Author Topic: Whats the haps?

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
Re: What's the haps?
« Reply #12330 on: April 04, 2014, 08:11:44 PM »
Im not very heavy either. I must measure around 1,80-1,90 meters(6 foot according to google), im fairly tall and I only weigh around 63-68 kg which equates to around 145 lbs

Pretty much the same here. 6 feet and I hover between 135-140.
I've got no meat and no muscle =/

GrimReality

• Dark Lord of Nostalgia
  • OK, options aren't SO bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #12331 on: April 04, 2014, 08:41:33 PM »
I have been carrying group projects on my back my entire life.

Aren't you like 18 or something? You can't really say things like this until you've actually lived a good portion of said life. Maybe I'm wrong, and you're forty. ;-)

Anyway, I'm with the skinny guys here. I'm 6' and weigh about 145. I used to weigh more, but lost almost twenty pounds due to chronic illness issues. No matter what I do I can't gain it back. It's weird. I had to buy all new clothes because of it.

My wife is tall for a woman at 5' 8", and is a exercise nut. When she first started it all about 6 years ago, the weight just fell off, but then it stalled out about 40#'s from her goal(Yes, she was a bit overweight. Yes, she would kill me for talking about it). Because she is tall she carries it well(great behind!), but the stats say she is "obese". She is actually incredibly healthy and her doctors say so. Runs marathons and everything. I say this because I'm one of those fools who used to think what you weigh somehow dictates how healthy you are. She's certainly healthier than I am.

This was an exhausting week at work. Glad it's over. The weekend looks good, weather-wise, and I'm looking forward to some time in my garden.
Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: The Backyard Parables

Klyde Chroma

• LVL. 99 - Midnight Crusader
    • View Profile
« Reply #12332 on: April 04, 2014, 09:18:10 PM »

Anyway, I'm with the skinny guys here. I'm 6' and weigh about 145. I used to weigh more, but lost almost twenty pounds due to chronic illness issues. No matter what I do I can't gain it back. It's weird. I had to buy all new clothes because of it.

^^^^ This is exactly what happened to me in my early 20's after abusing the hell out of my body/gut in my late teens.

Now, fast forward (almost 30) and I too never put the weight back on. But I suppose its to be expected since my gut doesn't really absorb or assimilate nutrients correctly (so I'm told).

I went from 160-170 down to 125-130 and have stayed there ever since.
I am more a battlefield than a Ninja.

Bytor

• Ego Enhancement Consultant
  • Hiding in Inaba
    • View Profile
« Reply #12333 on: April 04, 2014, 09:58:41 PM »
D, look like you and I are the two "big boys'. I was 185 when I finished HS, 235 of mean muscle in college, lol, now I fluctuate between 230-240 but I could drop 20 easily if I went back to lifting
Everything's Eventual

Kevadu

• Some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12334 on: April 04, 2014, 10:42:14 PM »
D, look like you and I are the two "big boys'. I was 185 when I finished HS, 235 of mean muscle in college, lol, now I fluctuate between 230-240 but I could drop 20 easily if I went back to lifting

Hey, don't leave me out.  I'm about 230 now and while I probably could stand to lose a few pounds I'm not exactly out of shape.  I still bike, hike, do mountaineering, etc.  I'm just naturally a big guy.  Honestly having a large frame can kind of be a detriment for those sort of activities (more weight to haul around...), but that's what I enjoy.  I'd probably be better suited for lifting, but I have zero interest in it.

Bears of RPGFan...

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #12335 on: April 04, 2014, 10:47:41 PM »
I'm crazy out of shape. I'm only a hair over 200 lbs @ 6'2" but I was only 160 a year ago. Problem is I'd gotten so used to having crazy metabolism that I'm having a really hard time adjusting my eating habits now that it's plummeted.

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #12336 on: April 04, 2014, 11:11:49 PM »

Bears of RPGFan...

Yeah....I'm gonna need a sexy calendar of that.

Penguin Boss Demands You Join Our Discord!

CLICK HERE TO BE TAKEN TO THE RPGFAN DISCORD

Bytor

• Ego Enhancement Consultant
  • Hiding in Inaba
    • View Profile
« Reply #12337 on: April 04, 2014, 11:17:52 PM »
hmmmm, should I break out the leopard  or tiger thong.....
Everything's Eventual

MeshGearFox

• HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12338 on: April 04, 2014, 11:59:56 PM »
I sort of quit giving a shit about anything and bought a lesbian horse armada from McDonalds and now I'm going to IDK get some copies of Panzer Dragoon Saga off of eBay because I'm a hashtag adult engaging in hashtag adult decision making.

Let's eat some potato chips!

@ Bytor:

hmmmm, should I break out the leopard  or tiger thong.....

Leopard and when I say leopard i mean a literal goddamn leopard and not a leopard though because chicks dig a guy that has a leopard for a groin you're like some graceful gazelle hunting leopardtaur and by gazelles I mean *slow motion black and white video of a bus driving over Ashton Kutcher. He gets up and a single tear falls from his eye because the bus was his father and he will never see him again*
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 12:31:33 AM by MeshGearFox »
o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

CluelessWonder

• View Profile
« Reply #12339 on: April 05, 2014, 12:00:34 AM »
Leopards, tigers and bears!  Oh my!
Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief

Dice

• I'm fart and I'm smunny
  • AMG A GIRL
  • RPGFan and Dice forever...
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt site!  Come, stay, laugh, cry.
« Reply #12340 on: April 05, 2014, 12:35:54 AM »
Unfortunately I wear scrubs to work and usually wear sweatpants or lounge wear in my off week.  All of which are forgiving in the weight gain department yet also makes it easier to gain weight without noticing.

I work from home so it's very tempting to go for sweatpants as well, but always make a point of wearing 'proper' clothes even if it's just for what I consider work hours that day. It kind of makes me feel more productive, but it also makes it easier to notice when I should watch out for weight gain. Plus, I have plenty of nice clothes I really like and it'd be a shame not to wear them.

Idk, I'd say being able to lift that up would make one feel safer around me, not more afraid. I'd definitely be handy to have around when a jar lid is stuck :)

Yeah, but, but... I can handle jars just fine and strong people are kinda scary. Back in second grade I had this teacher who'd break those big 1 meter rulers in half against the blackboard to get us to be quiet. Those rulers were taller than me. Scary ;_;

I've made a rule to never wear sweat pants unless I am (get this) working out in them (I hate the way I feel so puffy and lethargic in them if I'm just lounging around).  But, like Holykael, I love the fuck out of PJ pants.  They're usually a bit more colourful and lighter (but I'd put on a non-PJ top to go with it).

But I hate going out looking like a slob, I always dress up when I go out.  I got annoyed with girls on campus who'd wear PJs to class, that just didn't sit right with me.  Also, my mom has her "weekend stay-at-home" attire that grosses me out where she just wears her PJ for 24 hours and watches TV.  I hate it so much and it's probably why I'm so peculiar about my dress.

I really have to lose some weight.  I must have some weird ass bone density, lowest I've ever been was about 115 lbs, but I looked really thin to the point people kept saying I should eat more (I thought hitting 90lbs was that point).  I weigh about 135 right now; certainly school doesn't help keep weight off.  At least my waist is slim (no gut), but my butt and thighs bug me the most.

I bought this kinda low-key elliptical for $60.  It's doing the job "ok" for its really low price, and it helped me move around more between Winter and Studying.... BUT I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS SUMMER, I THINK I'M GETTING SOME FORM OF CABIN FEVER WITH THIS GODDAMN (CANADIAN) WEATHER.

Edit: I'm sorry, my heavy-duty headache meds kicked in if this post sounds weird.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 12:46:46 AM by Dice »
http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

CluelessWonder

• View Profile
« Reply #12341 on: April 05, 2014, 01:09:39 AM »
I agree that clothes can serve as a motivator.  Sometimes if I don't feel like working out, I change  into my workout clothes to help motivate me.  As for going out in public, I will change out of sweats and lounge wear.  I just like to relax at home in them.  I don't understand pjs in public.  I'm embarrassed to get the paper/mail or answer the door in them.   Plus I think it illegal here to appear in public in pjs.
Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief

MeshGearFox

• HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12342 on: April 05, 2014, 01:16:16 AM »
My day-to-day clothes are:

Cotton longsleeve button-up shirts that are either vaguely plaid or flat red/white and don't really fit right.
Frayed blue jeans.
Work boots.

Also I have long hair and I forget to shave a lot so I look like the kind of guy that stalks Neutral Milk Hotel concerts.

When I do shave, I look like a girl that looks like a guy.
o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #12343 on: April 05, 2014, 01:22:14 AM »
Wait, Neutral Milk Hotel got back together? :o

Penguin Boss Demands You Join Our Discord!

CLICK HERE TO BE TAKEN TO THE RPGFAN DISCORD

Dice

• I'm fart and I'm smunny
  • AMG A GIRL
  • RPGFan and Dice forever...
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt site!  Come, stay, laugh, cry.
« Reply #12344 on: April 05, 2014, 01:37:59 AM »
I agree that clothes can serve as a motivator.  Sometimes if I don't feel like working out, I change  into my workout clothes to help motivate me.  As for going out in public, I will change out of sweats and lounge wear.  I just like to relax at home in them.  I don't understand pjs in public.  I'm embarrassed to get the paper/mail or answer the door in them.   Plus I think it illegal here to appear in public in pjs.

I definitely think there's a time for all sorts of attire.  I also like the angle that you should dress for what you expect.  You dress well, you get treated well; you look good, you feel good.

Again though, my angle is kind of inspired by a bit of history... but it does bother me when people really put no effort into their wardrobe ("at home" attire aside).
http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!