Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 23, 2014, 11:35:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327221 Posts in 13398 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 747 748 [749] 750 751 ... 869 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 637543 times)
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11220 on: November 14, 2013, 11:37:53 PM »

Holy shit, I have a date for my PhD thesis defense.

What the fuck am I going to do when I graduate?  I've been a grad student so long I've forgotten how to interact with the real world.  I'm institutionalized!

Reminds me of Shawshank Redemption.

Get it do, pal.  (edit: meant to say get it done, pal. But I like GET IT DO better)

Friends are easy to make. I love talking to people and learning about them. I mean take Akanbe- for instance. Unforgettable conversations during our playthrough of Army of Two and Saints Row Three! I found his talk about his job (paralegal) to be fascinating and his kids Jenna and Steve sound like delights.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11221 on: November 14, 2013, 11:47:36 PM »

Holy shit, I have a date for my PhD thesis defense.

What the fuck am I going to do when I graduate?  I've been a grad student so long I've forgotten how to interact with the real world.  I'm institutionalized!

Reminds me of Shawshank Redemption.

I think that was the joke. 

Take her breath away and take her on a trip to....zihuatanejo

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11222 on: November 14, 2013, 11:49:14 PM »

I am not social myself.  I've had different groups of friends through life, but I'm really bad about keeping in touch. 

All of the people I consider friends that I do periodically keep in touch with are men.  This may sound weird, but I feel like I have more in common with them.  I remember going to store with a group of friends.  I ended up in the electronics department with the guy while the girls went to look at purses. 
Also having been burned in the past, I have trust issues.  I find women to be more catty and likely to talk about you behind your back.  Yes this is an unfair generalization and I don't think all women are like this.

Plus I like to keep to myself and play games or read a book.  My boyfriend is enough of a social life for me.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11223 on: November 14, 2013, 11:54:35 PM »

I SHOULD BUY A FUCKING HOUSE AND SOME COLLIES.

--- edit ---

VEGAN POPTARTS WOULD ALSO BE NICE RIGHT NOW.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 01:27:47 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11224 on: November 15, 2013, 10:38:51 AM »

Dog sitting again.

Ya'll are gonna have a lot of me, because there is literally nothing to do here.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11225 on: November 15, 2013, 11:20:49 AM »

Friends are easy to make.

For you.

Let me be clear-I have no problem going out and interacting with people. Finding good friends though is hard. I am normally not the type to care but it gets a bit depressing when you think people are friends, but they end up only being acquaintances. When you would gladly do things for them, but then they have excuse after excuse, or don't even respond, when you need help.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11226 on: November 15, 2013, 11:27:04 AM »

I'll be your friend.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11227 on: November 15, 2013, 11:40:38 AM »

Friends are easy to make.

For you.

Let me be clear-I have no problem going out and interacting with people. Finding good friends though is hard. I am normally not the type to care but it gets a bit depressing when you think people are friends, but they end up only being acquaintances. When you would gladly do things for them, but then they have excuse after excuse, or don't even respond, when you need help.

Dagger took the words out of my mouth.  I read once:
"A good friend helps you move, a *best* friend helps you move.... a body".

I've got like 20 friends in that case, but really few I would want to talk privately with or be able to spout out whatever garbage comes to my head freely.

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11228 on: November 15, 2013, 11:43:13 AM »

I only ever really had one good friend, but he got a girlfriend a few months ago and I haven't seen him since. So, I can understand what Dagger means.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11229 on: November 15, 2013, 04:44:45 PM »

Friends are easy to make. I love talking to people and learning about them. I mean take Akanbe- for instance. Unforgettable conversations during our playthrough of Army of Two and Saints Row Three! I found his talk about his job (paralegal) to be fascinating and his kids Jenna and Steve sound like delights.

I must concur... I share yoda's fascination with other people. One of my favorite parts about being a tattoo artist is getting so personally acquainted with so many different people. It really gives me an opportunity to get a very personal insight into someones life in a very brief period of time. You'd be amazed at how people open up to you whilst endorphins are coursing through their veins while they  endure the act of getting tattooed.

Now, while a lot of my clients qualify as friends, at the end of the day true friends are indeed a rarity for me. I've only had 4 people who come to mind as true companions in life, none of which are in the picture (regretfully so) at present. If you've got someone in your life with whom you feel you have that caliber of connection with, best keep em around. Take it from a lonely bastard like me! LoL

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11230 on: November 15, 2013, 07:15:03 PM »

I don't understand the whole 'difficult to make friends' thing. I used to be an introvert among introverts and I was able to make enough friends. After certain events I've had to learn how to get a bead on and read people, so it's even easier now, and I couldn't imagine my life without some of my friends. I mean sure, I have the means to remain self-sufficient and never socialize with anyone other than through my computer, but where's the fun in that?

MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11231 on: November 15, 2013, 07:34:21 PM »

Dog sitting again.

Ya'll are gonna have a lot of me, because there is literally nothing to do here.

OMG! DOGS DOGS DOGS DOGS DOGS DOGS DOGS DOGS!

Oh by the way I just had the best idea

--- edit ---

So I check the tracking information on Little King Story and I see this: "Notice Left"

Bitch y'all didn't leave no notice.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 08:34:54 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not dream o/`

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11232 on: November 15, 2013, 09:20:35 PM »

I feel like screaming and crying a little.  But since it does nothing and I can't do anything about it....

My laptop that I got in Setpember died.  It's only a year old, but it was virtually unused till that September. 

All my school stuff.  I can't get any of it with two weeks left of school....

The hard disc crashed and nothing i do is making it better.  I can only pray maybe I can still get it off somehow.  Or I will probably cry a bit.

MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11233 on: November 15, 2013, 09:23:23 PM »

Dice, if it still boots, you could make an Ubuntu Live CD, boot that, and try to mount your hard drive.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/LiveCD

If you can mount your harddrive, you could probably back stuff up to a USB drive via Ubuntu, then.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11234 on: November 15, 2013, 09:35:52 PM »

Dice, if it still boots, you could make an Ubuntu Live CD, boot that, and try to mount your hard drive.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/LiveCD

If you can mount your harddrive, you could probably back stuff up to a USB drive via Ubuntu, then.

I'm not gonna give up hope yet, I'm gonna see if there's any way to back it up, so a big-big thanks for the link!!

Pages: 1 ... 747 748 [749] 750 751 ... 869 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: