Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 09:29:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319702 Posts in 13046 Topics by 2147 Members
Latest Member: TacoBell_Lord
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  New "The Last Story" images and details. Jan 27 release in JPN!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: New "The Last Story" images and details. Jan 27 release in JPN!  (Read 3277 times)
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« on: September 30, 2010, 02:01:56 AM »

Via [NeoGaf]

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=408750

That is one sweet looking Wii game! I really hope this game is both good and gets localized. I've enjoyed all the Mistwalker console offerings so far personally.

The art is fucking great too!

Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 02:17:22 AM »

sweet looking Wii game

oxymoron
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 02:35:57 AM »

Still no word on this OR Xenoblade? :(

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 03:05:40 AM »

Sadly, no. And at this point I think that Xenoblade is going to end like Fatal Frame IV.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2010, 03:30:25 AM »

Sadly, no. And at this point I think that Xenoblade is going to end like Fatal Frame IV.

I doubt that Xenoblade will end up that buggy.

In a related note a new Fatal Frame was announced for the Wii.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2010, 08:16:56 PM »

Part of the reason I bought a Wii was for Xenoblade and Last Story - so if they don't get localised, I'll be pissed.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
MindCandy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2010, 09:40:49 PM »

Part of the reason I bought a Wii was for Xenoblade and Last Story - so if they don't get localised, I'll be pissed.

What he said, only angrier.

Is it just me, or did the big N really give us the shaft this gen.

Currently playing:
Xbox 360 - NIER
Wii - Metroid Prime 2: Echos (trilogy version)
PSP - Disgaea
DS - SMT: Devil Survivor
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2010, 10:15:39 PM »

I haven't bought a Wii yet and my purchase of one is basically contingent on the localization of these two games.

We'll see.

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2010, 12:26:02 AM »

What he said, only angrier.

Is it just me, or did the big N really give us the shaft this gen.
I don't think they can hear us over the sound of all that money.

insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2010, 12:53:36 AM »

you should buy it once they does get localized and maybe you could've saved money that way, from a potential price drop.

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2010, 02:57:41 AM »

sweet looking Wii game

oxymoron

I lol'd.

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
xXMelancholiaXx

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2010, 03:52:24 PM »

you should buy it once they does get localized and maybe you could've saved money that way, from a potential price drop.
That's what I plan to do. There are a few games on the system that I think look interesting but I don't see any real reason to get it yet.

Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2010, 05:14:14 PM »

I got mine in Japan because there compared to Brazil (where I live) it's so much cheaper, about less than half the price.
I bought mine because I'm interested in some survival horros and some RPGs but I ended up surprised that Mario Galaxy 2 and New Super Mario Wii ended up being awesome.

I thought I was going to play Tales of Graces on it, now I think the PS3 version has a much bigger chance of being localized.

About The Last Story, who's the publisher for it ? Maybe if we know we can guess better if it's coming or not. I don't think we should lose our hopes so quickly as a lot of RPGs seem to need to release in Japan before ever being announced here.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2010, 05:23:29 PM »

I don't really recall either game have extraordinary sales; it's bad enough anime-styled games are becoming a harder sell over here given a history of shitty games (remember that one dry spell we had of serious JRPGs?  A lot of them were kinda make-your-own-adventure, all over the place settings, literally retarded characters, and a lack of continuity without much of a down-to-earth story...maybe I'm just citing Cross-Edge and Trinity Universe, Class of Heroes, and other "greatest shits")....

I'd hope this game to breaks the spell; but it seems only a few are really doing it right.
But even Xenoblade had the "wide" and "diverse" anime cast in it of typical JRPG teenaged dick-weed who goes in head-first and seems to wield a blade better than anyone else on the planet.  Followed by one nice girl, the other a hot one, and some muscle man.

Shit, sorry, didn't mean to jump on the "I haet JRPGz" bandwagon... I do like them...when they're not stale.  Maybe that's why it was so easy to look passed Nier's faults.  Sure the game had a few kinks in gameplay, but the world and cast sure as hell were fresh.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
MindCandy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2010, 08:55:39 PM »

I don't really recall either game have extraordinary sales; it's bad enough anime-styled games are becoming a harder sell over here given a history of shitty games (remember that one dry spell we had of serious JRPGs?  A lot of them were kinda make-your-own-adventure, all over the place settings, literally retarded characters, and a lack of continuity without much of a down-to-earth story...maybe I'm just citing Cross-Edge and Trinity Universe, Class of Heroes, and other "greatest shits")....

I'd hope this game to breaks the spell; but it seems only a few are really doing it right.
But even Xenoblade had the "wide" and "diverse" anime cast in it of typical JRPG teenaged dick-weed who goes in head-first and seems to wield a blade better than anyone else on the planet.  Followed by one nice girl, the other a hot one, and some muscle man.

Shit, sorry, didn't mean to jump on the "I haet JRPGz" bandwagon... I do like them...when they're not stale.  Maybe that's why it was so easy to look passed Nier's faults.  Sure the game had a few kinks in gameplay, but the world and cast sure as hell were fresh.

Actually I agree.

I think the problem is that is that designers don't realize that what's actually wrong with JRPGs has NOTHING to do with gameplay as much as creativity. Between the NES, SNES, and PSOne, I must have played dozens of RPGs that played in a very similar style with slight gameplay tweaks and had no problem with that. Even FF7 did very little to change the general gameplay really. What stood out was the orignal worlds, the writing, the creativity.

It's my opinion that ps1 is also where everything started to go to 'style over substance' hell, to the point where now I firmly believe that when a writer discovers that his character sucks, the only solution they even attempt is to just add more belts and zippers to their character model.

God I could go on for hours... truth is I could come up with a game RIGHT NOW that would have exp, turn based combat, and a skill tree. It would have an overworld, towns, and dungeons and it would simply need originality in the characters and story and it would be fantastic.stop fixing what works and quit giving us the 28'th version of cloud trying to save the 'effin world!

Currently playing:
Xbox 360 - NIER
Wii - Metroid Prime 2: Echos (trilogy version)
PSP - Disgaea
DS - SMT: Devil Survivor
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: