Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 24, 2014, 07:16:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327356 Posts in 13404 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 806 807 [808] 809 810 ... 869 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 639536 times)
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12105 on: March 15, 2014, 11:12:43 PM »

I got on the computer to do something productive....and instead I'm just listening to a lot of BoA's older songs.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12106 on: March 16, 2014, 07:49:08 PM »

I made a comment to the effect that everyone on YTMND was completely obnoxious and the website was a waste of time.  A friend of mine just had to prove me wrong:

http://ecstasyofbone.ytmnd.com/

OK, so there's one thing on YTMND that isn't completely obnoxious.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12107 on: March 16, 2014, 07:54:40 PM »

I made a comment to the effect that everyone on YTMND was completely obnoxious and the website was a waste of time.  A friend of mine just had to prove me wrong:

http://snoring.ytmnd.com/  How black people sleep
http://drunkronswanson.com/ Not ytmnd but similar of drunk dancing Rob Swanson from P&P. 

I love these things and i think the internet is a wonderful place. xD

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12108 on: March 16, 2014, 08:04:39 PM »

And now I feel like watching the old Zelda cartoon...
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12109 on: March 16, 2014, 10:15:23 PM »

Lately I've been feeling a lot of regret about where I decided to go to college.

I graduated four years ago. Why do I care?

Actually what I'm thinking about is cities, in general, or maybe more the difference between Ann Arbor and Columbus.

It's a question of distribution and human dynamics.

I wouldn't say Columbus has a strong downtown -- it's improving, it's better from where it was, and a lot of the blight's been cleared out, but it's not a center of warmth/culture/community. It's business. So it's pretty shut down on the weekends except for some restaurants off Gay Street. It's attractive. It's clean. It's not run down. But it's desolate. Although I know they have farmers markets there during the summer, so...

Columbus is centered around High Street. It runs from... somewhere south of the downtown up to Delaware. The main districts that do make up Columbus' core -- the brewery and arena districts, the Short North, OSU, Old Noth, Clintonville, and ostensibly Worthington although that's not incorporate -- are all centered around it, but the problem is that it's... very much just a straight line. There aren't blocks, it's just a linear sprawl.

Comparatively, Ann Arbor has an actual downtown that exists along more than one axis. And that makes it more interesting to walk around? It's more condensed? I don't think there's more /stuff/ in Ann Arbor than in Columbus, but it's all a lot closer -- more central.

And maybe that's what's getting at the human dynamic I was talking about.

Why the fuck don't I ever see people outside here?

Where I want to be, right now, is somewhere nighttime, in the rain, with neon lights.

I've got a moderate obsession with 90s shit.

--- edit ---

Going through Bowling Green on street view. I'm feeling something vague, remembering something from 2006, I don't know. I'm recognizing inputs hitting something that should trigger an emotion but it's not doing it, or no doing it right -- misfiring.

2006/2007, Bowling Green was making me nostalgic for things that never happen. These lingering vestiges of 70s architecture/90s signage. Making me want to remember things I couldn't concretely remember because I was too young or not even born yet. I don't want to get into why that interested me, it just did, and it makes me feel... something. Except the signals are fucked up and my memories are all dissociated and nothing that happened prior to about three years ago feels like it happened and instead of being stuck in a crappy college town with nothing to do and a lot of vague moods in my mind, now I'm stuck in an office park out in Dublin with nothing to do and even vaguer memories because I do nothing but stare at beige all day.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 12:54:51 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12110 on: March 17, 2014, 12:48:43 AM »

My girlfriend just ended things with me because I kept feeding her pasta.
Ever since then I've been feeling cannelloni.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12111 on: March 17, 2014, 12:57:24 AM »

I'm glad to hear that you're playing the field again, but wouldn't penne be a better fit..?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 12:59:30 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12112 on: March 17, 2014, 03:54:18 AM »

so my girlfriend thinks its ok to ditch me for a week because she wants to play dark souls 2/LoS2/ground zeroes....wtf kind of bullshit is that? she cant event text me or skype me while shes playing or something? wtf? i offered to play dark souls 2 with her even though its not my thing and she wanted no part of that....wtf!?!?!

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12113 on: March 17, 2014, 04:08:25 AM »

I understand the appeal of closing yourself of to the world for a day to play a game you've been looking forward to since forever, but a whole week? That not okay. Or healthy.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12114 on: March 17, 2014, 06:31:27 AM »

I'm glad to hear that you're playing the field again, but wouldn't penne be a better fit..?

I admit, I don't know my pasta very well, which is why I went generic.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12115 on: March 17, 2014, 10:40:09 AM »

I understand the appeal of closing yourself of to the world for a day to play a game you've been looking forward to since forever, but a whole week? That not okay. Or healthy.

I agree.

I made it a rule to never put friends before games.  But also, even when I get that "I just wanna play games all day!!!!!" vibe, I still have trouble saying bye to the boyfriend when he drops in.

Naturally, not all couples are the same.  But if this bugs you, Alisha, you should talk to her about it.

Whether furreal or not, I love this joke. xD

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12116 on: March 17, 2014, 01:56:56 PM »

well after consulting google it seems introverts are horrible at mulltitasking wich explains a LOT of her shitty behaviour. she may be stressed out by school and work...but still...i'm pretty understanding and not asking for much. i can only guess from what i've read that the combination of school and work is causing her to shutdown.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12117 on: March 17, 2014, 02:52:47 PM »

It's actually impossible to multitask for anyone. Your mind can only concentrate on one task at a time. Activities like taking a shit while playing a handheld don't really count as multitasking.
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12118 on: March 17, 2014, 03:02:54 PM »

It's actually impossible to multitask for anyone. Your mind can only concentrate on one task at a time. Activities like taking a shit while playing a handheld don't really count as multitasking.

Wut

CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12119 on: March 17, 2014, 03:06:51 PM »

I am horrible at multi-tasking.  Like I can't listen to someone if I am doing something.  I physically have to stop and look at someone to listen to them.  It is one of the main reasons I don't like to drive people around since it actually stresses me out if someone talks to me while I am driving.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Pages: 1 ... 806 807 [808] 809 810 ... 869 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: