Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 30, 2014, 10:18:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329984 Posts in 13522 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Tactics Ogre
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11 Print
Author Topic: Tactics Ogre  (Read 19443 times)
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: February 21, 2011, 11:18:26 PM »

Archers as a whole rape ass in this game. Especially since you can equip trajectory and see if their over distance shot will connect, and if it misses, use the thing that turns back your turn and try it again from a different spot (since when they say doing the same thing has no effect didn't specify that doing it FROM A DIFFERENT PANEL would have an impact [it does, abuse it]). I managed to destroy some really evil situations where I just missed one shot by just doing it from a different panel and getting that successful hit. Oh, also, archers RAPE ASS.

....archers rape ass.

TASTY!
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: February 22, 2011, 01:08:02 AM »

Archers as a whole rape ass.

Oh, also, archers RAPE ASS.

....archers rape ass.

Well that's just great. Now I have the mental image of Mirror Mirror Captain Archer from Enterprise, the lead from that FX series Archer, AND Da Turminatur Archer from FMA all raping your ass. Thanks a fucking million (and I hope they forgot to bring the lube (or use only a candy wrapper as a condom in FX Archer's case)).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: February 22, 2011, 07:46:24 PM »

I'm probably not using archers right. Besides from the guy with wings which is indeed an awesome archer, the regular ones I can't get to deal much damage with them, even against mages.

I was kind of stoppiing using archers to use more mages, but since you say they're so good I'll give them another shot.

Lucca
AMG A GIRL

SUGAR PEAS!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: February 22, 2011, 07:57:25 PM »

I'm probably not using archers right. Besides from the guy with wings which is indeed an awesome archer, the regular ones I can't get to deal much damage with them, even against mages.

I was kind of stoppiing using archers to use more mages, but since you say they're so good I'll give them another shot.

He's right. Get trueflight, strengthen and tremendous shot and make sure that you use archers on hills or roofs, if you can. The damage multiplies and magic happens.

My archer can almost one shot wizards now.

Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: February 22, 2011, 08:00:38 PM »

Archers would always destroy my party in the PSX version. They're hard to get to, and can pick off your party. It especially sucks when a map starts you off on the lower ground ripe for the picking.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: February 22, 2011, 11:08:27 PM »

He's right. Get trueflight, strengthen and tremendous shot and make sure that you use archers on hills or roofs, if you can. The damage multiplies and magic happens.

My archer can almost one shot wizards now.

Don't forget trajectory, it's especially awesome when you try to shoot past your normal range, as it shows if it can make it.

My archers both use trajectory, anatomy, bows (obviously), strengthen, trueflight, counterattack, and fortify, plus a move I forget offhand. I also worked my butt off to get advanced weapons by doing a lot of grinding. 2 hand bows>>>>>1 hand bows when you're an archer, though on Canopus I stick with 1 handed for the use of a melee weapon (axes). I can kill most any non-heavy armor unit in 1-2 shots in story progression, and 2-3 in a training run (random battle).

One last suggestion for archers is to always stay a square or two out of your firings range. If you're above your opponents height level, odds are you can land a shot from further than the 3-7 square range you're shown. On the last battle of chapter 1, I can hit ANY TARGET on my first move using my archers by firing out of their given range.

As I said earlier...archers rape ass.

TASTY!
Anime & RPGl and

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: March 02, 2011, 02:30:06 PM »

I have never played a Tactics Ogre game. If it is anything like Shining Force or Final Fantasy Tactics I may like it...not sure. My question is why is this game near $40? It looks like standard packaging and I don't  see a bonus now that the tarot cards were only preordered bonuses right?
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: March 02, 2011, 02:51:55 PM »

It is interesting that this game is $40 but other new PSP games are now $30, like The 3rd Birthday, Dissidia 012 and FFIV Complete.  Tactics Ogre is a classic. 

Currently Playing-Re-visiting Wii and Xbox 360 games (finish backlog)
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: March 03, 2011, 12:44:58 AM »

I've not follow this thread too closely but anyone around here got the Tarot Cards? I really want to get this little extra, but here in Chile there's no store to be found with this bonus thingy.

I guess that I'll better call to one store in the capital to ask why the hell guys are you so lame for not bringing mah awesome tarot cards with art of Akihiko Yoshida?

Seriously, after Vagrant Story this is the best work from Yoshida IMO.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: March 03, 2011, 01:01:09 AM »

I've not follow this thread too closely but anyone around here got the Tarot Cards? I really want to get this little extra, but here in Chile there's no store to be found with this bonus thingy.

I guess that I'll better call to one store in the capital to ask why the hell guys are you so lame for not bringing mah awesome tarot cards with art of Akihiko Yoshida?

Seriously, after Vagrant Story this is the best work from Yoshida IMO.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kajusx/sets/72157626117483934/

Best I can do atm..

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: March 03, 2011, 01:05:54 AM »

Wow those are beautiful
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: March 03, 2011, 01:25:10 AM »

Thanks Dice, you're awesome.
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: March 03, 2011, 01:29:43 AM »

I'm glad I got me a set of them :)

Currently Playing-Re-visiting Wii and Xbox 360 games (finish backlog)
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #103 on: March 03, 2011, 01:35:23 AM »

Likewise. They're a great bonus gift.

I just picked up my copy today and have mixed feelings so far. I'm a little shy of 2 hours in, but I feel the story is thrust in your face too fast. I'm struggling to remember names, places, events etc. and I don't feel like there's enough backstory to make any of the characters especially likeable.

A question for someone who has played more (but don't give anything away!); do you grow to like the characters?

TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: March 03, 2011, 01:41:59 AM »

By any chance? Did you manage to watch the opening video if you wait in the menu for a while? That helped out a little with the exposistion of the general plot. Characters though, they're not the most compelling. It's more plot centric with its grey morality in a nutshell.

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: