Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2014, 06:46:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319062 Posts in 13031 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 763 764 [765] 766 767 ... 834 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 588996 times)
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11460 on: December 19, 2013, 11:44:32 AM »

So since only one person here really knows anyone at my work, and I know Dagg is a fucking vault....

I got the job I was REALLY hoping for. I'm fucking SO STOKED.

Now to deal with the next 5 weeks before I'm released from training to the new venture.
Awesome! Sooooo Whatchadoin'?

I'm working for a department that does a lot of internal consulting on training and identifying problematic processes and work with big-fancy-titled people on how they can fix their stuff.

Sounds super boring, but it's actually really cool HOW they do it.

If any of you are familiar with LEAN (or Kaizen) this is what I'm kinda talking about.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Klyde Chroma
Fruity Ninja

I believe in the Boss!!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11461 on: December 19, 2013, 04:15:21 PM »

Yes, best wishes, even minor surgery terrifies me, one of my phobias I guess

I agree. I don't even like getting a tooth drilled, and if I can I will always opt to go without numbing agents.

@Dagger/ I believe today was/is your "day". I too, wish you only the best of luck and an uber-quick recovery. You are in my prayers, friend.

And now for something completely different....

Meet GOLDAR!!!!
(of no relation or association to the Goldar from the Power Rangers, this guy is MUCH tougher and intellectually far superior)

@ Dagger (again)/ Goldar also wishes you well! (He told me he'd cut my gizzard if I didn't relay the message)

EDIT

Goldar and the Crystal Knight are buddies by the way.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 04:17:40 PM by Klyde Chroma » Logged

Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11462 on: December 19, 2013, 07:48:28 PM »

Thanks folks. I survived so no one needs to come delete my browser history. I actually feel a lot better than expected and I was wide awake after only about 1 hour.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11463 on: December 19, 2013, 08:31:06 PM »

No matter how awful you feel don't... and I mean DO NOT take Aspirin. I made that mistake after a gastrointestinal thing and there are no words for how much I regretted that.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11464 on: December 20, 2013, 10:08:01 AM »

No matter how awful you feel don't... and I mean DO NOT take Aspirin. I made that mistake after a gastrointestinal thing and there are no words for how much I regretted that.

They gave me percocet and ibuprofen. I won't take the former unless absolutely necessary.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11465 on: December 20, 2013, 12:47:16 PM »

4 200 miligram ibuprofin tablets is about as effectivr pain relief as a single 200 mg vicodin according to my last doctor, so that was usually what I took when I had some pain to deal with relating to an injury. Dagg man, hope you're up and running soon dude, and enjoy your next couple days of beautifum gaming.

TASTY!
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11466 on: December 20, 2013, 02:18:16 PM »

4 200 miligram ibuprofin tablets is about as effectivr pain relief as a single 200 mg vicodin according to my last doctor, so that was usually what I took when I had some pain to deal with relating to an injury. Dagg man, hope you're up and running soon dude, and enjoy your next couple days of beautifum gaming.

Vicodin isn't dosed that way but we get ya

Klyde Chroma
Fruity Ninja

I believe in the Boss!!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11467 on: December 20, 2013, 02:31:58 PM »

They gave me percocet and ibuprofen. I won't take the former unless absolutely necessary.

Good call man! Let me tell ya what, percs were my first love. Its been well over half a decade since last we met but at a moments notice I can recall their "flavor" like it was yesterday. That is, without a doubt, an uber-effective med for many... Whilst for others such as myself, it is best avoided. Taking opiate based painkillers will result in a consequential "down" once meds are ceased regardless of your tendency toward addiction though. In other words, once chemical dependency begins with regular dosage (doesn't take long) no matter WHO you are, you will be cranky without them for a spell.

Long and the short of it... I salute your decision sir.

Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11468 on: December 20, 2013, 02:54:02 PM »

Sneezing is the worst feeling on earth.

I am doing well though. Glad that I haven't needed much pain management. I took one Ibuprofen 600 and I am feeling alright. Except when I sneeze.

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11469 on: December 20, 2013, 04:58:18 PM »

I think my Vita charging cable is dying.  It's extremely finicky about when it actually makes a connection.  Which makes me extra annoyed that they used a stupid proprietary cable because if it was just microUSB I have a ton of them lying around...

$11 for a new cable on Amazon!  Just the USB<->Vita cable, not the AC adapter or anything.  That's ridiculous...
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 05:01:00 PM by Kevadu » Logged

(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11470 on: December 20, 2013, 10:58:53 PM »

Is anyone else getting the League of Angels ads? I hope so, cause they're the best ads.
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11471 on: December 21, 2013, 08:05:01 AM »

Going to attempt the twelve pubs of Christmas on Monday with some friends. Kind of looking forward to it. Haven't seen some of these people in a long time.

Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11472 on: December 21, 2013, 09:50:30 AM »

Is anyone else getting the League of Angels ads? I hope so, cause they're the best ads.

Nah, the ads I get are just trying to sell me half-naked Asuna figures and hook me up with Russian women.
ZshadeZ

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11473 on: December 22, 2013, 02:59:41 AM »

So I manage a thrift shop, and one of our charities brought a truck that had a bunch of clothes and some other things... including projectors. I didn't touch them and let them be priced and put out while I was off, figuring they were old/dead.

Come back after 2 days off to find them priced at $25, and got curious. Turns out they're NEC WT610 models, which do 720p/1080i. Perfectly good bulbs. Bought one to play with and then picked up a screen at Microcenter for $60. For a total investment of $90 including tax and DVI cable I now have my original 26" monitor, and a 86" 1600x900x60 projection on the wall behind it that I also hooked my PS3 up to.

Shiny as hell. It's almost like Christmas. :D
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11474 on: December 22, 2013, 10:26:25 AM »

Going to attempt the twelve pubs of Christmas on Monday with some friends. Kind of looking forward to it. Haven't seen some of these people in a long time.

I hate meeting up with people that I used to be friends with and finding out that like half of them have died, and then you get kicked out of Olive Garden and the cops show up and that one guy you barely know keeps trying to hand YOU the shovel.

Microcenter

omgomgomgomgomgomgomg I live like a mile away from the original* Microcenter it is one of my favoritest places it's like a magical little theme park for nerds.

« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 10:30:32 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Pages: 1 ... 763 764 [765] 766 767 ... 834 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: