Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 18, 2014, 11:58:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331577 Posts in 13576 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  A Game Journal Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] Print
Author Topic: A Game Journal Reborn  (Read 52175 times)
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1890 on: September 17, 2014, 04:14:43 PM »

Up to 6,000 Rhythmia in Curtain Call.

- I still suck terribly at the timing in the Event songs, and I have no idea why.

-I also kind of find it easier to do well with music I've never heard (like from Type-0) or music I've always ignored in the game (like FFX-2), which I guess makes sense since I'm paying more attention to the prompts than the music.

- I really like that they not only increased the number of characters and tracks, but the number of backgrounds as well. In fact, I don't think I can recall so far two songs that used the same background.

- I had a quest that ended with "Under the Weight" from FFXIV and couldn't help spending the entire session thinking of stupid jokes like "If I fail this, can I blame lag? And once I get enough practice and can do it really well, can I start charging people to help them clear it?"

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1891 on: September 17, 2014, 04:27:15 PM »

Another person playing Theatrhythm. Loving it so far. My only complaint is that changing character abilities is a bit clunky.

A Medley Quest just gave me an Ultimate song to complete. My heart can't take that kind of pressure and pure panic that goes with them. Thankfully it was an FMS so I was able to manage it. Don't think I am at the level to do an Ultimate BMS. I have a similar problem to Klutz where Event songs just are not my thing and when I say that, I mean that I suck at them.

Jumped up to Pro League in Everybody's Golf.

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1892 on: September 17, 2014, 08:36:05 PM »

By the way, for those of you playing Theatrhythm, here's the codes from the back of the Type-0 Collectacards to get a free one in-game:

Rem = "MP not an issue"
Machina = "Never skips class"
Ace = "Loves chocobos"

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1893 on: September 17, 2014, 11:45:24 PM »

Sudoku 3 - Got some characters in Alma Kinnan and started on Geddo ch. 3, where I did some trading and took out an optional boss. I have like 40 grand worth of crystal balls but no access to Duckburg. Salt and Ancient Texts I have should go for a lot in VDZ though. Thing I have enough money to get sword guy.

No access to Kuput Forest either I really need to get crabs >:(

--- edit ---

Okay I guess I can get those in the zexen forest. Also apparently I missed a dog on Hei-Tou somehow.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 11:53:02 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1894 on: Today at 01:45:42 AM »

Played more Dragon Quest 8 this morning, only to get distracted and spent way too much time with a F2P MOBA on the iPad in the evening. I have to say, I'm really liking Fates Forever. It feels just as good as League, but offers bots so new people like me have something to practice on. And the bots aren't half bad, either. Not great - I'm convinced they just buy basic armor and never upgrade, if they buy any items at all. But still, they do enough to keep things flowing. I played the game for 3 straight hours and only stopped because my battery was getting low. My only complaint is that it obviously doesn't offer as much content as League, instead hiding most of the characters behind a paywall. You can buy them with in-game money, though, and they offer sales every week. They only have a little over a dozen characters right now, so if you keep playing, it won't take long to unlock everyone, especially since they offer daily challenges to help things along. If anything, it forces people to learn their characters before moving on to someone else.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1895 on: Today at 06:49:46 AM »

Beat Infamous First Light last night. Currently debating on whether or not I want to platinum it. I mean I do want the platinum as that woul be my 49th platinum meaning when I platinum Arno Surge, that will be my 50th. But then I'll have to master the arenas, and I just don't know if I care enough for that. I probably should just try and get some more power upgrades and see if they help make the arenas any easier. >.>
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: