Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2014, 11:55:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332727 Posts in 13632 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  A Game Journal Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] Print
Author Topic: A Game Journal Reborn  (Read 56676 times)
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2070 on: September 29, 2014, 11:09:19 PM »

If you're really just 200 points short then it might actually be worth burning a love gem...1 love gem isn't going to get you an SR under normal circumstances.

Considering it.
It's not the SR though, it's the 8000 point one.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2071 on: September 29, 2014, 11:24:58 PM »

Oh, that one...that's not a normal card if it's the one I'm thinking of, though.  Basically gives you lots of XP if you practice with it but can't actually be leveled up or used in the usual way.  Probably not worth it.

Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2072 on: September 29, 2014, 11:32:07 PM »

Ah, so it's like the Alpaca.
Screw it then if it's just an xp card. That explains the "R" while not being a muze member.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2073 on: September 29, 2014, 11:55:55 PM »

I've sort of been obsessing over the ranking rewards and I don't know why...In addition to the normal event rewards for achieving certain numbers of points there are additional rewards at the end based on your overall rank.  Most of them aren't that exciting, though.

It looks like I'm going to be in the 2001-4000 tier which gets me a scouting ticket (one free honor student scouting).  I'm fairly close to the next tier up but the only difference would be...an XP card again.  Not really worth fighting for.

Now if you rank 1000 or better then it's a different story.  You actually get the event's SR card again, which means you can idolize it right away.  Of course I'm nowhere near getting that kind of rank.  Though it may be 'only' a bit over a thousand places better than where I'm at, competition for those top spots is fierce.  In fact if you look at the very top, even if you were a perfect player and never stopped playing the game long enough for your LP gauge to fill back up (including sleep) you would not be able to achieve those kind of scores.  Those people must be burning love gems like crazy, and the only way they're getting that many to burn is if they're buying them.

It's kind of scary how much money you could potentially sink into this game (and for what, really...).  That's why I refuse to spend even a dime, because it looks like a slippery slope to me.

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2074 on: Today at 12:58:36 AM »

I feel like I'm having an easier time with Daifukkatsu than Espgaluda 2. Like specifically if I just ignored chaining completely, MOST of DFK feels manageable until level 5 starts, although I've yet to get that without continuing. Level 2 is Espgaluda 2 has some really tricky bits near the end, and a total of three enemies that have this bullet pattern that really annoys me.

I feel actively sad that I don't like the Seiken game as much as I used to :T I feel actively sad that I remember playing SD3 when I was in highschool like it was yesterday :T I feel actively sad about almost getting arrested for breaking into a highschool computer lab yesterday :T

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2075 on: Today at 01:01:50 AM »

I've sort of been obsessing over the ranking rewards and I don't know why...In addition to the normal event rewards for achieving certain numbers of points there are additional rewards at the end based on your overall rank.  Most of them aren't that exciting, though.

It looks like I'm going to be in the 2001-4000 tier which gets me a scouting ticket (one free honor student scouting).  I'm fairly close to the next tier up but the only difference would be...an XP card again.  Not really worth fighting for.

Now if you rank 1000 or better then it's a different story.  You actually get the event's SR card again, which means you can idolize it right away.  Of course I'm nowhere near getting that kind of rank.  Though it may be 'only' a bit over a thousand places better than where I'm at, competition for those top spots is fierce.  In fact if you look at the very top, even if you were a perfect player and never stopped playing the game long enough for your LP gauge to fill back up (including sleep) you would not be able to achieve those kind of scores.  Those people must be burning love gems like crazy, and the only way they're getting that many to burn is if they're buying them.

It's kind of scary how much money you could potentially sink into this game (and for what, really...).  That's why I refuse to spend even a dime, because it looks like a slippery slope to me.

Event SR are weaker than normal SR.
If I was to pour tons of money on the game, I'd just recruit for 11 -> guaranteed SRs instead of shoving money to get event SRs.
That said, I guess those that do it want to get the cards for their collection.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2076 on: Today at 01:28:53 AM »

Is that actually true?  They seem about the same to me...

Of course scouting gives you a shot at URs, but those are extra rare.

glassjawsh
will argue out of boredom

"You're pretty punk, Steve" - Dolphin

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #2077 on: Today at 02:27:09 AM »

Lunar: SSH...made it all the way through the grindery...Im on level 45 already, so i smoked the magic emperor, and it was finally time to square off with Ghaleon and settle this once and for all...I then spent an embarrassing amount of time pounding the ever living fuck out of that pasty white haired dick bag...I was hitting him for 1000 plus on almost every turn...with Kyle alone.  I figured out that by only casting buffs I could get Mia's meter to charge enough to cast Mist Barrier ever 5 or 6 turns. Which basically meant I was invulnerable for 5 out of every 10 turns. Over the course of one of the most exhauating and explative filled battles ive ever been involvec in, I ended up using all 50+ of my star lights, all 20+ of my Silver Lights, all 80+ of my angel tears (fucking instant kill!) and every Hit and Magic point in my entire party...it was frustrating and disheartening...and entirely unnecessary because you're supposed to die...you can't win the battle...but I was too buffed and leveled to be overwhelmed like I should have. Apparently the version you actually can beat has around 50-60k in hp and I'm pretty sure I just took him for 5 times that.

so yeah, I just ended up wasting almost 2 hours on an unwinnable war of attrition...FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHUUUUUUUUU!!!!!
« Last Edit: Today at 02:33:42 AM by glassjawsh » Logged

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2078 on: Today at 09:31:07 AM »

Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright

I just finished chapter 4 last night. Holy shit.

I thought this game was dark for Professor Layton, now I think it's dark even for PHOENIX WRIGHT. Like, I'd be weary of recommending the game to little kids for fear of it giving them nightmares. The end of chapter 4 was really INTENSE. I got choked up, I held my breath, I got choked up again, and then I kind of wanted to scream at the game. It was certainly a wild ride.

It's actually made me realize why I've stopped putting story above gameplay this year. It's because I had given up. It has been SO long since I've played a game with a truly great story, but PL vs. PW really nails it on story.

I also want to echo Dice about how great the music is. Not only is the music excellent, but there's a huge amount of it. Especially in the trials.
Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2079 on: Today at 10:23:15 AM »

Is that actually true?  They seem about the same to me...

Of course scouting gives you a shot at URs, but those are extra rare.

I watched a Youtube video whereas a guy would sort his idols by stats (S/C/C) and the event SRs would always be lower than his SRs (all max level).
From what I got (speaking Japanese) he was calling his event SRs junk.

Song Reward - #20729: Emma (can idolize her now, cool)
Event Reward - #14551: 2 love gems

I need better idols since I could only "B" the song on hard =/
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2080 on: Today at 11:52:45 AM »

Lunar: SSH...

Argh.  I never liked the old style games (I have a thing against explicitly or very 'classic'-styled games).  But I think the PSP version might be worth me checking out one day.  I kinda miss parts of it.

Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright

I just finished chapter 4 last night. Holy shit.

I thought this game was dark for Professor Layton, now I think it's dark even for PHOENIX WRIGHT. Like, I'd be weary of recommending the game to little kids for fear of it giving them nightmares. The end of chapter 4 was really INTENSE. I got choked up, I held my breath, I got choked up again, and then I kind of wanted to scream at the game. It was certainly a wild ride.

It's actually made me realize why I've stopped putting story above gameplay this year. It's because I had given up. It has been SO long since I've played a game with a truly great story, but PL vs. PW really nails it on story.

I also want to echo Dice about how great the music is. Not only is the music excellent, but there's a huge amount of it. Especially in the trials.

I'm sad that I really put this on the back burner (won't lie, court trials kinda burn me out, they're pretty long and I get so annoyed losing 'points' because I present right evidence at the wrong-freaking-statement).  That and between my LP of FF7 and getting distracted by Theatrhythm (for some reason; not like I can beat most Ultimate Level stages without taking oodles of damage).... Poor Prof Layton.  MUST PLAY AGAIN.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: