Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 28, 2015, 08:49:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Check out the latest RPG news!
362635 Posts in 14719 Topics by 2285 Members
Latest Member: Moseng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 758 759 [760] 761 762 ... 1001 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 968382 times)
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11385 on: December 11, 2013, 06:30:54 PM »

I've never had sushi.  It scares me.

Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11386 on: December 11, 2013, 06:33:25 PM »

Never been to an all you can eat place before. We have them but none are that close to me.

Haven't had sushi either although now that I think about it, I think salmon and cod are the only types of seafood I have eaten. I really need to try new food.

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11387 on: December 11, 2013, 06:39:03 PM »

"All You Can Eat Pasta"?

More like "Stomach Rupture Night"

kyuusei
The Final Final Witness
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11388 on: December 11, 2013, 06:45:34 PM »

Only thing I can 'All You Can Eat' is chicken wings. The idea of all you can eat sushi, or pasta, or anything carb heavy is kind of daunting.

I love seafood though. Salmon is my favourite probably 'cause of where I live.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11389 on: December 11, 2013, 07:12:23 PM »

It's funny, the only all you can eat type places I've been too are always asian food (chinese, sushi, thai once....), and those are generally not so all you can eat friendly. I mean how much rice can you really eat before you just feel awful. I would love to try an all you can eat chicken wings or grilled meat type thing.

I've always wanted to try one of those "eat x item in y amount of time" contests while we're on tbe subject of excessive eating. I keep swearing one year I'll try to participate in Nathan's hot dog eating contest...then I remember I'm fat and participating would be counterproductive to losing weight...but I still wanna try deep down.

TASTY!
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11390 on: December 11, 2013, 07:26:07 PM »

I went to a Brazilian place for my birthday back in October, and it was awesome. They come around with different kinds of bbq meats and you eat your fill.

Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11391 on: December 11, 2013, 09:10:02 PM »

Hello, this is future me and yes I hate myself.

It's even worst because I had to finish stuff others couldn't when I was already way too full.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11392 on: December 11, 2013, 09:11:18 PM »

Quick everyone! Prod his tummy!

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11393 on: December 11, 2013, 09:17:38 PM »

It's moist rice rolled up in moist seaweed and then they put other moist things in it.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11394 on: December 11, 2013, 11:35:02 PM »

Me neither. same reason.
Raw fish just sounds gross to me.
I don't eat a lot of seafood. My favorite is definitely Tuna, followed by Salmon. Both are awesome fresh, and on the grill.

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: The Backyard Parables
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11395 on: December 11, 2013, 11:40:27 PM »

I love sushi, but one of the strangest (and best surprise) meals I ever had was dinner at an Ethiopian restaurant. Little Lady and I went there for my birthday one year and everything was awesome!

Everything's Eventual
Yoda
Fear is the Mind Killer

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11396 on: December 12, 2013, 12:21:18 AM »

It's funny, the only all you can eat type places I've been too are always asian food (chinese, sushi, thai once....), and those are generally not so all you can eat friendly. I mean how much rice can you really eat before you just feel awful. I would love to try an all you can eat chicken wings or grilled meat type thing.

I've always wanted to try one of those "eat x item in y amount of time" contests while we're on tbe subject of excessive eating. I keep swearing one year I'll try to participate in Nathan's hot dog eating contest...then I remember I'm fat and participating would be counterproductive to losing weight...but I still wanna try deep down.

Brazilian Steak places are typically all you can eat. And why are you wasting room on rice? Anyway. Rice is awesome.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11397 on: December 12, 2013, 03:25:09 AM »

I like salads, I guess? But my absolute favourite place to pig out is the breakfast buffet at the Koningshof-hotel. They've got pretty much everything you want (and everything you didn't know you wanted). From apple pie to yogurt and everything in between. Since that meal has to last us a whole day most of us go for thirds or even fourths.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11398 on: December 12, 2013, 03:33:03 AM »

I love sushi.  In fact that was the one food I was craving and missed most during chemo/radiation.  Since chemo makes you immuno-compromised for a time, raw foods are banned.

The one all you can eat buffet I do go to is an Indian one.  I always fill up on the yummy vegetarian dishes and have no room for the ones with meat.  I think I need to revise my strategy.

Bytor - Funny you mention Ethiopian food.  This past weekend I was looking up recipes for a potluck and saw one for an Ethiopian cabbage dish.  It reallymade me want to try that cuisine.  Unfortunately there are no Ethiopian resturants here.  :(

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11399 on: December 12, 2013, 10:47:12 AM »

Can't believe I somehow slept in until 10:30. I guess it's not a bad thing if I want to stay up until 3am to catch the midnight premiere of The Hobbit, but it still leaves very little room for the things I wanted to get done today.

Also, I haven't had Lebanese food since I was 12, but I still remember to this day just how delicious it was.
Pages: 1 ... 758 759 [760] 761 762 ... 1001 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: