Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2014, 04:33:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334409 Posts in 13701 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Xenosaga Episode III Dated
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Xenosaga Episode III Dated  (Read 9424 times)
^3R^
Banninated

3r.kamikaze@gmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2006, 07:38:03 AM »

I loved Xenosaga 1, it's true that it had its weak pointslike the music issue and the apparently useless AGWS. But EP.II... was just too much for me to stand, I hated what they had done to KOS-MOS and other characters' designs.I have not beat this game yet, but after 40 hours or so of gameplay I still don't get why my characters seem no stronger than when they were lowlvls, I didn't like the battle system, you can clearly see they tried to improve the X1's one thou they ended up with a bizarre thing about combos on the air or the ground.
I've not played the demo of XepIII yet, only seen screenshots. To my relief, at least the designs seem to be what I was hoping they were on a sequel, still anime-ish but more stylized, like an hybrid between Ep.I and Ep.II ones.

Testament

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2006, 11:18:57 AM »

.I have not beat this game yet, but after 40 hours or so of gameplay I still don't get why my characters seem no stronger than when they were lowlvls, I didn't like the battle system, you can clearly see they tried to improve the X1's one thou they ended up with a bizarre thing about combos on the air or the ground.

Try using your head?

It's all about exploiting weakness.  Attribute, elemental and zone.  Your characters don't seem that overpowered because one, according to the story, they aren't suppose to be (with the exception of  certain characters at certain points) and two, the gameplay remains challenging all the way through (unless you go on a crazy level up spree).
Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2006, 11:32:35 PM »

I want this game. Badly.

I don't remember jack about the story, but I can really care less. I usually figure things out :P

These games are awesome.
blackthirteen

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2006, 04:42:15 AM »

I don't understand. Xenosaga III is the last one of the series??

I thought they were planning four episodes...
Professor Gast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2006, 05:30:44 AM »

http://www.rpgfan.com/previews/xenosaga3/index.html

I don't mean to be impolite, but since I have no time at the moment: Read my preview, the first paragraph will explain that.
SabreWulf11887

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2006, 11:36:10 AM »

It sucks that they took the commands out of the battle system. I really liked that in the last 2 games.
blackthirteen

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2006, 09:10:04 PM »

Sorry Professor Gast I didn't read the article carefully since there was a warning about spoilers...

It's too bad the series will end there. I started a game with Xenosaga II and I don't understand why it was so badly critiqued…
Druff

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2006, 05:13:29 PM »

In case you guys don't already know... The JP Ep. III demo has been hacked, and major spoilers have leaked. Monolithsoft basically put the entire info database in the demo and locked most of the content, but of course someone managed to unlock it. Lots of info and lots of pictures, apparently the Ep. III database contains little snapshots of key events and characters and whatnot. It's good stuff, definitely a few treats for Xenogears fans. If you want to check it out, just look for one of the longest threads on the GameFAQs XS Ep. III board. For now all I'll say is, after losing interest in Xenosaga after Ep. II, this new information has totally pulled me back in and I can't wait for Ep. III.
Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2006, 05:17:00 PM »

Hah, silly Monolith, that really was a big misstake. Thanks for the heads-up, I'll definitely keep out of Xenosaga Ep 3 threads from now, in case someone mentions any of the information found in the database.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2006, 06:37:39 PM »

That's... Really sad on Monolith's part. But if it's able to revive interest in the series, then it's good to know they apparantly make a good return to form for the final game.

At the last, the database should be interesting to read. :P
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2006, 06:59:39 PM »

i saw some videos of XS3 and so far i like what i see. that realean dude from part 2 is playable but whos the girl that has a hand device like shion's but is also playable? is that shions friend that appears in XS1 and XS2?

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Druff

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2006, 07:55:46 PM »

Yeah, that's Miyuki, the Vector employee who made Shion's MWSes. Miyuki uses the old red MWS from Ep. I and Shion still has the new one from Ep. II.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: