Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 12:10:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319709 Posts in 13046 Topics by 2147 Members
Latest Member: TacoBell_Lord
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  The Helper Monkey
| | |-+  Delete Account
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Delete Account  (Read 7260 times)
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2010, 10:52:22 PM »

what is with this restricted member shit anyways
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2010, 11:12:18 PM »

It makes it so I cant edit/delete posts or create new topics.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2010, 11:21:27 PM »

Eusis i dont want to argue with you man all I want is my account deleted

In all seriousness, uhh, no. Accounts aren't deleted often, and certainly not of posters who have actually been active. I didn't even grant that guy's request, and seeing this has made me decide it simply isn't happening just because someone asked. And actually EVERYONE lost the ability to delete posts because of your habit of deleting incriminating posts/threads, threads being deleted is especially bad if an ongoing conversation is going on and whoever started it decides they don't want to thread to exist.

what is with this restricted member shit anyways

Mostly to keep people making dumb topics to stop making them, at least for awhile. Or that's what I wanted anyway.
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2010, 11:26:44 PM »

I only deleted stupid shit though
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2010, 11:31:55 PM »

If I considered that a reason for deleting I would've done that to most the threads I locked rather than, well, locking them, it's not my philosophy to go deleting whatever unpleasant stuff happens on a forum and making it as if it never happened.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2010, 11:44:24 PM »

Mostly to keep people making dumb topics to stop making them, at least for awhile. Or that's what I wanted anyway.

dumb topics have been infinitely more entertaining
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2010, 11:50:34 PM »

dumb topics have been infinitely more entertaining

Well, I only intend to use it if reaches a rapid fire level of being obnoxious, especially if there's an undercurrent of trolling, and Thoren's the only one who managed that. Can't speak for the others though.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2010, 12:00:17 AM »

It makes it so I cant edit/delete posts or create new topics.

lol!

Topics are amusing.  I wouldn't mind one or two stupid-allowed topics; beats the constant debates, arguments, and on-topic chatter (its fun to break loose every so often) :P

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
xXMelancholiaXx

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2010, 12:11:11 AM »

I've been wondering wouldn't it be a little easier to have section dedicated specifically to those types of conversations. Like a "random chat" section or something to separate the serious topics from the asinine ones. It's just a thought.

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2010, 12:12:31 AM »

Kind of like a 'your post count doesn't increase inside this forum' forum?

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2010, 12:15:22 AM »

It was tried before, and people took it too far.

xXMelancholiaXx

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2010, 12:15:31 AM »

I don't think there is a need to go that far. I was just suggesting a section where people can post things like "Shining Force III sucks" or pointless word association threads without having it mixed in with the serious topics.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2010, 12:18:55 AM »

We've had that before, and in our case it didn't really work out. Probably because the original plan was no moderation when you need SOME at least. Even if it weren't for that though I'm not really sure the forum is active enough to make it worthwhile, I figure a few jocular threads is enough, especially when they're called something that can't be taken seriously like your example. It's not as if they'll easily get lost or anything anyway, it takes awhile for threads to scroll off.

I HAVE seen it work elsewhere, but the two things I mentioned (some moderation and more activity) applied there, and it ended up basically being a looser General board.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 12:22:53 AM by Eusis » Logged
Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2010, 12:34:19 AM »

I remember when that happened.  I also remember it got out of hand FAST.  I think at one point the forum had to be locked and there was some special way to gain access...that sound right?

Heck, when I first joined you guys had that system where you basically had to send a cover letter to one of the admins by email to join.  The good ol' days?  Heh.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2010, 12:37:49 AM »

I don't think there is a need to go that far. I was just suggesting a section where people can post things like "Shining Force III sucks" or pointless word association threads without having it mixed in with the serious topics.

Oh, no, I wasn't actually suggesting it, (I wouldn't want it to be honest) but didn't know if that's what you were getting at. I've seen those forums work elsewhere, but here... yeah, I was one of the two admins that had to do all those manual approvals back in the day. :P

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: