Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 22, 2014, 11:58:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327192 Posts in 13393 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 811 812 [813] 814 815 ... 869 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 636982 times)
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12180 on: March 23, 2014, 09:35:03 AM »

Laptop is working again for no apparent reason.

Story of my life.

FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #12181 on: March 23, 2014, 09:45:22 AM »

Story of my life.

Wow, I was literally about to post that word-for-word, Kael. Ha.

Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12182 on: March 23, 2014, 09:54:56 AM »

Story of my life.

Wow, I was literally about to post that word-for-word, Kael. Ha.

Great minds think alike xD

Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12183 on: March 23, 2014, 05:29:00 PM »

I think the Atelier games might be having a positive influence on my professional life... You see, the way I organise my work is starting to look more and more like they often do it in those games. First there's the big deadlines. There are four of those a year. I've split them up in smaller tasks and now I can just cross off the ones I completed. It's a really clear overview, much better than when I was using a plain old planner. Then there's the list of 'quests'. These have to be completed in a short amount of time, usually less than a week. I write them on sticky notes and stick them to a nearby bookshelf. Makes it easier to keep track of the actual amount of work I have. Plus, it makes me want to work harder, because it'd be nice to have no sticky notes. The planner doesn't do that for me, because it just always looks full even when I'm done with whatever I had to do.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12184 on: March 23, 2014, 07:34:29 PM »

^ Games are probably what got me reading at a younger age when I initially resisted to do so.
I'd say games got me better with money management as well, but now I just get mad that I can't kill monsters outside my house for more exp and "gold".

Anyways.  Fuck school for ruining my life and ruining my dreams.  It's only when you're almost dead does it spit you back into the scary world where there are no decent jobs and everything costs money.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12185 on: March 23, 2014, 07:44:04 PM »

^ Games are probably what got me reading at a younger age when I initially resisted to do so.
I'd say games got me better with money management as well, but now I just get mad that I can't kill monsters outside my house for more exp and "gold".

Anyways.  Fuck school for ruining my life and ruining my dreams.  It's only when you're almost dead does it spit you back into the scary world where there are no decent jobs and everything costs money.

In our situation, we can't grind for experience because none of the 'monsters' we fight give any valuable experience and we're stuck in the beginning areas when we grind for 'gold'.

-----

Speaking of school and work, tomorrow's a big day for me, as I finally get to meet the chair of the accounting department and figure out what I need to do for the work on my MSA degree.

I also started my job yesterday and spent yesterday and today taking classes and tests and watching videos. I'm still not even halfway done with all the testing, but I believe I start actual work tomorrow. I'll be working the night shift of 8 PM to 4 AM, so I'll have to readjust my sleep schedule and hope that doesn't interfere too badly when school starts in the fall.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12186 on: March 23, 2014, 08:09:40 PM »

I write them on sticky notes and stick them to a nearby bookshelf. Makes it easier to keep track of the actual amount of work I have. Plus, it makes me want to work harder, because it'd be nice to have no sticky notes. The planner doesn't do that for me, because it just always looks full even when I'm done with whatever I had to do.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kanban_board

We implemented this at work. I have no idea how well it's going to work because most of the tasks my test lead assigns to me don't really fit well within that framework (They're nebulous, long term, not easily time-boxed, and don't have a clear scope). I have no idea how well it's working for the rest of the team because everything's really all over the place -- I'm working on about four different and largely unrelated task sets, and I'm not even clear what the priorities are, and I still feel like my test lead's doing these passive aggressive mind games.

Oh well. Too bad I'm not qualified to get a job somewhere else.

I wonder if they'll ever clean the graffiti off the side of my apartment building.

I know my company is really trying to hem people in with regards to working remotely, but this is getting ridiculous and I... Columbus has been getting weird since mid 2012.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 11:04:10 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12187 on: March 23, 2014, 10:47:47 PM »

Only an 11 hour day today at work, must be my lucky day...Saturdays suck

Man I do *not* miss working weekends.

So I have a crazy ass amount of work to do at work.

I'm teaching public school teachers for 8 weeks in April/May but instead of using the time I have to lesson plan, our school decided to start camps now, which means the last two weeks of the planning time I have has been chopped off at the knees. It looks like I'm going to have to start planning at home if I want to get everything done. :/ They were also supposed to hire a tenth teacher at work but decided against it at the last minute, so now everyone not only has more classes to teach but has more students per class.

Arsewank.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12188 on: March 24, 2014, 04:45:00 PM »

Found a nice little sale at local GS, got Soul Sacrifice, Bioshock Infinte and Zero's Escape for $48, off today and tomorrow, calling for snow tomorrow, stocked on beer and clams, let it blizzard
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 08:46:12 PM by Bytor » Logged

Everything's Eventual
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12189 on: March 24, 2014, 07:46:27 PM »

Found a nice littel sale at local GS, got Soul Sacrifice, Bioshock Infinte and Zero's Escape for $48, off today and tomorrow, calling for snow tomorrow, stocked on beer and clams, let it blizzard

That sounds amazing.....that whole games, beer, stick indoors combo is the perfect "home vacation" from life.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12190 on: March 24, 2014, 09:30:44 PM »

90% of the spiders I see on my wall are actually floaters. 9% are silverfish.

The remaining 1% is why I don't sleep at night.

Unless it's summer in which case HRR DRR I LIVE BY A RIVER ENJOY YOUR FIFTY MILLION GODDAMN MAYFLIES.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12191 on: March 25, 2014, 04:41:37 PM »

Ordered a 1080P 8 channel NVR and 4 cameras as an early birthday present to myself. I wont be using this surveillance system for home security. I will be taking it with me to paranormal investigations.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12192 on: March 25, 2014, 05:32:09 PM »

Ordered a 1080P 8 channel NVR and 4 cameras as an early birthday present to myself. I wont be using this surveillance system for home security. I will be taking it with me to paranormal investigations.
What a coincidence,I just installed an 8 channel dvr system at a restaurant, shame the cameras are only standard resolution. Only difference besides that is it IS for surveilance.

TASTY!
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12193 on: March 25, 2014, 07:03:30 PM »

What a coincidence,I just installed an 8 channel dvr system at a restaurant, shame the cameras are only standard resolution. Only difference besides that is it IS for surveilance.

I was considering a 960h system but I wanted the high Def so that I can see more detail in the dark.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12194 on: March 25, 2014, 07:32:41 PM »

ghosts > servers stealing food

Everything's Eventual
Pages: 1 ... 811 812 [813] 814 815 ... 869 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: