Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2014, 12:17:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332727 Posts in 13632 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Bill Gates, so evil!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Bill Gates, so evil!  (Read 1609 times)
Dios GX
Banninated

dios@hidoshi.com GSaviourPrime
View Profile

Ignore
« on: July 24, 2006, 05:22:14 AM »

That's why he gives nearly $300,000,000 (three-hundred million) to speed the vaccination research for aids.

The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation announced Wednesday it's awarding $287 million in grants over five years to create an international network of scientists to speed up the development of an AIDS vaccine.

Link.

Why do people continuously make audacious claims that the Gates' are such horrible scheming faceless people hiding behind the mask of an invincible corporation? Give me a break.
Dave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 09:05:54 AM »

THANK YOU!

It's about time I wasn't the only person defending him. During party conversation, I've gotten into really harsh arguments with complete morons who think he's evil simply because he's rich.

Don't get me wrong -- Microsoft isn't free of corruption, and he has some blame to share I'm sure. But the guy and his company have been more of a benefit to society than a burden. Hell, in Microsoft Windows, they have successfuly set the bar (in the software business) for exactly what to strive for and what to avoid at all costs, simultaneously. :P

But yeah, Bill and Melinda, along with Warren Buffet and a few others, are 100% awesome when it comes to where they put their millions

Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2006, 12:30:48 PM »

I have so much respect for that guy. I'm also incredibly sick of people saying how evil he is, when he gives so much money towards such important areas. People need to stop being dicks, and make the effort to do some research and form their own opinion, not just take on what the people en masse say like a bloody sponge.

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
Angelo
Sephiroth's Girlfriend

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2006, 01:08:34 PM »

Funny, I don't recall reading a single article or blog post in the last few years calling out Bill specifically for lacking a conscience.  Are they all in the Xbox forums or something?

Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2006, 01:18:25 PM »

I've heard it quite frequently from people here in Utah. Unfortunately most of these people talk trash about Bill Gates I've observed are fairly two-faced. I remember one such person I've heard talking about the ills of rich people yet the same person threw a fit when a family of African-Americans moved into their neighborhood.

I seriously can't stand living in Happy Valley, USA sometimes.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2006, 02:42:49 PM »

Agreed.

I'm not a big fan of Microsoft as a company/corporation, but Bill Gates seems like a genuinely decent guy.  Add that to the fact that he's soon going to be giving away a lot of his money just goes to show that he (appears) different than most people with money.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Dios GX
Banninated

dios@hidoshi.com GSaviourPrime
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2006, 03:36:14 PM »

Quote from: "Angelo"
Funny, I don't recall reading a single article or blog post in the last few years calling out Bill specifically for lacking a conscience.  Are they all in the Xbox forums or something?

It's not just on the internet, though I do see it often. What do you read every single myspace page and LJ entry from around the globe? :P
beans
Cool Hand

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2006, 05:10:41 PM »

People bash gates usually out of jealousy, pure and simple.

People bash Microsoft because it's a "greedy evil monopoly'  then go back to praising Sony and Nintendo... who, last I checked have both done the same things.

Gates has always given very generously with his wealth...

Plenty of Actors, Athletes and Musicians don't give cent 1...  but rarely do they get tore apart by people like Bill Gates gets.

Still trying to shoot the damn dog in Duck Hunt.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: