Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 22, 2014, 07:21:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327140 Posts in 13390 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Nintendo 3DS - Feb 26 - Y25,000/$260-$300, Megaman Legends 3 for 3DS also
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Print
Author Topic: Nintendo 3DS - Feb 26 - Y25,000/$260-$300, Megaman Legends 3 for 3DS also  (Read 8007 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: January 08, 2011, 11:40:23 AM »

Battery life:

3.5 hrs to charge. 3-5 hrs 3ds, 5-8 hrs ds games

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/hardware/spec/index.html

That's pretty terrible.

Still better than the PSP.=P

I agree, the PSP is turd for battery life (I keep it charged in too more often than not).

But, c'mon, really?  You didn't think a "3D" effect would sap away battery life??
Just wait for a new 3DS version, the "lite" ver. or whatever.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: January 08, 2011, 12:56:32 PM »

Dicelite

I really want this system to be awesome. If I try it at a store and think it's awesome, I'm going to get it.

Battery life isn't a huge deal for me because the most I'd play it in a day is 1-2 hours. Of course if I'm not happy w/ the US launch titles or such.

Maybe I'll just get a PS3.

shruglife
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: January 08, 2011, 02:27:54 PM »

I wonder how long someone can play a 3DS without their eyes getting tired anyway, though the virtual boy never gave me a problem.  Magic eyes are easy for me too, so I'd like to think my eyes are good for 3D, so maybe the short battery life will be problematic from time to time

Focusing on my DSi when I go to bed knocks me right out... I can only imagine the added strain of 3D. 

Ugh, I DO use my DSi as an mp4 player for my car though, as well as a camera and internet browser (when guests are using my computer).  The battery life might force the 3DS strictly into the realm of gaming device.

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: January 08, 2011, 05:14:19 PM »

I think the 3-5 hours they're estimating is with everything on the 3DS turned up to max. The 3D effect, the volume, the brightness,WI-Fi turned etc. Everyone is overreacting about this; bad mouthing Nintendo, saying they won't get a 3DS now. Blah blah blah. The average battery life will probably end up being around 8 hours if don't have all that stuff maxed out and turned on.

"Oh, a hunter..."
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: January 08, 2011, 05:48:33 PM »

They say you shouldn't play more than 30 minutes with 3D on so that's more than enough batery life...

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: January 09, 2011, 01:14:11 AM »

Well, these estimates are always off, so I'm taking the info with a grain of salt or two.  But even still, if it is true, one of the things I ALWAYS count on with a Nintendo handheld is that the battery life will be fantastic, and this is making me a little wary.  I didn't buy a PSP until they increased the battery life, and if there are similar limitations on a 3DS I might have a reason to delay picking one up.

Ever since Nintendo hit it off with the Wii and the DS, it feels like they're getting arrogant.  But maybe it's just me.
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: January 09, 2011, 05:03:52 PM »

Ever since Nintendo hit it off with the Wii and the DS, it feels like they're getting arrogant.  But maybe it's just me.

No, it isn't just you. They have been the last few years, but that always seems to happen when a console developer beats out the competition. Nintendo was extremely arrogant after the successes of the NES and SNES and made bad developmental and business decisions with the N64 (i.e. sticking with cartridges rather than updating to discs, the fallout with Squaresoft, inability to attract other 3rd party developers to their system, and so on). When Sony was on top after the PS and PS2 they made similar mistakes as Nintendo and the N64 with the PS3 prior to and after its initial launch.

I'm not skeptical about the 3D effect at all, a little concerned about the battery life, and a lot concerned about the price tag. I guess we'll see what happens. If it does end up at $300 at release all I can say is they better have a lot of fantastic games coming in its first year to convince me to buy it.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: January 10, 2011, 11:41:59 AM »

LOL if this is true...

http://kotaku.com/5729319/arent-you-a-little-short-for-a-3ds-cable/gallery/

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: January 10, 2011, 03:57:42 PM »

Sweet Jesus, for a system that has the pathetic battery life it already does, no way I wanna spend it huddled by an electric outlet to play a title. =(
Hope it's longer or we get one helluva "suspend game" thing built in.

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 10, 2011, 04:07:55 PM »

It's a mockup. They don't even know for sure that that's the length of the cable. Way to make a story over nothing, Kotaku.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: January 10, 2011, 04:12:11 PM »

Resident evil revelations looks great, I hope they port it to the PS3 eventually.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: January 10, 2011, 04:12:43 PM »

It's a mockup. They don't even know for sure that that's the length of the cable. Way to make a story over nothing, Kotaku.

Isn't that what Kotaku always does?  They are the gaming equivalent of a tabloid.

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: January 10, 2011, 04:14:58 PM »

Isn't that what Kotaku always does?  They are the gaming equivalent of a tabloid.

I usually like them for being quick on the uptake though.

Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: January 10, 2011, 04:16:07 PM »

Sweet Jesus, for a system that has the pathetic battery life it already does, no way I wanna spend it huddled by an electric outlet to play a title. =(
Hope it's longer or we get one helluva "suspend game" thing built in.

That battery life isn't going to be 3-5 hours. I guarantee you that was what the battery life was when they tested it with wi-fi on, max brightness, max volume and 3D on full.

"Oh, a hunter..."
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 10, 2011, 04:18:05 PM »

Exactly what I said to a friend a few months ago. I don't read the site although I like the shop contests.

But stories like this are just really annoying.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: