Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2014, 10:21:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331882 Posts in 13590 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 815 816 [817] 818 819 ... 886 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 691455 times)
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12240 on: March 29, 2014, 01:08:47 PM »

Considering how much of a breeding ground for germs the human mouth is, yeah I don't get grossed out by picking up a roll or something that I just dropped on the ground and eating it. Only way I get grossed out is if it fell into something like a pile of dirt or water or if the food item was something like a donut or otherwise sticky. Basically, if I see it's picked up hair or bits of dirt, I either remove the afflicted section or toss the whole thing. That being said, just remember that some less fortunate people are digging in dumpsters for that 10 second+ dropped food item for their next meal....

TASTY!
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12241 on: March 29, 2014, 03:21:20 PM »

Went grocerying but it was raining and the grocery gave me a paper back so carrying that back home was fun.

Anyway I spent all my money on arugula and now I can't afford pot so I'll just smoke the arugula instead. Arugula instugula. Twitty.

Also one of my yogurts ruptured on the way back because it got punctured by a kombucha bottle. Oh well, it's more skyr than yogurt so it's pretty thick and I don't think there was much whey to leak everywhere, I'll just need to eat it tonight. They also had vegan altoids.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12242 on: March 29, 2014, 05:01:57 PM »

People are so germophobic...

We used to eat raw meat people. I don't think food that was on the floor for 3 second will kill you.

There's nothing inherently unclean about fresh raw meat, you know.  It's the stuff that's been sitting around for god knows how long and has had time to start rotting you should worry about.  And I don't think we ever really ate that raw...

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12243 on: March 29, 2014, 05:24:51 PM »

It depends on the food for me. If I drop a piece of chocolate or an apple on the floor, i'll eat it, for sure.

if it's meat, or something wet (like noodles) I'lll not.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12244 on: March 29, 2014, 06:27:44 PM »

Given my parent's inability to clean these days, I'd say anything that falls on the floor in my house is bad once its fallen on the floor (and don't gimme lip about "why don't YOU help them clean?!" --- they know the deal).

My BFF and my boyfriend's house, on the other hand, have parents who are such neat freaks that you could probably eat a whole meal off the floor and be fine....  But the amount of time their houses spend on just cleaning weakly is otherwise depressing.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12245 on: March 29, 2014, 07:31:31 PM »

Guys Im not saying eating food that fell on the ground will kill you.. I was just making the observation about the implications of it and also trying to eliminate cognitive dissonance. If you are going to do something, face the truth, dont try to make excuses like "It's not that bad", 5 second rule, etc,etc.
It's like smokers who convince themselves that they will never get cancer, that they are somehow special and that the negative side effects only affect others.
I once dropped bread on the floor, it was a clean floor I might add(I say clean but you cant really know on a microscopic level), I willingly picked it up and ate it because I was just kind of depressed at the time and didnt give a shit, but I did it knowingly and fully aware of my idiocy.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 07:33:21 PM by Holykael1 » Logged

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12246 on: March 29, 2014, 09:03:59 PM »

and don't gimme lip about "why don't YOU help them clean?!" --- they know the deal.

Dude just kill a bunch of dude, steal their souls, and go nibelung valesti on that grime.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12247 on: March 29, 2014, 09:05:46 PM »

and don't gimme lip about "why don't YOU help them clean?!" --- they know the deal.

Dude just kill a bunch of dude, steal their souls, and go nibelung valesti on that grime.

NIBROOMUNG VALESTCLEAN.

...post count +1

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12248 on: March 29, 2014, 10:47:35 PM »

Was excited to see Cakewalk on Steam... and then noticed all the $30 instrument packs and about lost my jaw. Seriously, what the hell!?

Speaking of Steam.. lately I log on and think I've time traveled to the early '90s. Just seems like there's a new "Indie RPG" that looks straight out of RPG Maker on the new releases every single day.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12249 on: March 30, 2014, 10:08:36 AM »

Got some BS statistics exam. I HATE STATISTICS. It's one of those mandatory but not related subjects to computer science. what a uselesss piece of garbage. It's easy, it's just more work on my back.
nevertheless...

zergrav
Software Artist
Contributing Editor

csparks.project sparksine
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12250 on: March 30, 2014, 11:44:20 AM »

Stats is definitely quite intertwined with computer science. Although, despite its apparent utility, it's the first subjective domain of mathematics I've seen -- also the newest by a "statistically significant" margin :) 

Therefore, I tell my co-workers all the time, when prompted for additional "metrics", that, "According the 'powers that be' and statistically-speaking, (yada yada yada) [...] But note, this is not an endorsement of statistics as being an accurate or even appropriate measure in the absolute sense. I'm just trying for 'industry standard' expectations here."

Unfortunately, I had that same mind-set about it as you until I got smacked in the face with a massive software endeavor in which it was mission-critical. If you're a programmer, you don't often get the luxury in most courses to say "I'll never use this", as you probably will :-/

Either way, sorry for the verbose reply / meandering; good luck on your assessment!

If it ain't broke, *start* outsourcing your QA department.
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12251 on: March 30, 2014, 03:05:05 PM »

Hmm I see. Thanks for in the info. It makes it a little bit more tolerable.

zergrav
Software Artist
Contributing Editor

csparks.project sparksine
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12252 on: March 30, 2014, 03:20:31 PM »

I still find it to be fairly intolerable, at times :-D Just a hard-learned lesson for me, is all.

If it ain't broke, *start* outsourcing your QA department.
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12253 on: March 30, 2014, 04:18:19 PM »

I was looking through my Shadow Hearts: From The New World manual and saw a Digital Devil Saga 2 advert on the back. Had a whoa moment when I noticed they mentioned John's review of it.

Slowpoke Darilon is slow.

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12254 on: March 30, 2014, 04:23:34 PM »

I was looking through my Shadow Hearts: From The New World manual and saw a Digital Devil Saga 2 advert on the back. Had a whoa moment when I noticed they mentioned John's review of it.

Slowpoke Darilon is slow.

I saw that once for a game too and felt *proud* for some reason.  Like "yeaaaah I'm a part of THAT community".... fuck I'm lame.

But yeah I think it's great when they use the reviews here; I love the writers here.

Pages: 1 ... 815 816 [817] 818 819 ... 886 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: