Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2014, 08:18:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331846 Posts in 13588 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Symphony of the Night to be released on XBox Live Arcade
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Symphony of the Night to be released on XBox Live Arcade  (Read 1559 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« on: August 03, 2006, 06:49:34 PM »

... Huh?
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2006, 09:59:06 PM »

I'm kinda irritated that 1) Sony has ignored rereleasing it to the PSP and 2) that Nintendo has ignored trying to release it on the DS.

But hey....Xbox fans...enjoy it.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2006, 10:05:56 PM »

It's too early to say shit about whether or not it'll be on the PSP, and it's not like Sony or Nintendo have much say beyond approving/denying it, and I doubt Nintendo would deny it. Sony probably would, but that's made a non-issue with the PSX download service, where it once again becomes a matter of whether or not Konami goes through... And if they're doing this for the fucking /XBox/, I think there's a good chance we can get it when PSX downloads go up.
Mana Knight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2006, 11:03:20 PM »

Quote from: "Dade"
I'm kinda irritated that 1) Sony has ignored rereleasing it to the PSP and 2) that Nintendo has ignored trying to release it on the DS.

But hey....Xbox fans...enjoy it.
Actually, from what I hear, it's suppose to be one of the first downloadable PS1 games on PSP.  It will still end up on PSP sometime, since Sony said they do plan to make most all games downloadable.

SCEA actually doesn't have anything against 2-D games on PSP (they do on PS2, to an extent), but they do require the 30% new content in PS1 games, to be released on PSP (which isn't 100% clear anyway).

I might download it when I get an Xbox 360, but I still have my original PS1 copy (in great shape) and I'll probably just play that on my PS3.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2006, 11:26:04 PM »

Quote from: "Mana Knight"
CEA actually doesn't have anything against 2-D games on PSP (they do on PS2, to an extent), but they do require the 30% new content in PS1 games, to be released on PSP (which isn't 100% clear anyway).

I think they just bullshitted a number. 10 minutes of new FMVs certainly doesn't equal 30% new content, and it's just hard as hell to measure where the screen resizing fits. I think their policy is more 'if it doesn't have any significant new additions, turn it down', which is a shame, but is likely done in the first place /because/ of this.

... Though I'm hoping games like BoFIII and ToE have special widescreen modes using code ripped from the PSP ports.
ZE GRAND MASTER

Don't Make Me "Self-Defense" You

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2006, 09:28:57 AM »

If only the Virtual Console covered Playstation games...

Yup, it's a totally out-there fantasy, folks.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: