Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 30, 2014, 12:12:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329971 Posts in 13522 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Tactics Ogre
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Print
Author Topic: Tactics Ogre  (Read 19438 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: April 04, 2011, 05:35:52 PM »

If someone doesn't get the joke, this is a reference from Final Fantasy Tactics.
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: April 18, 2011, 01:03:44 AM »

If someone doesn't get the joke, this is a reference from Final Fantasy Tactics.

:) Good ole Delita :)

I finally just finished beating Tactics Ogre about a week ago.  I've beaten it once on the Super Famicom.

Currently Playing-Re-visiting Wii and Xbox 360 games (finish backlog)
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: April 18, 2011, 02:22:19 AM »

I thought I was done too, but went back to it.  250 hours now and has effectively stopped me from playing all other games except when on auto-battle.  The Palace took about 1/4 of that time. Whose horrible idea was it to make a 70 hour dungeon that you can't leave without losing all progress?
Darklight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: April 18, 2011, 10:36:06 PM »

Omg I must be ancient, You're all thinking on buying it while i'm feeling motivated to play it on my Sega Saturn. It's the sequel to the Saturns Ogre Battle right?
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: April 18, 2011, 11:01:00 PM »

Or, you know, some of us have played the older versions and are playing it again.  This is more than just a port, it's practically a completely different game.  It's practically unrecognizable from its original form.
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: April 18, 2011, 11:21:35 PM »

Had this in my hand today and bought Knights in the Nightmare instead, after reading this I might have to head back to Game Stop tomorrow :)

Everything's Eventual
Commander Jubby Shepard
What do you call a kid with no arms and an eye patch? Names.

If you come back you will find me a very grave man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: April 18, 2011, 11:23:55 PM »

Had this in my hand today and bought Knights in the Nightmare instead, after reading this I might have to head back to Game Stop tomorrow :)

I wouldn't give up Knights in the Nightmare unless you absolutely had to though; Knights in the Nightmare is really, really good.

If it'll hold Jello, Utah will put Jello in it.
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: April 18, 2011, 11:29:01 PM »

I'd make the argument that this is a much better game than Knights in the Nightmare, but I certainly don't speak for everyone.  Either way, if you love SRPGs, this is a great game.
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: April 18, 2011, 11:31:26 PM »

Oh no, don't misunderstand me I'm keeping Knights! I just might have to buy this as well...I'm sure the little lady will understand, lol.

Everything's Eventual
Commander Jubby Shepard
What do you call a kid with no arms and an eye patch? Names.

If you come back you will find me a very grave man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: April 18, 2011, 11:33:17 PM »

Oh no, don't misunderstand me I'm keeping Knights! I just might have to buy this as well...I'm sure the little lady will understand, lol.

If she refuses to let you buy this, push her into the shark tank.

I should definitely get this, FFT:WotL, or Jeanne d' Arc when I finally buy the PSP off of my friend when she gets PSP2.

If it'll hold Jello, Utah will put Jello in it.
Darklight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: April 19, 2011, 10:36:09 PM »

Or, you know, some of us have played the older versions and are playing it again.  This is more than just a port, it's practically a completely different game.  It's practically unrecognizable from its original form.

Thanks Cyril, i'll look into grabbing it. I'll play the Saturn one 1st since it's been boxed since it was released. For some reason I played Vandal hearts after Ogre battle in the day rather then the sequel. Too many games,,,,,,,,,,,,
Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: June 12, 2011, 01:04:18 AM »

My Tactics Ogre artbook finally came in the mail, here are some screenshots courtesy of otaku.com :)

232 pages of awesome, the price was expensive but worth every penny as this will go rare quick!

Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: June 12, 2011, 01:18:53 AM »

Yeah, I've had mine for a few weeks now.  It's beautiful, and great quality.  In particular, I was pleasantly surprised about how lovely the locale art was.  I'd love to have some of them enlarged and put into a painting.
Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: June 12, 2011, 01:45:18 AM »

I wish they would release one for Final Fantasy Tactics and Vagrant Story.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: June 13, 2011, 01:55:25 AM »

My Tactics Ogre artbook finally came in the mail, here are some screenshots courtesy of otaku.com :)

232 pages of awesome, the price was expensive but worth every penny as this will go rare quick!

I found it for $40-something on playasia (but with tax and shipping, I still "paid" for it).  I can't wait.  I love both artists who worked on the game. x)
I actually love otaku[.be].  They've had some pretty good prices and some pretty hard to find items as well.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: