Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 26, 2014, 08:58:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338541 Posts in 13857 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 801 802 [803] 804 805 ... 910 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 743486 times)
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12030 on: February 28, 2014, 07:32:10 PM »

can you actually spoil a kid that thinks a small plastic bag is the best thing ever?

Yes. Upgrade 'em to THIS:

Anyway, wrt toys, I... need to grow up and starting having adult interests and adult hobbies. What do adults do for fun? Heroin?

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12031 on: February 28, 2014, 08:09:56 PM »

can you actually spoil a kid that thinks a small plastic bag is the best thing ever?

Yes. Upgrade 'em to THIS:

Anyway, wrt toys, I... need to grow up and starting having adult interests and adult hobbies. What do adults do for fun? Heroin?

I don't know, really. I garden, play games, watch movies, and read. No heroin involved. Maybe I'm not an adult? I'm cool with that.

Oh, Dice, thanks for the pic! Nan loves Warner Brothers cartoons, and that crazy cat chasing skunk.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 08:11:47 PM by GrimReality » Logged

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: Mistbron#3: Hero of Ages
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12032 on: February 28, 2014, 11:56:42 PM »

listening to songs from Mystic Ninja Starring Goemon. Life is good.

I love how this is *obviously* an anime opening.  It's got all the shots and camera pans down to tell us that -- just with crummy N64 graphics.

On that note, the game had *awesome* music.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
solidbatman
Zetsubou Sensei

The real me exists on the internet!

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #12033 on: March 01, 2014, 01:54:24 AM »

I just wrapped up Rin2 in Little Busters! and can finally say I'm mildly enjoying this VN. The other routes ranged from "meh" to horrible (mainly Mio's and Kurugaya's) but Rin2 surprised me with a really strong focus and solid writing. I'm excited to read Refrain now.

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12034 on: March 01, 2014, 02:10:21 AM »

listening to songs from Mystic Ninja Starring Goemon. Life is good.

I love how this is *obviously* an anime opening.  It's got all the shots and camera pans down to tell us that -- just with crummy N64 graphics.

On that note, the game had *awesome* music.

Revelant:

http://www.animutationportal.com/modules/debaser/getfile.php?id=137

--- edit ---

That shouldn't have anything NSFW in it but I can't totally remember so just, up-heads.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 12:08:05 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12035 on: March 03, 2014, 04:31:31 AM »

Watched the Oscars and noticed that during the In Memoriam section, they played music from Somewhere in Time.  It is one of my favorite cinematic songs.  It got me listening to it on loop while  tearing up since it is so beautiful yet sad.  I kept remembering the movie that had me bawling my eyes out.  Actually most of the romantic movies I love have bittersweet endings with the 2 main characters being apart.  The feels.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12036 on: March 03, 2014, 09:23:38 AM »

I'm just back from swimming.

My everything hurts D: I thought I was getting off easy with picking swimming to get fit.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Elegance

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12037 on: March 03, 2014, 11:36:14 AM »

My everything hurts D: I thought I was getting off easy with picking swimming to get fit.
You couldn't really have picked a better exercise though.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12038 on: March 03, 2014, 11:44:07 AM »

You couldn't really have picked a better exercise though.

Yeah, I really felt like everything was getting worked.

Yes Annubis. Everything. I was like a shark.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12039 on: March 03, 2014, 12:29:11 PM »

Watched the Oscars and noticed that during the In Memoriam section, they played music from Somewhere in Time.  It is one of my favorite cinematic songs.  It got me listening to it on loop while  tearing up since it is so beautiful yet sad.  I kept remembering the movie that had me bawling my eyes out.  Actually most of the romantic movies I love have bittersweet endings with the 2 main characters being apart.  The feels.

The montages usually give me chills and make me want to watch about fifty movies in a row.

dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12040 on: March 04, 2014, 02:46:05 PM »

Right now, I'm trying to get through some hoops in registering for classes. I graduated in December with a bachelors degree in Finance, so there are some dumb rules that I have to get past before I can register for classes again. I'm going back for for an accounting degree, and an advisor told me to get an MAS (Masters of Science in Accountancy) since the school isn't allowed to award me a bachelors in accounting because of dumb rules. However, I already had those intentions anyway.

I wasn't able to obtain an internship for the type of finance positions I wanted, mainly because during my junior year of university, I was preoccupied with trying to enter the military and trying to become an officer (through Officer Training School), but when I found out the low odds of being selected, I was planning to go enlisted and then try to become an officer. However, I later learned that I most likely have gluten intolerance and lactose intolerance (I had several tests for acid reflux disease, but they all came back negative, so my doctor is pretty positive in my condition), so I'll never be able to enter any military branch because I can't eat anything made with gluten without getting a bad case of acid reflux.

Then after I graduated, the only places willing to give me interviews were for financial services positions, which involve selling insurance, financial advising, and investments. I wanted to be a financial analyst instead because I enjoyed my corporate finance and investment courses more, but hey, in this economy, I thought to go with what's available and work hard, hoping to jump fields later if the opportunity arose. Alas, I had to take personality tests and as expected, I don't have the right personality for a salesman (as financial services jobs are essentially sales jobs).

So, an accounting degree should help me because it would help me get a financial analyst position (because contrary to the title, it actually is another accounting job), plus other types of accounting positions, so there's that.

And this is just a few months after bragging that I'll never have to take another stupid test again in school.
Elegance

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12041 on: March 04, 2014, 04:43:54 PM »

Right now, I'm trying to get through some hoops in registering for classes. I graduated in December with a bachelors degree in Finance, so there are some dumb rules that I have to get past before I can register for classes again. I'm going back for for an accounting degree, and an advisor told me to get an MAS (Masters of Science in Accountancy) since the school isn't allowed to award me a bachelors in accounting because of dumb rules. However, I already had those intentions anyway.

I wasn't able to obtain an internship for the type of finance positions I wanted, mainly because during my junior year of university, I was preoccupied with trying to enter the military and trying to become an officer (through Officer Training School), but when I found out the low odds of being selected, I was planning to go enlisted and then try to become an officer. However, I later learned that I most likely have gluten intolerance and lactose intolerance (I had several tests for acid reflux disease, but they all came back negative, so my doctor is pretty positive in my condition), so I'll never be able to enter any military branch because I can't eat anything made with gluten without getting a bad case of acid reflux.

Then after I graduated, the only places willing to give me interviews were for financial services positions, which involve selling insurance, financial advising, and investments. I wanted to be a financial analyst instead because I enjoyed my corporate finance and investment courses more, but hey, in this economy, I thought to go with what's available and work hard, hoping to jump fields later if the opportunity arose. Alas, I had to take personality tests and as expected, I don't have the right personality for a salesman (as financial services jobs are essentially sales jobs).

So, an accounting degree should help me because it would help me get a financial analyst position (because contrary to the title, it actually is another accounting job), plus other types of accounting positions, so there's that.

And this is just a few months after bragging that I'll never have to take another stupid test again in school.
Expect to get bombarded with pressure for taking the CPA exam.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12042 on: March 04, 2014, 08:04:03 PM »

Felt like eating hot dogs.
The grocery had hot dog buns for 3.23$
The grocery had long thin breads for 2.29$

I guess I'm technically eating a wiener sub.

---

Also, to add to something I brought up a while ago: even though my department got cut, I'm still working till late April.
Then they're cutting me for good.

So that's that.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12043 on: March 04, 2014, 09:33:10 PM »

Yeah I'm seriously wanting to just 'quit life' with how goddamn stupid the working market is right now.

If it isn't filled with leaps and bound you have to make, it's almost expected that you're qualified in about 10 different things and have at the very minimum 3-5 years of experience for an entry level job.  Scarier still is how much seems to be moving to contract work or unpaid internships.  It's probably not that bad, but things really don't feel welcoming right now in the working world.

Elegance

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12044 on: March 04, 2014, 09:39:53 PM »

Yeah I'm seriously wanting to just 'quit life' with how goddamn stupid the working market is right now.

If it isn't filled with leaps and bound you have to make, it's almost expected that you're qualified in about 10 different things and have at the very minimum 3-5 years of experience for an entry level job.  Scarier still is how much seems to be moving to contract work or unpaid internships.  It's probably not that bad, but things really don't feel welcoming right now in the working world.

That's why I don't understand why people pursue a risky liberal arts education.  The job market is bleak enough as it is for people with typical office jobs.  Why make it even more difficult for yourself?
Pages: 1 ... 801 802 [803] 804 805 ... 910 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: