Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 17, 2014, 03:42:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331482 Posts in 13573 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  The Soundroom
| | |-+  Xenogears is finally getting the orchestral treatment
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Xenogears is finally getting the orchestral treatment  (Read 2852 times)
JediLeroy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: October 06, 2010, 08:06:32 AM »

From Mitsuda-san's twitter:

YasunoriMitsuda
We start to make the orchestra arranged version of "XENOGEARS"! Please tell us your favorite music! http://ow.ly/2PgeC

Square Enix club members can vote for which songs they want done. Heads up--it's all in Japanese (though if you can't read it, you're probably not a Square Enix club member).

The OSV holds up pretty well, but I'll be derned if I said I wasn't excited about this.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 09:22:50 AM »

Yeah, he posted this on his FB page this morning. I still listen to, and love, the original soundtrack. I'm not sure the orchestral treatment will make the music better than it already is, but it should still be awesome.

Playing: TWD Season 2
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 09:30:14 AM »

Very cool. I didn't thing we'd ever see something with the xenogears name on it again. This game has one of my favorite soundtracks ever, I still listen to some of those songs.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 03:18:18 PM »

This is going to be interesting, I never imagine how the music of this game can be orchestrated. Personally, I would like to see an orchestrated album for Final Fantasy IX, that would be perfect for my childhood memories. :)
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2010, 07:24:10 PM »

I love this soundtrack and Creid. Can't wait for the orchestrated album. :) If I was a Squeenix member I'd have a hard time voting...

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2010, 07:35:38 PM »

About time - he's one of Squeenix's better artists!  .

Kinda sad we have a Xenosaga focus, unlike the Shimomura one that took her greatest hits.  I find he usually falls flat in the battle theme department too, so I'm glad people can pick which tunes.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2010, 01:47:43 PM »

When will this be able to be pre-ordered?  I'm assuming they are still deciding on which songs to put in?

Currently Playing-Re-visiting Wii and Xbox 360 games (finish backlog)
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2010, 01:13:30 PM »

Could this release be a hint of maybe remaking Xenogears and putting the WHOLE story in this time?  I know its most likely nothing but just releasing this long awaited orchestral work but why go to so much trouble of making this if there is no new Xenogears or remake?  Maybe im just wanting it to happen,lol!

Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2010, 06:57:55 PM »

Could this release be a hint of maybe remaking Xenogears and putting the WHOLE story in this time?  I know its most likely nothing but just releasing this long awaited orchestral work but why go to so much trouble of making this if there is no new Xenogears or remake?  Maybe im just wanting it to happen,lol!

A lot of people WANT this to happen, but no word yet.

The CD is set for a February 2011 release.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=350qXLzCUBM

Mitsuda talks about stuff (anyone who's fluent, feel free to translate!). And you can hear some of the music from the recording session.

Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2010, 12:00:42 AM »

Thanks!

Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2010, 11:48:50 PM »

Album title: "Myth: The Xenogears Orchestral Album."

http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2010/843.html

Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2011, 04:24:41 PM »

Already pre-ordered :)

Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2011, 03:30:59 PM »

It was released on yesterday.  My husband is in Japan on a business trip and he's going to get it for me, I can't wait.
Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2011, 05:54:20 PM »

I should have it sometime early next week with the Valkyria Chronicles III Soundtrack and The Last Story Soundtrack :)

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2011, 12:22:42 PM »

Considering how good the original music was/is , I'm not really sure this was necessary. I'll wait to hear what people think of it before purchasing.
Plus, the original stuff was pretty damn orchestral to begin with. I know it was done by just one guy in a studio, but it sure as heck sounds like an orchestra to me. We'll see how the real deal sounds in comparison.

Playing: TWD Season 2
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: