Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 01, 2014, 01:58:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327935 Posts in 13427 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Tactics Ogre
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11 Print
Author Topic: Tactics Ogre  (Read 19223 times)
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« on: September 30, 2010, 11:27:12 PM »

The announcement of the Collectors pack on the main page here has got me excited and sad.  If this Collectors pack doesn't make its way to the west, I will be very angry.  It looks SO awesome and I would be THAT much to own this!!!

Currently Playing-Re-visiting Wii and Xbox 360 games (finish backlog)
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2010, 12:08:25 AM »

Best thing to do is maybe the iPhone app then...that's Japanese... and I can't get it to run on -4.0 software.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2010, 12:16:02 AM »

DAMMIT, I WANT THAT SOUNDTRACK.
:(

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2010, 12:16:44 AM »

Best thing to do is maybe the iPhone app then...that's Japanese... and I can't get it to run on -4.0 software.

You are not going to get that Collector's Edition through an iOS sale, and the game itself's confirmed already if that's what you're getting at.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2010, 12:59:55 AM »

You are not going to get that Collector's Edition through an iOS sale, and the game itself's confirmed already if that's what you're getting at.

No.. i know (sorry, super tired to word anything right).
The iPhone app you can potentially get and has a whole bunch of artwork (allegedly, still have yet to get it working).
I'd love the collector's edition, but not much I can do with a Japanese game.  The story was pretty good, and while I can handle translating spells or equipment, the rest is a no-go.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
MindCandy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2010, 09:45:40 AM »

These games are fantastic, but SO LONG!  That special edition is very tempting.

Currently playing:
Xbox 360 - NIER
Wii - Metroid Prime 2: Echos (trilogy version)
PSP - Disgaea
DS - SMT: Devil Survivor
Rindu

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2010, 11:27:30 AM »

I care more about the game...I have wanted to play it for a long time, but haven't  been able to get my hands on it!

MaelstromB

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2010, 10:36:52 AM »

Does anyone know how someone could get a copy of the CE version?

I tried ordering via Square/Enix's Japanese online store, but it was a no go. :/ I'm a huge fan of the series and would love to have the pack just for the collectability factor because I cannot understand the Japanese language, but I've had the US version pre-ordered since the day it was announced, too.
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2010, 09:55:31 PM »

I need to go to Gamestop and get this sucka pre-ordered.  Too bad i'll be the only one in the area who even knows of this series :(

I do however, have the soundtrack pre-ordered :)

Currently Playing-Re-visiting Wii and Xbox 360 games (finish backlog)
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2010, 01:49:30 PM »

Just curious, with the exception of some limited run, what is the point of pre-ordering? Just showing support for the genre?

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2010, 02:14:26 PM »

Just curious, with the exception of some limited run, what is the point of pre-ordering? Just showing support for the genre?

You can lock yourself into any deals offered at Amazon, but for GameStop I guess it's just to get it done right away. Mind, this is only for when it's way in advance; when it's closer to release the reason is GameStop can suck and only get exactly the amount of copies pre-ordered, so it becomes a matter of either pre-ordering or not getting it ASAP.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2010, 03:36:43 PM »

I hear ya.

Newer games I've been getting on Amazon, esp big xbox titles like reach or red dead, where they give you the $20 for pre-ordering.

I usually only go to gamestop for old bargain hunter trips.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2010, 02:39:32 PM »

GAMEPLAY, PROLOGUE IN ENGLISH, WIERD NAMES AND GREAT MUSIC is what Square Enix posted in his YouTube Channel today (they also updated the official Japanese site).

Class Introduction: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yky2iR2PLTA
Prologue: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0ARw6daIg0
Opening: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vay2zDcKA8E

Where are those nerds who said that the PSP doesn't have games.

Source, NeoGAF.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2010, 05:19:35 PM »

Where are those nerds who said that the PSP doesn't have games.

At this point it isn't a lack of games, it's a lack of people buying the games. :/
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2010, 05:20:41 PM »

I always Pre-order games like this just so there's no hassle or fuss.  I can probaly get it just as easily without the $5 down by going around to Best Buy or whatever and buying it that way, but my time is at a premium and I'd rather just know it's going to be in X location on Y day and be done with it.

Also sometimes you get stuff, and in my personal situation I'm friends with many of the employees at my local Gamestop so I like to help them out on their preorder numbers.  It doesn't cost me extra, other than a slight opportunity cost loss, it never hurts to preorder either.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: