Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2014, 02:17:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
340854 Posts in 13928 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Baseball anybody?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Baseball anybody?  (Read 2364 times)
dyeager
RPGFan Editor

Code Monkey Like Fritos

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2010, 10:29:37 AM »

You could always visit the Staten Island Yankees. Single A affiliate of the MLB Yanks. Tickets are pretty cheap by NY standards - $14 gets you a seat at those games and there isn't a bad seat in the house.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2010, 02:17:15 PM »

MindCandy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2010, 11:02:59 PM »

Well I live more upstate, about 45 min outside of Albany, which is where I work. What kills me is albany could easily supporrt a AAA team but there's NOTHING. You'd figure with 2 NY teams one of them would call out of Albany, but nope. It's a shame. I'd go to games all the time if ther was one. It's way easier and cheeper than the 2 hour haul to the Bronx.

Off to the ALCS we go!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 11:48:51 PM by MindCandy » Logged

Currently playing:
Xbox 360 - NIER
Wii - Metroid Prime 2: Echos (trilogy version)
PSP - Disgaea
DS - SMT: Devil Survivor
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2010, 07:14:23 AM »

I'm glad the Yankees won. I hate the Twins. And the Yankees have my favorite player (Curtis Granderson) from his time in Detroit.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2010, 07:57:23 AM »

I live in south Jersey, Phillies country.  I'm seriously considering relinquishing my lifelong Yankees fandom for Phillies fandom since this has truly become home for me.  I've already relinquished my Knicks fandom in favor of the Nets since I have New Jersey pride and I've always been a Devils fan.  I need to rep NY/NJ a little bit, so I'll still support the Jets since my first NFL game was a Jets game.  And in soccer, Union all the way baby! 

MindCandy- I was an undergrad at SUNY Albany.  Class o' 2000. 

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
MindCandy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2010, 01:00:38 PM »

I live in south Jersey, Phillies country.  I'm seriously considering relinquishing my lifelong Yankees fandom for Phillies fandom since this has truly become home for me.  I've already relinquished my Knicks fandom in favor of the Nets since I have New Jersey pride and I've always been a Devils fan.  I need to rep NY/NJ a little bit, so I'll still support the Jets since my first NFL game was a Jets game.  And in soccer, Union all the way baby! 

MindCandy- I was an undergrad at SUNY Albany.  Class o' 2000. 

Trator!

Seriously, jersy?  Anyway, I work at 40 north pearl, near Jillian's.  I'm sure you know about where that is if you went to suny.

Baseball is pretty much all I follow. I'd kind of follow the Giants if they were't about as dissapointing as SquareEnix...

Currently playing:
Xbox 360 - NIER
PSP - Disgaea
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2010, 10:54:13 AM »

I'm a Jersey boy.  Lived in New Jersey since I was 9.  It's the only home I know in the United States.  Okay, I did some college and some grad school out of state (NY) but it was more like visiting, not so much home.  I grew up in northern New Jersey (the NYC side) so most folks there were self-hating New Jerseyans/wannabe New Yorkers.  Down here, people actually have New Jersey pride, even though the teams closest to us are the Philly teams. 

And yes, I remember when Jillian's first opened when I was in college. 
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 11:01:09 AM by Dincrest » Logged

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
dyeager
RPGFan Editor

Code Monkey Like Fritos

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2010, 12:01:26 PM »

Good to see a shout out for the Philadelphia Union and the MLS in general. Footie is my second favorite sport behind baseball (albeit everything is pretty distant behind baseball) so I was very excited when Philly finally got an MLS club. Hockey comes in third behind that.

MindCandy just a heads up - the Tri-City Valley Cats do play in Troy which is pretty darn close to Albany, right? They are the short season single A affiliate of the Houston Astros which means their season only lasts between June until mid-September but at least they are close.

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/index.jsp?sid=t577

EDIT: Crap sorry MindCandy, just realized you said 45 minutes OUTSIDE of Albany. That would probably put you pretty far away. :-(
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 12:03:14 PM by dyeager » Logged
MindCandy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2010, 06:10:48 PM »

Yes, but I work in albany, and troy is close.  I might check them out after work some time.

My commute blows, but it's govn't work and the pay is good, and these days I'm just happy to have a job at all.

They ever call anybody up from there?

{Edit} so far everything is going just like I thought it would, just waiting for Texas to win and I'll be 4 for 4
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 10:57:53 PM by MindCandy » Logged

Currently playing:
Xbox 360 - NIER
PSP - Disgaea
Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2010, 04:35:51 AM »

Phillies and Yankees headed to Division.Whodathunk?

Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2010, 09:34:07 PM »

when it comes to baseball im a total homer. if the indians arent in i dont care unless a former player i liked such as cliff lee is on one of the teams.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2010, 10:20:43 PM »

Don't count on the Indians going for a long time. Their only good player, Choo, has his mandatory service coming up.
MindCandy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2010, 10:56:10 PM »

when it comes to baseball im a total homer. if the indians arent in i dont care unless a former player i liked such as cliff lee is on one of the teams.
I suppose that's what mades the difference between a fan of the game and a fan of a team. I lovve the yankees, but I was upset when the lost Matsui (and to the ANGELS? Pull the knife out of my chest!) But there's people you gotta like, even if you play against 'em.
Santana (Mets) is one hell of a pitcher as is Tim Lincecum (Giants)
And there's ichiro suzuki from the Mariners.
I'm sure I'll find more players I like too. As long as you keep watching games, you'll see something that impresses you outside of just your team.

Currently playing:
Xbox 360 - NIER
PSP - Disgaea
dyeager
RPGFan Editor

Code Monkey Like Fritos

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2010, 11:49:18 AM »

Yes, but I work in albany, and troy is close.  I might check them out after work some time.

My commute blows, but it's govn't work and the pay is good, and these days I'm just happy to have a job at all.

They ever call anybody up from there?

{Edit} so far everything is going just like I thought it would, just waiting for Texas to win and I'll be 4 for 4

The full list is here: http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/roster/page.jsp?ymd=20061012&content_id=137601&vkey=roster_t577&fext=.jsp&sid=t577

The most notable are probably Ben Zobrist and Hunter Pence.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2010, 12:19:10 PM »

I'm a Red Sox fan, but they didn't make it this year :( I don't care for the Phillies or the Yankees.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: