Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 03:41:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319191 Posts in 13033 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Finished Games.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Finished Games.  (Read 1492 times)
Zool

View Profile

Ignore
« on: October 06, 2010, 07:45:53 AM »

What do you do with your games when you have finished them, or gone as far as you want to/can  in a game?

Most of my games I trade in. I keep very few; about a dozen per console at any one time and if I replace a console I trade in all the games if they are not back compatible.

One of the reasons I'm getting the 3Ds (apart from 3d of course) is because the gameboy and game boy advance games can be downloaded and then transferred to a new 3Ds machine in the future.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 07:51:45 AM »

I keep them. I like watching things pile up, books, music, games.

I like looking at a pile of something and thinking "I finished all of them".
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 10:41:01 AM by Starmongoose » Logged

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 08:21:36 AM »

I keep them. I like watching things pile up, books, music, games.

I look looking at a pile of something and thinking "I finished all of them".

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 09:28:01 AM »

I keep the ones I like and sell/trade-in the others. When I finish a game I always decide if I wan't to keep it or not. Depends on how much I like it and if I can see myself replaying it in the future. I like to keep the really good ones though, it's good to know that I can revisit them whenever I feel like it. I like to keep a good representation of the best software that was released for a particular hardware, the classics of that generation if you will.
I just know by the time I finish a game if I'll want to play it again or not. If you know you'll never touch that game you have sitting on the shelf again, it's a waste of money to keep it considering that you can get something back for it.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2010, 09:51:36 AM »

I tend to keep most games, only trading in if I don't feel like I'll want to play through it again AND it still holds respectable value.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2010, 10:37:15 AM »

I only keep the games that I know I'll want to keep, even if I won't play ever again. I'll never sell my SMT games. I'm trying to get as big a collection of SMT merchandise as possible.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Pesmerga

for-shizzle-nizzle@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2010, 11:21:59 AM »

I only keep the games that I know I'll want to keep, even if I won't play ever again. I'll never sell my SMT games. I'm trying to get as big a collection of SMT merchandise as possible.

I have every SMT game released in north america except strange journey. Im playing devil survivor right now, you need to seriously level grind like crazzzyyy. ahaha love it though.
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2010, 12:31:33 PM »

I tend to keep all of mine. The I want to play this now feeling is bad enough when you just lend the game to someone. I can only imagine what it would be like if I had sold it.

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2010, 12:38:29 PM »

I suffer from a severe case of collectoritis.  I don't sell or trade in anything.  I even keep games I hated...

Way back in the day when I was much younger and strapped for cash I sold some of my Super Nintendo games (some really good ones, like Final Fantasy III and Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past) and I have never forgiven myself.  Seriously, it haunts me to this day.

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2010, 12:56:37 PM »

Keep them.

See, I'm probably going to have kids someday. So I figure I have like 600-800 games right now. Basically I won't have to buy birthday presents EVER.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2010, 01:35:02 PM »

I suffer from a severe case of collectoritis.  I don't sell or trade in anything.  I even keep games I hated...

Way back in the day when I was much younger and strapped for cash I sold some of my Super Nintendo games (some really good ones, like Final Fantasy III and Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past) and I have never forgiven myself.  Seriously, it haunts me to this day.
Same here. I don't sell/trade anything. Just like you, I sold a few games back in the day(Panzer Dragoon Saga!) that I now regret selling.

Playing: A Link Between Worlds
Reading: Cosmos by Carl Sagan
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2010, 02:47:26 PM »

This. If I resell a game it have to be really boring and not memorable enough to me (or really, really bad) to go out and sell the bastard.
ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2010, 06:43:04 PM »

I keep mine. You never know when you wanna play through them again. Seriously, what's the point of trading in a game that you've bought. That's what renting's for.

But yeah, I also like a collection. I like looking at it.

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2010, 08:15:55 PM »

It probably helps the games I've traded in tend to either A. be fairly popular so they won't be hard to find, B. just don't end up being that rare/costly, or C. really suck. Atelier Iris looked like something I COULD regret, but it's going for $10 from GameStop so if I feel like reclaiming it then it's a small fee. Then there's games like FFIV DS where I'm more concerned about losing my save than losing the game.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 12:46:57 AM by Eusis » Logged
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2010, 08:21:12 PM »

Sell them or delete them off my hard drive
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: