Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 28, 2014, 06:40:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327566 Posts in 13411 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  The "Fucking JRPGs" Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Print
Author Topic: The "Fucking JRPGs" Thread  (Read 11318 times)
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: September 19, 2010, 09:00:36 PM »

Do you like me?
[Yes]
[No]
[Uguuu]
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: September 19, 2010, 09:21:22 PM »

That looks like something lost in translation, completely.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: September 19, 2010, 09:44:40 PM »

I have more of a life because I talk about people talking about games instead of actually talking about games. I'm so badass.

This shit of "I have a bigger penis because I have a life" is so pathetic.

traditional JRPGs have not been good.

*High five*
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: September 20, 2010, 03:14:48 AM »

I just wanted funny JRPG videos okay

Can't go wrong with Farleen (SO3 character ending yaddiya spoilorific)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5XOerPxqHU

Fayt is such a girl in this ending.

Amazing! She sounds even worse than the first time I heard her.
Danku

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: September 20, 2010, 04:28:20 AM »

To LordScottish: No one is saying people who enjoy JRPGs should be burned at the stake. You can enjoy whatever you want, but I think the question you should ask yourself is why exactly do you enjoy JRPGs. I asked myself that question a while back and I couldn't get many solid reasons.

Um, I think you're addressing the dude who posted after me. All I said was that this whole WRPG vs JRPG thing is getting old. I don't want to be associated with some of the whinier people in this thread.

Anyway, TOAST!
My bad!
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: September 20, 2010, 05:36:34 PM »

This trailer is a focus on how awesome JRPGs can be.

Too bad it led to the most disappointing Final Fantasy of all time (Before FF13 came out)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1111801270607157785&hl=en#

I uploaded this video years ago @_@ that's how hyped I was for the game. Fran sounds so badass in Japanese.

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: September 20, 2010, 08:00:22 PM »

Hey.  Some of us enjoyed 12 =P

Not to say it couldn't have been better, but I did like it.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Lucca
AMG A GIRL

SUGAR PEAS!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: September 20, 2010, 08:01:36 PM »

Oh well, you could have really bad voice acting, or you could have voice acting with a main character on speed.

BAM WE HAVE A FOREST!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rNCbEtB1YU

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: September 20, 2010, 08:04:30 PM »

Oh well, you could have really bad voice acting, or you could have voice acting with a main character on speed.

BAM WE HAVE A FOREST!

I have never wished for an option to turn the voices off more. As I said in the Game Journal, makes me miss Silent Protagonists.

Though, that being said. I got a few chuckles playing Suikoden 4, when people ask the main character questions and he just stares at them, or mimes an answer. It was so ridiculous.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: September 20, 2010, 08:21:09 PM »

BAM WE HAVE A FOREST!

Sounds like a 4kids cartoon
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: September 20, 2010, 10:30:11 PM »

This trailer is a focus on how awesome JRPGs can be.

Too bad it led to the most disappointing Final Fantasy of all time (Before FF13 came out)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1111801270607157785&hl=en#

I uploaded this video years ago @_@ that's how hyped I was for the game. Fran sounds so badass in Japanese.

XII had the opportunity to be the best Final Fantasy in the franchise. But then Matsuno got sick, Wada appears talking more nonsense than Inafune and Square Enix forget how to make decent games... after that, it started the time of remakes and spin-offs.

Good times!
Danku

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: September 21, 2010, 07:20:23 AM »

Final Fantasy 12 would have been my much better if Basch was the main character and fleshed out a bit more. Instead we get some crappy Sky Pirate in training that doesn't even see airship until the end of the game. I swear, Vann or whatever was such a useless fucking character. He had no purpose in the entire game. He was the only one not connected to events of the story in any way, besides being there of course.
PotRoast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: September 21, 2010, 08:21:30 AM »

As flawed as XII is, definitely one of my favorite FFs. I have no doubt that if Matsuno had stayed in the lead we would have received a better game. However, I still think the idea of having Vaan is the point of view for the story could have been a very good one. Sure it hurts the power fantasy of players who want to be the big bad knight, but if they had actually played up the uselessness of Vaan could have been very interesting. Imagine playing FF4 from the perspective Edward except you're not as big of a sissy. I actually think that sounds pretty cool.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: September 21, 2010, 10:29:16 AM »

Final Fantasy 12 would have been my much better if Basch was the main character and fleshed out a bit more. Instead we get some crappy Sky Pirate in training that doesn't even see airship until the end of the game. I swear, Vann or whatever was such a useless fucking character. He had no purpose in the entire game. He was the only one not connected to events of the story in any way, besides being there of course.

Lately, a lot of FF leads have been fucking useless.

FFVII - tough act went on too long for someone we see drooling all over himself in a wheelchair later...that, and I think the movie showed him off as more of an emo-japanese teenager more than we'd have though he was like... AND WHAT THE FUCK.  TIFA WANTS TO HAVE LIKE NINETY OF HIS BABIES.  GET OVER AERIS, SHE WASN'T THAT GREAT.

FFVIII - lol; the actual emo king himself who told everyone to fuck-off under his breath.  Rinoa probably puts out, so he tagged along eventually.

FFIX - the exception; he is a happy lead!  Though, I think his hair had more gel in it than humanly possible.... oh, and this...

FFX - not going into the laughing; I'm pretty sure if you gave him pointy ears and faerie wings, he'd fit in with Tinker Bell as a happy and merry pixie.  I think he's a retard, and puts the name Tidus (thinking of Shakespeare's Titus) to shame.... he'd be one of the sons served as dinner (again, Titus reference).  Yuna could do better to go chasing after him like that....

FFXII - Tidus II.  Looks almost exactly like him; his hair do screams male host, and he is generally useless to the overall plot.  I think his shouting over town was one of the most stupidest, waste of time's ever - and it left a bad precedence for the rest of the game to me.  Fucken Fran would have been a better lead. Minor complain; I hated how his nipples were kinda just..skin toned...I thought that was creepier than real nipples.  His nipples look like bruises.  And, I don't mean no offence, but he seriously looks like a homosexual... maybe he is one; or just hates Panelo.

FFXIII - Lightning is cool and all; but much like Cloud, whom Nomura shamelessly admitted she was a female version of, keeps the attitude too long.  I don't know what Hope saw in her, I'd have called her a bitch ages ago.  Serah suffers the "idiot younger sister" complex, marrying a (albeit handsome) gorilla in guerrilla warfare, and whining and playing the "I pray for the future type".  Japan seems to have a thing for the girls who clasp their hands together in prayer look.  Aeris pulls it before she dies, and so do a lot of JRPG chicks.  I love how Lightning looks, and I think she does have an air of cool about her - but it gets old really fast when we get the 1-dimensional side of her til we finally see her "warm up" on Pulse.  At least Terra and Celes were somewhat feminine and lovely.  Minor complain - but her hair also defies physics (she was on a fucken train in one FMV, and her hair looked like it was caught in a 'light breeze'...it's okay, Squeenix, if her hair is ruffled a bit; she still has a pretty face!)

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: September 21, 2010, 10:37:39 AM »

As flawed as XII is, definitely one of my favorite FFs. I have no doubt that if Matsuno had stayed in the lead we would have received a better game. However, I still think the idea of having Vaan is the point of view for the story could have been a very good one. Sure it hurts the power fantasy of players who want to be the big bad knight, but if they had actually played up the uselessness of Vaan could have been very interesting. Imagine playing FF4 from the perspective Edward except you're not as big of a sissy. I actually think that sounds pretty cool.

That sounds fucking awful. Never say that again.

I'm sick to death with the incompetent hero thing. I want a hero who kicks ass, takes names and still manages to be a nice guy in the end.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: