Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2014, 06:10:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331816 Posts in 13586 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 724 725 [726] 727 728 ... 886 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 690806 times)
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10875 on: October 01, 2013, 03:00:20 AM »

Got a "smartphone" for the first time. Seems like a bit much.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10876 on: October 01, 2013, 04:12:48 AM »

I put on a 3xl tshirt today, and it wasn't tight....well aside from the shoulders.

Progress!

TASTY!
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10877 on: October 01, 2013, 03:52:30 PM »

Went to the Gap and went crazy since I had a coupon for 30% off.  Grabbed 20 shirts before I looked at my coupon and saw it wasn't valid until Thursday.  What sucks is that I wear an xs and they only had one shirt in my size for all the different styles. When I go back in 2 days they might not even have my size.  But I couldn't buy $200 worth of stuff without the coupon.  It could have been even more since I wasn't even done shopping.  I still hadn't hit the men's side for my bf.  If I found as much for him then hat would be like $400.  I don't know if any of you do this but I relate prices to video games.  I was like that's a price of a ps4.  What's more important: clothes or a console?   You don't even need clothes to play video games!  (I'm kidding of course.)

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10878 on: October 01, 2013, 04:01:35 PM »

I just buy whatever clothes wal mart has on sale for like 10 dollars.

then again I haven't bought new shirts since like, college.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10879 on: October 01, 2013, 04:15:31 PM »

I only buy what I need and mostly get stuff from the sales rack or used. 100 boots that are 75% off? The perfect cashmere and angora sweater for 14? Awesome. And sometimes I find really nice used clothes on sale.

What sucks is that I wear an xs and they only had one shirt in my size for all the different styles.

I feel your pain. Whenever I want something that's actually new and full price, they rarely have my size. Some brands even rarely have anything smaller than M.
ultra7k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10880 on: October 01, 2013, 04:24:29 PM »

was just reading the PSN update notes....WE CAN NOW HIDE TROPHIES from view.

Finally, I can get rid of those horrid 0% games on my trophies list. I know Xbox has had this feature for a while now, I'm glad it's made it's way to PSN.
unsmashable_pumpkin

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10881 on: October 01, 2013, 04:47:25 PM »

What sucks is that I wear an xs and they only had one shirt in my size for all the different styles.

I feel your pain. Whenever I want something that's actually new and full price, they rarely have my size. Some brands even rarely have anything smaller than M.

Stuff like that must really vary between locations. Where I've lived, finding clothes in size xs is generally quite straightforward, and topshop has its own "petite" line. The sales rack only has  humongous sizes, but there's usually only really fugly clothes there anyway, so no big loss.

I got back from uni-graduation ceremony and I must say the last few days pretty much encapsulated the last few years quite succintly. Nothing says tradition like a really long ceremony in latin, adorned in a giant polyester and fake-fur monstrosity. Didn't even get the actual diploma. *sigh*
Also managed to face-plant in the high-street, and received a slightly stalkery (but flattering, i suppose) confession of love from a total stranger.   
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10882 on: October 01, 2013, 05:53:07 PM »

I live in a state that routinely falls into the top 10 list  for fattest state.  Obesity rate here last year was round 30%.   I find it is really hard to find petite sizes here.  To get them you have to buy them new.  They are all gone by the time sales come.  They have store for plus size women here.  I remember I went shopping with a friend at one and was told by a customer that I shouldn't be there and needed to leave. 

Oh, has anyone noticed that sizes have gotten bigger as America does?  I know Gap has altered the sizes.  I wear a size 0 or 2  in pants but I have size 4 pants from decades ago I can't squeeze into.  I used to wear medium shirts but now it's xs.

Unsmashable pumpkin - congrats on graduating.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 06:01:28 PM by CluelessWonder » Logged

Currently Reading: 

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10883 on: October 01, 2013, 06:43:08 PM »

I'm getting raped by some of my readings.  Holy fuck I hate social philosophy of any sort and any author whose writing is nothing short of turgid and verbose can kiss my ass -- they alienate their own goddamn readings this way.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10884 on: October 01, 2013, 07:30:56 PM »

I don't think I personally know a woman who is a size extra small. This concept scares me....

On a side note, I know clothing gets more expensive when it gets to larger sizes, but do you get rebates when you get to smaller sizes?

TASTY!
Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #10885 on: October 01, 2013, 07:33:40 PM »

Stuff like that must really vary between locations. Where I've lived, finding clothes in size xs is generally quite straightforward, and topshop has its own "petite" line. The sales rack only has  humongous sizes, but there's usually only really fugly clothes there anyway, so no big loss.

I got back from uni-graduation ceremony and I must say the last few days pretty much encapsulated the last few years quite succintly. Nothing says tradition like a really long ceremony in latin, adorned in a giant polyester and fake-fur monstrosity. Didn't even get the actual diploma. *sigh*
Also managed to face-plant in the high-street, and received a slightly stalkery (but flattering, i suppose) confession of love from a total stranger.   

Congrats on graduation! I didn't get my Diploma till I think somewhere in August I believe? Takes a while... :)

In other news, Looking for a full time job to get me through while I wait for the University of New Hampshire. I didn't receive any financial assistance from the dept., so I'm hoping they have something for me Fall of 2014. It's a huge bummer, because I was super excited to take classes and start my Masters...

Until then, gotta make mo money.

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10886 on: October 01, 2013, 08:02:56 PM »

I don't think I personally know a woman who is a size extra small. This concept scares me....

On a side note, I know clothing gets more expensive when it gets to larger sizes, but do you get rebates when you get to smaller sizes?

That's the thing, I don't think I'm really that small/skinny.  It's the Gap's resizing.  I probably wear a large at Abercrombie.  Also no discount. 

Currently Reading: 

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10887 on: October 01, 2013, 09:15:30 PM »

Well you must be fairly small or fit, because abercrombie doesn't have sizes for the rest of america.

I'm almost getting annoyed at the constant compliments of looking like I have lost a lot of weight. I actually put on 5 pounds from my last gym visit (365 again), so it's getting a bit counterproductive in my eyes. It's sort of feeling like people are mentioning it because I am gaining weight again, and they think I may be in a slump or something. Idk, I may be overthinking it...

TASTY!
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10888 on: October 01, 2013, 09:41:34 PM »

Best friend's daughter died couple of days ago...she was 26...man....bummed is an understatement

Everything's Eventual
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10889 on: October 01, 2013, 09:49:09 PM »

Best friend's daughter died couple of days ago...she was 26...man....bummed is an understatement

You're the third person I've heard say something like that in just as many days :|

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Pages: 1 ... 724 725 [726] 727 728 ... 886 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: