Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 28, 2014, 12:34:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327543 Posts in 13410 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  the new fire emblem game...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: the new fire emblem game...  (Read 2586 times)
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2010, 06:43:44 PM »

I'm just pissed that they skipped FE2 ("Fire Emblem Gaiden" for NES) in their remaking scheme.

That's the only FE I've beaten, and frankly I thought it was fantastic.

Seeing as FE1 and FE3 are related (FE3 is a remake of AND a 'sequel' to FE1), it made sense to do this one first (FEDS2). It's hard to go by that and guess whether FE2 (or even 4, or 5 - the other SFC games) would get a remake. I mean, I never played it but FE2 seems the least popular by far so I'm.. not hopeful for a remake. :P

I'd be eternally happy to get a remake or even ports of 4 and 5 however.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2010, 08:22:28 PM »

i just wish my unit choices werent so strict. i mean there a female general but you cant make a female my unit knight. also whats with no female hunters? Sue was one of my favorites in FE6. then again FE6 shatters typical FE gender roles. having a female hero,knight,and shaman. also female my unit mage sucks. i kept getting str instead of mag. i have only had good success with female my unit archer and myrmidon. oh well i will forget all about fire emblem for a while when super robot wars L comes out.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 08:26:27 PM by Alisha » Logged

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2010, 10:35:19 PM »

I'm just pissed that they skipped FE2 ("Fire Emblem Gaiden" for NES) in their remaking scheme.

That's the only FE I've beaten, and frankly I thought it was fantastic.

Seeing as FE1 and FE3 are related (FE3 is a remake of AND a 'sequel' to FE1), it made sense to do this one first (FEDS2). It's hard to go by that and guess whether FE2 (or even 4, or 5 - the other SFC games) would get a remake. I mean, I never played it but FE2 seems the least popular by far so I'm.. not hopeful for a remake. :P

I'd be eternally happy to get a remake or even ports of 4 and 5 however.

It should be noted that FE2 is also related to FEs 1 & 3 albeit tangentially. Different place with a different conflict and different characters save for the Peg Sisters and a Not-Camus. FE2 is a lot like FE8 but towns are done in a Shining Force style rather than menu driven affairs. Similarly related is the Tear Ring Saga but that's an entirely different kettle of fish altogether.

At least we're getting BSFE out of FEDS2.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2010, 06:50:41 PM »

yeah and all you have to do to unlock it is beat the prolouge.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
mjrpgfan

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2010, 01:38:12 PM »

I've posted my review of FE:Heroes of Light and Shadow.  Check it out here:http://www.tbstactics.com/2010/12/fire-emblem-heroes-of-light-and-shadow.html.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2010, 02:53:53 PM »

I might actually get this one if they release it in the states. That casual mode sounds tempting.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2010, 04:30:50 PM »

I've posted my review of FE:Heroes of Light and Shadow.  Check it out here:http://www.tbstactics.com/2010/12/fire-emblem-heroes-of-light-and-shadow.html.

Shadow Dragon: The Fire Emblem game for people who don't care about flavor at all!

I might actually get this one if they release it in the states. That casual mode sounds tempting.

Dude, character death comes up so infrequently in Fire Emble that it's not worth all the worry you give it, assuming you don't just blindly make a bunch of boneheaded mistakes all the time or play on the Maniac difficulties.  Just play the games, they're incredibly good.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2010, 04:38:19 PM »

Shadow Dragon: The Fire Emblem game for people who don't care about flavor at all!

Dude, character death comes up so infrequently in Fire Emble that it's not worth all the worry you give it, assuming you don't just blindly make a bunch of boneheaded mistakes all the time or play on the Maniac difficulties.  Just play the games, they're incredibly good.

I can't beat a map without someone dying. Not just in Fire Emblem, but any strategy game. So casual mode is good for me, at least until I learn to stop getting pawns killed.

And don't think I haven't tried them. I played Fire Emblem, I couldn't get past stage 6. I couldn't even get past stage two in Sacred Swords, and I had to restart Shadow Dragon on easy(Normal?), only to get bored during the tutorial. I'm just not very good at them, and I don't have enough patience to restart a zillion times until people stop dying.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 04:53:09 PM by Mickeymac92 » Logged

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2010, 06:04:23 PM »

What are you doing, just charging ahead willy-nilly into the middle of combat?  That's the only conceivable way I could see getting killed on any of those games that early.  Lure the enemies to YOU, not the other way around, dude.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2010, 06:14:20 PM »

Lure the enemies to YOU, not the other way around, dude.

How do I do that?

Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2010, 06:25:52 PM »

Place one of your more powerful units just barely inside (or even outside) the enemies' movement range and have some of your other units just outside enemy range. After they all come forward to attack that spearhead unit, decimate them on your next turn. And, obviously, just be sure you're not using a mage as your spearhead unit when the enemies have weapon based attacks and vice versa. When possible be sure to put your spearhead unit on a cell with terrain bonuses like fortresses, forests, etc.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2010, 06:28:38 PM »

Place one of your more powerful units just barely inside (or even outside) the enemies' movement range and have some of your other units just outside enemy range. After they all come forward to attack that spearhead unit, decimate them on your next turn. And, obviously, just be sure you're not using a mage as your spearhead unit when the enemies have weapon based attacks and vice versa. When possible be sure to put your spearhead unit on a cell with terrain bonuses like fortresses, forests, etc.

Oh cool, I think I've done that before but didn't know it. But seriously, thanks for the time, I'll try to remember that the next time I play.

mjrpgfan

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2010, 06:38:13 PM »

Are you referencing the fact that I compare this new FE to Shadow Dragon a lot?  I admit it's much improved, but I still think Shadow Dragon is a decent tactics game for diehard tactics fans.
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2010, 10:04:12 PM »

Oh cool, I think I've done that before but didn't know it. But seriously, thanks for the time, I'll try to remember that the next time I play.

No problem. Just remember in Fire Emblem you aren't competing against the superior tactics of the A.I. as the A.I. is in fact quite stupid. Rather you're usually competing against being outnumbered, in the dark, distance attacks, beginning at a tactically disadvantageous location, and etc.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2010, 10:12:56 PM »

No problem. Just remember in Fire Emblem you aren't competing against the superior tactics of the A.I. as the A.I. is in fact quite stupid. Rather you're usually competing against being outnumbered, in the dark, distance attacks, beginning at a tactically disadvantageous location, and etc.

Cool. I was beginning to overthink it when I went through some scenarios in my head. I'll try it out tomorrow on Shadow Dragon.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: