Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 01, 2014, 03:39:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335315 Posts in 13729 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 756 757 [758] 759 760 ... 900 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 726771 times)
unsmashable_pumpkin

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11355 on: December 07, 2013, 07:38:56 PM »

Why is is 3 hours long...why...

God only knows...

Game of thrones + telltale. Leaked before the show, but I am really pleased it's actually real. The borderlands announcement made me scared it wasn't. Those guys sure are busy these days, but as long as the games maintain the quality, I'm not complaining.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11356 on: December 07, 2013, 08:36:34 PM »

So apparently it's a shitty music show now...is that why it's 3 hours long?

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11357 on: December 07, 2013, 09:27:02 PM »

If it's so bad, why watch it? Turn it off and walk away.
I'm excited about Telltale making a GoT game, though.

My wife's marathon in Memphis was cancelled due to bad weather. She's pretty pissed about it. Paid for 2 nights in a hotel. meals, gas, etc. Plus, all that time. On the positive side she got to hang out with friends for a couple days, so it's not that bad really.
She's home early, so we might go see Frozen tomorrow.

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11358 on: December 07, 2013, 09:28:49 PM »

If it's so bad, why watch it? Turn it off and walk away.

I did!

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11359 on: December 08, 2013, 01:01:53 AM »

I currently work 3 days a week and on thursday I'm going to take a "sick day" (cough cough) to sign a conditional offer of employment for the Chicago Fire Department

I'm doing ok
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11360 on: December 08, 2013, 01:48:56 PM »

K-Cups are like the embodiment of everything wrong with America. Great idea guys, let's spend extra money and generate extra trash so we an brew really crappy, stale coffee in a machine that has a brew time comparable to a french press despite costing four times as much!

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11361 on: December 08, 2013, 02:09:08 PM »

My left earphone has suddenly stopped working. It is a sad day for Darilon :(

My own fault for buying cheap ones but I get them caught in door handles(bane of my existance) often enough that I prefer playing safe and buying cheap. I hate that you can slowly feel them die on you. First stage has you twisting the wire slightly until you can hear from both. Stage two leaves you with only one side working and stage three leaves you with the horror of silence.

Elegance

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11362 on: December 08, 2013, 03:43:06 PM »

I know the feeling.  I also buy cheap ones, but have had these last the longest for me.  I've had two pairs of those for two years now and no problems so far.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11363 on: December 08, 2013, 03:48:21 PM »

I know I like to play the "I don't like/care about narrative in games" card, and then usually explain it as either being because video games have bad writing, or because I don't have the patience to sit through non-interactive bits in an interactive medium, but in reality I think my inability to enjoy storytelling is maybe symptomatic of a broader antipathy towards communication as a whole.

In theory there's nothing really stopping me from playing a game for the story and not the gameplay in situations where the gameplay's not really obnoxious or anything.

Or maybe I've just learned to hate video game stories and refuse to play them for the narrative out of some pretentious bullshit to make me feel better than everyone else. I don't know.

My left earphone has suddenly stopped working. It is a sad day for Darilon :(

My own fault for buying cheap ones but I get them caught in door handles(bane of my existance) often enough that I prefer playing safe and buying cheap. I hate that you can slowly feel them die on you. First stage has you twisting the wire slightly until you can hear from both. Stage two leaves you with only one side working and stage three leaves you with the horror of silence.

I don't think paying more is going to make your headphones/earbuds more resilient to breakage. I wrecked a $70ish pair of Sennheisers about two or three months after I got them when I accidentally yanked the cord out of my laptop and bent the jack.

So basically now I just stick to the 20 dollar Sony earbuds I've had for like two years because the Sennheisers didn't really sound any better anyway and weren't comfortable.

--- edit ---

And then I stumbled onto the Amazon store page for Jorvet J0109 J-Lube Obstetrics Lubric Powder for Pets, 10-Ounce.

EVERYTHING IS WONDERFUL.

--- edit2 ---

http://www.packworld.com/package-type/bagspouches/shelf-doritos-gamer-packs-function-multiple-levels

I'm adding packworld.com to the list I have the Jorvet on, and adding the Doritos boxbag to the list I have k-cups on.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 01:02:30 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11364 on: December 09, 2013, 01:09:36 AM »

My parents smoke cigs like crazy, and my upstairs vent sits right on top of where the puff away, so when the vent goes on I get a big stinky cloud of smoke from below.  it smells bad and it's really distracting.

So I took from a page of some pot-smoking buds who put a dryer sheet over a those paper towel cardboard tubes, but instead I put it over the vent and now it smells like fresh laundry in my room!

Also saw Les Miserables today.  It's brilliant: The music is so lovely.
Then I ate ramen.

It was a good day.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Elegance

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11365 on: December 09, 2013, 02:13:11 AM »

I know I like to play the "I don't like/care about narrative in games" card, and then usually explain it as either being because video games have bad writing, or because I don't have the patience to sit through non-interactive bits in an interactive medium, but in reality I think my inability to enjoy storytelling is maybe symptomatic of a broader antipathy towards communication as a whole.

In theory there's nothing really stopping me from playing a game for the story and not the gameplay in situations where the gameplay's not really obnoxious or anything.

Or maybe I've just learned to hate video game stories and refuse to play them for the narrative out of some pretentious bullshit to make me feel better than everyone else. I don't know.

I find myself enjoying game narrative the most when that's the main focus.  When a game has excellent gameplay I find it difficult to get engrossed in another part of it, even if they seamlessly blend the two.  It's why I love the infamous second disc of Xenogears, or the reduction and simplicity in "gameplay" in the new Ace Attorney.  I just can't get myself to enjoy both equally, but it greatly differs per game.
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11366 on: December 09, 2013, 05:09:21 PM »

So I ordered Talles of Xillia almost two months ago. Because of my move it somehow did not immediately get forwarded. It did, eventually, find it's way to me today...and karma is wonderful, I received the Limited Edition, SCORE!

Everything's Eventual
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #11367 on: December 09, 2013, 05:52:32 PM »

Bought Xillia on Black Friday for $20. Last copy at the store and it was the LE.

I should play it.

My earbuds (sennheiser) have lasted me months which is impressive. Now that I've said that, they will die.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
ultra7k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11368 on: December 09, 2013, 06:02:32 PM »

Traded in the center piece in my fiancee's engagement ring for when I take to Korea to give to her in January...upgrade in size and quality...>_> there goes my money...but, it is a once in a life time thing, and money can always be earned back!
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11369 on: December 09, 2013, 06:36:08 PM »

My earbuds (sennheiser) have lasted me months which is impressive. Now that I've said that, they will die.

Sennheiser actually has a really nice warranty.  I've sent in earbuds that were almost 2 years old for free replacement...and got a newer model, too, since they didn't make the model I had anymore.

Pages: 1 ... 756 757 [758] 759 760 ... 900 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: