Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 08:05:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334782 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 837 838 [839] 840 841 ... 899 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 715116 times)
SonicDeathMonkey

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12570 on: April 26, 2014, 10:56:56 AM »

Well, we have Bradford Pears in bloom, along with lilacs. Bradford pear flowers smell like semen, and the lilac makes it smell like, uh, purple semen.

We have those pears planted all over the place in Albany. They look nice enough but that smell is really just awful.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12571 on: April 26, 2014, 11:10:34 AM »

They're everywhere here in south Jersey as well.  Makes certain stretches of my bike ride smell really bad. 

I just tell myself, it's better than some tropical flowers like the dragon arum that reportedly smell like rotting flesh and feces. 

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12572 on: April 26, 2014, 01:29:56 PM »

That sounds bad... Over here the worst you'll smell is manure and that's something that fades quickly.

You know what smells good? The chocolate I bought in Germany today. My sister was like: screw King's Day. Let's go grocery shopping in Germany.

So we did.

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12573 on: April 26, 2014, 02:02:08 PM »

Ah, Ritter Sport and their funny opening packets.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12574 on: April 26, 2014, 02:09:51 PM »

They're everywhere here in south Jersey as well.  Makes certain stretches of my bike ride smell really bad.  

I just tell myself, it's better than some tropical flowers like the dragon arum that reportedly smell like rotting flesh and feces.  

Titan arum isn't that bad. It just sort of smells like warm garbage. If you live in an urban area in the summer, you're going to be used to that anyway.

I used to eat Ritter bars but then I found out they were glazed with shellac. I guess the verb for being glazed with shellac is shellacked.

I went for a walk but I didn't get out much during the winter because weather so now my feet are delicate and babby feet and I can only walk like four miles before getting tired. I guess I'll go play ATELIER KHEMIA or something else that's colorful and summery.

Meanwhile, overcompensated for caffeine withdrawal with too much caffeine and now my eyelid's going on an adventure. On the plus hand, caffeine does seem to deaden my more sociopathic tendencies.

What if whenever you told someone to go to hell they actually did and you be all like HEY BRING ME BACK A T-SHIRT and they do but it's a hell t-shirt so it don't actually fit right or you can never wash your beard hairs out of it?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 02:35:53 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12575 on: April 26, 2014, 02:59:51 PM »

Ritter Sport is fun because of all the different flavours, but if you want pure quality I'd go with Vivani[/ur]. Which is also available in a ton of flavours, but they're organic and don't have any weird stuff in them.
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12576 on: April 26, 2014, 11:12:13 PM »

One urban legend proven true...maybe
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/26/the-dig-uncovering-the-atari-et-games-buried-in-new-mexico-desert
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 11:14:00 PM by Bytor » Logged

Everything's Eventual
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12577 on: April 27, 2014, 12:03:07 AM »

And now, these cartridges are probably worth a lot of money.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12578 on: April 27, 2014, 07:24:37 PM »

If I die tonight, I hope at least some of you will miss me.

Just had some chicken that I am about 60% sure was undercooked. But after being assured by two somewhat reliable sources that it was fine, I ate about one and a half thighs.

I really need to go out and find a good vegetarian cook book.
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12579 on: April 27, 2014, 08:02:01 PM »

Went to the Wizards game this afternoon with one of my college buddies.  The Wizards were missing their 2nd-best player, but somehow CREAMED the Bulls.  Wiz won by 9, but were up by as much as 25 in the second half.  Hugely entertaining. 

Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12580 on: April 27, 2014, 09:01:26 PM »

Went to the Wizards game this afternoon with one of my college buddies.  The Wizards were missing their 2nd-best player, but somehow CREAMED the Bulls.  Wiz won by 9, but were up by as much as 25 in the second half.  Hugely entertaining. 

Assuming my Pacers win the series against the Hawks (and I think they will since they have homecourt advantage right now) it looks like we'll be facing your Wizards next round :P

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12581 on: April 27, 2014, 10:18:52 PM »

Just had some chicken that I am about 60% sure was undercooked. But after being assured by two somewhat reliable sources that it was fine, I ate about one and a half thighs.

Chicken thighs are sometimes hard to call as "just right" or "undercooked". You sometimes get that really dark,almost bloody spot close to the bone and you can't help but feel scared. Sometimes the best bet is to just trust your instincts, but if the juice runs clear, it's cooked through.

I wouldn't be too scared of dying, but you may get a case of food poisoning akin to my bout last week. Good luck either way.

TASTY!
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12582 on: April 27, 2014, 10:29:34 PM »

If it makes you feel any better, my dinner was just raw corn, some watermelon that had either gone off or wasn't ripe enough in the first place, half a piece of zaatar bread from a week ago, and some beet fruit leather. I'm going to top it off with thin mints.

... I used to like dogs a lot but then the suspension of disbelief sort of broke down and now I can't see them as anything more than tubes made out of meat.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 11:55:41 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12583 on: April 28, 2014, 10:19:16 AM »

Chicken thighs are sometimes hard to call as "just right" or "undercooked". You sometimes get that really dark,almost bloody spot close to the bone and you can't help but feel scared. Sometimes the best bet is to just trust your instincts, but if the juice runs clear, it's cooked through.

I wouldn't be too scared of dying, but you may get a case of food poisoning akin to my bout last week. Good luck either way.

Well I was fine. To your point, the meat wasn't bloody at all, just very pink. I think what happened was my stepdad had so much sauce in the dish that he ended up boiling the chicken instead of baking it.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12584 on: April 28, 2014, 09:16:15 PM »

Well I was fine. To your point, the meat wasn't bloody at all, just very pink. I think what happened was my stepdad had so much sauce in the dish that he ended up boiling the chicken instead of baking it.

You could be like me and carry a meat thermometer anytime you go to eat somewhere.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Pages: 1 ... 837 838 [839] 840 841 ... 899 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: