Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2014, 06:26:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332887 Posts in 13640 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 844 845 [846] 847 848 ... 889 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 698788 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12675 on: May 15, 2014, 12:00:55 AM »

I am still working on getting things organized. I have way too much kitchen stuff.

You should see my house.  My mum the pack rat.... it's a disaster.

@Grim

I see.  Being honest, I find the idea of "family time" kind of..."50s".  I definitely think it's important you get that time in with your son; family is definitely a reliable, consistent, loving, and most tolerant type of relationship you'll ever have (I'm only "in" a family, granted, I don't have one of my own that I'm "the head of").

Still, or maybe it's just my house, but we also need that time to ourselves, that time for us to relax away from each other so we don't go crazy.

Again, I'm sorry if I'm way off base, forums don't really let us afford natural conversation and progression.  But I think you need to breathe, not gasp.  Take it a day at a time, relax if you can afford it, and  I think it'd be good to make some plans if you are burning out to do something exciting.  Spring is here, the zoo is perfect around now (warm, not hot; cool, not cold), or take the wifey away, or go hiking, or just make some time for a day off where you wear nothing but underwear or PJs all day. :)

I really hope you can get outta the funk of everyday 'bleh'.  It happens to all of us, and hope you manage. :D

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12676 on: May 15, 2014, 12:11:47 AM »

Off until Wednesday.

I'm the same way, Ole Grimey. I stay up till after midnight but wake up around 615 or so to be at work by 7. Believe it or not that's enough time to shower and bust my ass to get to work on time. I should get more sleep b/c I'm constantly moving for my 12 hour shift.

Sleep is awesome. I'm out within minutes of hitting the pillow
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12677 on: May 15, 2014, 12:22:39 AM »

So I finally pulled off 300 pounds on the bench with no spot for more than 1 rep (it was 2). That's a pretty awesome goal of mine I hit, because that means I can handle said weight without assistance and now can train off it. It's a great morale boost too, since before now I was always afraid of trying to play with such heavy weight, but now I can control it. I did the same thing when I first hit 225lbs, just practiced on it til I could do 6 reps,then just add it to my regular workout.

Also of note, been working on my dips. Weighing 360+ pounds makes for a very hard time pulling off a bodyweight dip, but I can properly do 6 now. I am pleased :)

TASTY!
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12678 on: May 15, 2014, 02:49:55 AM »

I have to admit that there is also an element of guilt involved. Like when I do manage to get some game time in when the family is awake, I feel like I should be doing things with them.  Specifically, my son. We do lots of things together, but I always feel like I can do better. I'll often pick out a movie we can watch together, even though I really didn't want to. I kind of like it when he goes off and plays his 3DS for a while because it gives me an out.
Anyway, I've rambled enough. Time for bed. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

It sounds like you're doing a great job as a parent and husband, but don't try too hard. It's not good for you and looks like your son can keep himself entertained for a while, which is a great skill for any kid to have. The important thing isn't so much to do stuff with him, but to be there for him :)
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12679 on: May 15, 2014, 07:27:01 AM »

Finals in a month. Already feeling the pressure. It's heavy.

Good luck, Holy.  I was there about a month ago.  It sucked, but you find ways.  I recommend a novel or a hand held gaming device to ease the pressure from reading hours on end --- it helps when your mind has turned to goo.  Then I recommend three days straight of videogaming and hobbies, one day where you do the chores you've put off, then another gaming session plus restaurant meal.

Thanks Dice :)
It will be 20 days of torture. I have 5 exams, each separated by 3 days and I have a few days between classes ending and exams starting. My birthday will be between those exams and I will absolutely not have time to celebrate because I will be studying.. I feel like this will be "the test", "the challenge". After that gauntlet Im sure I will celebrate with more than 3 days of video games.. More like 3 weeks ahaha. It's probably not wise to play games during those 20 days, even for break taking as I can easily lose myself and enter "fuck this shit" mode if I don't fully dedicate myself.. Idk, I usually listen to music while I study and when my brain is basically goo, I just kinda stand there for half an hour until Im ready for more baking.

Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12680 on: May 15, 2014, 01:28:48 PM »

So I finally pulled off 300 pounds on the bench with no spot for more than 1 rep (it was 2). That's a pretty awesome goal of mine I hit, because that means I can handle said weight without assistance and now can train off it. It's a great morale boost too, since before now I was always afraid of trying to play with such heavy weight, but now I can control it. I did the same thing when I first hit 225lbs, just practiced on it til I could do 6 reps,then just add it to my regular workout.

Also of note, been working on my dips. Weighing 360+ pounds makes for a very hard time pulling off a bodyweight dip, but I can properly do 6 now. I am pleased :)

I can probably do 30 dips but if I could bench 150 I'd be happy.

Glad to see you haven't given up on the gym. I've been slacking big time.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12681 on: May 15, 2014, 05:04:18 PM »

I can probably bench 150 around 25-30 times, but I'd love to pull off more dips man. The way it hits across the chest and triceps really makes you feel like you did something.

My gym got shut down back in february, so I had to start training at one 3 times further away. It takes upwards of an hour and a half to bus it there, nevermind walking. I get lucky if I make my workout runs 2 times a week now. At least the new job helps me feel less bad due to the fact that I'm making some dinero.

TASTY!
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12682 on: May 16, 2014, 12:57:15 AM »

Just realized that notemeal and nopemeal are pretty much pronounced identically.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12683 on: May 16, 2014, 02:32:48 PM »

Today is a good day, look what came into the mail! :D

Chris Tin's "The Drop That contained the Sea"

(3ds case)

& Etrian Odyssey IV

It's my day off as well (rough work week) and I get to try to relax today. Here goes! (watch as world implode)

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12684 on: May 16, 2014, 02:52:42 PM »

I'm leaving for Vienna, Austria in four days.  Got my plane tickets, hotels, train tickets, and friend visits all set up.  After attending the wedding of one of my closest friends in Vienna on the 24th, I'm going to spend about a week in Austria, Germany and the Czech Republic.  I'm incredibly hyped, but also a littler nervous.  Going to be a hell of a time. 

Oh, and I'm selling off a bunch of games to help pay for the trip / not go broke.  Check my topic in the Bazaar if you're interested. 

Klyde Chroma
Lvl. 7 Fruity Ninja and Dincrest groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12685 on: May 16, 2014, 05:02:50 PM »

Monsoon, I wish you a safe and wonderful journey. My schedule prevents me from traveling like I would like to. Well, more accurately I keep myself far too obligated by way of my schedule to travel.... In any event, I am envious sir. Have fun :)

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12686 on: May 17, 2014, 12:41:42 AM »

a native american cheif was talkin 2 his son
"my son" he say "inside each of us r 2 lungs"
"but which one win?" the son say

THE 1 U FEED

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12687 on: May 17, 2014, 05:49:14 AM »

I hate how shitty some fan run organizations are when it comes to communicaties. I had wanted to arrange for an interview the proper way, but the people I'm trying to contact haven't bothered to respond in 3+ days. In the end I got some better contact info through some connections, but this isn't how it's supposed to go. I'm trying hard to keep jobs separate, but the universe doesn't seem to agree with me having morals aren't messed up.

Now I'm so stressed I could throw up, but I'm not gonna, because that bread I had for breakfast was really good.

Maybe I should go all Community on my life and start looking at it like it's a tv series. In that case: messed up journalistic morals = hijinks = the possibility of pulling a game journalism version of the 'two dates to the prom' trope. Oh, I could wear disguises! Perhaps even take off my glasses!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 05:56:42 AM by Tomara » Logged
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12688 on: May 17, 2014, 11:22:43 AM »

going to the store for bacon and some cream for pancakes.

later: Cubs game
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12689 on: May 17, 2014, 11:46:50 AM »

At Hangout Fest in Gulf Shores.  Saw Allen Stone (very good), Balkan Beat Box (lively and fun), Bad Suns (heard them while sitting in a resturant, sounded good), the Black Keys (it's the Black Keys!).  My feet are killing me since we are walking to the beach in sandals and the hotel is a little over a mile away. Got sunburned on my forehead of all places.  Saw some girls that hula hoop during the concerts and a couple of people dressed as bears.  Off to day two.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Pages: 1 ... 844 845 [846] 847 848 ... 889 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: