs" Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Print
Author Topic: The "Fucking JRPGs" Thread  (Read 11344 times)
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: September 19, 2010, 12:31:35 AM »

Do we have to bring up the laughing scene *again*?

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Danku

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: September 19, 2010, 12:50:51 AM »

This is what we call a cop out and a little bit of ad hominem. You can't come up with a real argument so you simply imply that you are an adult and the other person is a child so you must be right and they must be wrong. What's ironic (or maybe it isn't unexpected at all) is that you do this with a pokemon as your avatar.
I already gave my reasons for not liking JRPGs. JRPG stories and characters don't appeal to me now that I'm older. I wasn't calling anyone a child, I clearly said that their opinions are clouded by nostalgia.

You seem to be the person not coming up with an argument and nitpicking what I wrote at the what, the beginning of the thread?

And Growlith is fucking awesome, maybe I should have avatar that depicts a spreadsheet to seem more grown up though.
Fucking moron.

I said you were implying it. There's a difference. Whether that implication was intentional on your part or not isn't relevant. It is there.

It's perfectly fine if as you grow older your tastes change. However just because yours do doesn't mean others should follow suit or that they are wrong for not doing so.

You can have whatever avatar you want. I just think you should hold your tongue about people still liking JRPGs that came out when they were a teenager and that you've somehow grown beyond that when your avatar is from a JRPG that came out when you were a teenager (or depending on your age, even before that). It makes you look like a hypocrite.
You have yet to contribute anything to this thread. Stop riding me and try and share your opinion on what people have been talking about ir you know, about JRPGs. You seem to want an e-argument because I stated my opinion. Fuck off.

To LordScottish: No one is saying people who enjoy JRPGs should be burned at the stake. You can enjoy whatever you want, but I think the question you should ask yourself is why exactly do you enjoy JRPGs. I asked myself that question a while back and I couldn't get many solid reasons.
To say "OMG BUT DEMON SOULS GUD U NO LIKE JRPGS???" is dumb. Demon Souls isn't a traditional JRPG, its more of a action game. I'm sorry to offend anyone, but besides a handful of recent games, traditional JRPGs have not been good.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: September 19, 2010, 02:04:26 AM »

Whatever, just another thread to be ignored. This used to be a great forum.

Pretty much this.  A thousand times.

Sorry, I thought this was the "The Fucking JRPGs" Thread".

I'd suggest renaming the site to FuckingJRPGs, but I think it would attract the wrong kind of material.

Quoted for new page.

Also because its true.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
PotRoast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: September 19, 2010, 12:54:07 PM »

I said you were implying it. There's a difference. Whether that implication was intentional on your part or not isn't relevant. It is there.

It's perfectly fine if as you grow older your tastes change. However just because yours do doesn't mean others should follow suit or that they are wrong for not doing so.

You can have whatever avatar you want. I just think you should hold your tongue about people still liking JRPGs that came out when they were a teenager and that you've somehow grown beyond that when your avatar is from a JRPG that came out when you were a teenager (or depending on your age, even before that). It makes you look like a hypocrite.
You have yet to contribute anything to this thread. Stop riding me and try and share your opinion on what people have been talking about ir you know, about JRPGs. You seem to want an e-argument because I stated my opinion. Fuck off.

My opinion has been better said by other forum members (e.g. Kevadu). When that happens, I don't bother posting with a detailed response. However I've still shared some of it with you, if you'd just open your eyes (mind?) and pay attention. Oh, and I'll stop "riding" you when you stop digging yourself deeper into the hole you're in.
supersonic
Prefers JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: September 19, 2010, 02:22:47 PM »

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn

are you guys still talking about this JRPG vs WRPG shit? Seriously, get a life.
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: September 19, 2010, 02:34:41 PM »

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn

Are you talking about them talking about this JRPG vs WRPG shit? Seriously, you don't have to click on the thread.
Danku

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: September 19, 2010, 02:59:04 PM »

Tales of Abyss had good voice acting, but if there ever was a character I wanted to strangle to death it had to be Mieu.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7SI1fn68IA&feature=related
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: September 19, 2010, 03:26:06 PM »

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn

Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: September 19, 2010, 03:51:10 PM »

^lmao
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: September 19, 2010, 04:06:45 PM »

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn

Are you talking about them talking about this JRPG vs WRPG shit? Seriously, you don't have to click on the thread.

true but we've also had an excess of threads this last few months that devolve into this instead of a megathread

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: September 19, 2010, 04:59:45 PM »

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn

true but we've also had an excess of threads this last few months that devolve into this instead of a megathread

I just wanted funny JRPG videos okay
Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: September 19, 2010, 06:23:56 PM »

I'm surprised no one mentioned the awful conversations in Ar Tolenico 2.

I felt sexually violated hearing the script and not in the good way

I still fail to see how AT2 was that bad. IMO, the original Ar Tonelico still holds that honor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoODv8LVib8

First time I played through the game I went Aurica's route...dear lord I have never been so glad that RPGs are typically single-player games...

Crap.I think you are right.

"Apply the life extending agent to her back and insert it all the way" :S

"Hurry up, but be gentle."

"Its ok,push it all the way"

Just shoot me please :(

Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: September 19, 2010, 06:40:20 PM »

I just wanted funny JRPG videos okay

Can't go wrong with Farleen (SO3 character ending yaddiya spoilorific)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5XOerPxqHU

Fayt is such a girl in this ending.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: September 19, 2010, 07:09:36 PM »

I have more of a life because I talk about people talking about games instead of actually talking about games. I'm so badass.

Lord Scottish

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: September 19, 2010, 08:03:03 PM »

To LordScottish: No one is saying people who enjoy JRPGs should be burned at the stake. You can enjoy whatever you want, but I think the question you should ask yourself is why exactly do you enjoy JRPGs. I asked myself that question a while back and I couldn't get many solid reasons.

Um, I think you're addressing the dude who posted after me. All I said was that this whole WRPG vs JRPG thing is getting old. I don't want to be associated with some of the whinier people in this thread.

Anyway, TOAST!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: