Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2014, 12:31:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332935 Posts in 13642 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 855 856 [857] 858 859 ... 889 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 699210 times)
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12840 on: June 19, 2014, 06:24:18 AM »

Mesh. Why buy everything. Problem solved.
I think this is the problem he's trying to avoid...
wtf I wanted to say. Just buy everything. and instead I wrote a why????!!!
Fuck my brain.

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12841 on: June 19, 2014, 10:04:15 PM »

So like I don't usually swear IRL because I'm not fucking BOYZ 2 MEN, but sometimes when I'm alone in my apartment I walk around blasting my furniture with various racial slurs and normally this isn't a problem because none of my neighbors speak English but lately I've been leaving my windows open so I don't get wall mold and I live next to a hotel so yeah this could be a problem.

Anyway, I quit caring about anything and made mashed potato sandwiches for dinner tonight.

I used instant mashed potatoes. Are potatoes like mostly water or something? I don't get potatoes at all that shit is weird.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12842 on: June 20, 2014, 01:52:13 PM »

Finally confronted my mother about the verbal abuse my brother throws my way nearly everything I see him. Her response: Oh, that's just the way he is.

Like it's okay.

Like it's my fault it hurts when he call my job, my friends or me as a whole worthless. And I've tried to act normally toward him, but he rarely answers e-mails and when we meet in person, it's usually something about how I'm lazy, I should have a partner by now and how I'm failing at life. I have told him to stop, but he just starts again later. Or he just ignores me, that happens too.

According to my mother he just has a hard time with people who are disabled, have a different skin colour or are, you know, female. That's why he uses derogatory terms for pretty much everyone who isn't a white middle class male like he is. And apparantly that totally okay.

I'm so sick of it. You know, if I suddenly died in a car accident, I don't think I would care all that much right now.

Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12843 on: June 20, 2014, 03:13:54 PM »

Don't let antiquated cultural perceptions get to ya Tomara. I know it's hard to judge just from forum posts but you seem to be a kind and good natured person.
I know it's disappointing when family is a dick to you.. I get harassed constantly because I'm not "normal". Thankfully I stopped caring about what they think and my snark/sarcasm has been pretty effective in shielding me against further pressure.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 06:31:14 AM by Holykael1 » Logged

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12844 on: June 20, 2014, 03:35:44 PM »

Finally confronted my mother about the verbal abuse my brother throws my way nearly everything I see him. Her response: Oh, that's just the way he is.

Like it's okay.

Like it's my fault it hurts when he call my job, my friends or me as a whole worthless. And I've tried to act normally toward him, but he rarely answers e-mails and when we meet in person, it's usually something about how I'm lazy, I should have a partner by now and how I'm failing at life. I have told him to stop, but he just starts again later. Or he just ignores me, that happens too.

According to my mother he just has a hard time with people who are disabled, have a different skin colour or are, you know, female. That's why he uses derogatory terms for pretty much everyone who isn't a white middle class male like he is. And apparantly that totally okay.

I'm so sick of it. You know, if I suddenly died in a car accident, I don't think I would care all that much right now.

I'm really sorry to hear that.
I sort of get a [very lite] version of the same where my parents don't do a damn thing about confrontation between my brother and I --- their way of being "equal"[?] or something.  We don't usually fight, or rather, certainly not to the level you and your brother do...
Even if not that, I got plenty of issues with my folks; my dad has a temper and my mum is definition couch potato who also hordes.

I think there are ways to deal with it...
1) Talk it out with him; like a real, juicy, heart on the sleeve, etc.  Talk it with your mum, let her know that kind of treatment from the bro is really innapropriate, and maybe for him too.
2) Ignore it.  Completely.  Shut it out, say you don't care/you're not listening.
3) Find pleasure in other things; hobbies, friends, etc. Make your spaces your sanctuary
4)

Lord knows I love my family, but I don't always like them (if that makes sense); and certainly some of the BS you might run into or have to deal with is not AT ALL a thing you'd ever put up with from anyone BUT family.  Know you wouldn't be the first person who, the day you do move away, will be happy to not have to wake up to their family...  I can't really offer anything by way of advice, but take it a day at a time, and take it as well as you can --- rise above it if you can (however you want to take that).  I speak for myself here, because maybe I should shut my trap more often --- but I doubt I could really stay silent myself. 

Your fellow 'Fanners are always hear to listen (or if you wanna keep it between gurrls for whatever reason or on certain matters you can always PM me).

I'm BACK AT THE GYM....  MY EVERYTHING HURTS.

^ Dicey trying
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 03:39:21 PM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12845 on: June 20, 2014, 04:00:43 PM »

my lunch consisted of wasa bread with honey and a cheap Korean beer.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12846 on: June 20, 2014, 04:48:33 PM »

Your fellow 'Fanners are always hear to listen (or if you wanna keep it between gurrls for whatever reason or on certain matters you can always PM me).

I'll vent for a bit here. That always makes me feel better.

The problem is, or atleast one of them anyway, that my brother is nearly the same to my mother and she comes up with excuses for that too. "It's just the way he is." "Work is stressful." "He doesn't mean it that way."

She let him get away with a lot. Still does. Turned him into an entitled dick.

What hurts most is that it wasn't always that bad. As teenagers we got along great. We'd play videogames (played through Xenogears and the Xenosaga trilogy together), go to the pool with friends, that kind of stuff. It started to change when I was 17-18 and started to have trouble keeping up with my peers. College was draining and it became obvious something was wrong. He started treating me differently. The last few years I lived at home I had a parttime job and took care of the house when our mum was at work. That wasn't good enough, I guess. He started acting like a slob to give me more work, like just throwing his dirty clothes on the floor, not putting anything away after making a sandwich and leaving all the lights and electronics on when going out. I had to clean up after him all the time and he said I deserved it, because I didn't have anything better to do anyway.

I did a lot for my sister as well back then, but she was always nice about it. Saying 'thank you' and offering to help me with chores when she wasn't busy with school/work/internships. You know, acting like a decent human being.

I have tried talking to him several times before, but he'd just turn it into a joke.

But I have to admit, sometimes I'm worried about him. He made some bad decisions before with our mum acting like an enabler. He used to be morbidly obese. He started out all twiglike like the rest of us, but mum spoiled him by getting him any snacks he wanted because he had asthma. By the time he was ten he was very chubby and it just went downhill from there. He'd eat whole pizzas as snacks ("Oh, it could be worse. Atleast it's not fries."- mum) and fry up fatty snacks and fries after school nearly every day ("Boys will be boys" - mum). When it was dinnertime he'd ring downstairs and mum or I would take his plate upstairs so he could eat it in his room. It was not a pretty sight. My theory has always been that the extra weight made him feel insecure and he was taking it out on me. Compared to our younger sister I was an easy target, so... yeah.

Fortunately he started working out and eating healthy two years ago. He has lost a lot of weight and it in much better shape now. He has a good job, just bought his first house and there's this girl he's dating (he won't let us meet her until he's certain it's serious). He has no need to be insecure, but I'm sure he still is, because he still takes it out on me. When I complimented him on a new shirt, he told me I should start working out because I'd turn fat otherwise. So... yeah.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12847 on: June 20, 2014, 06:45:08 PM »

From personal experience I can say that things become a lot easier after everyone's out of the house.
Just some family dinner here and there.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12848 on: June 21, 2014, 04:49:17 AM »

My brother and I get along so much better now that there is an ocean between us.  Actually I think growing up helped a lot.  I know that saying time and distance helps doesn't exactly help you.   I'm failing to impart good advice.  Just listen to Dice.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12849 on: June 21, 2014, 08:25:23 AM »

This is the only site that works for me for some reason. I can't even get Google to work.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Klyde Chroma
Lvl. 7 Fruity Ninja and Dincrest groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12850 on: June 21, 2014, 07:43:42 PM »

From personal experience I can say that things become a lot easier after everyone's out of the house.
Just some family dinner here and there.

this.^^^

And if your like me you can simply skip dinner. Less frequent dealings with family whom I've not had the best relationships with, only lead to a greater appreciation and tolerance for one another in my experience.

Odd we are talking family ATM. I have lived by myself, with little communication with any family, for quite some time (years). But the truth of things is that while I enjoy my solitude of my house, it is a bit much for just me.

My mother lives in what would be considered by most to be a pretty abysmal environment that does not provide her even basic comforts such as heat. She has expressed in our brief communications many times that she wanted out but has not had the means to leave. I'm considering allowing/helping her to move into half my house now to make things a bit more financially managable for me, and far more pleasant for her. While my house and garage make this completely doable without being in each others space, the prospect of it still scares the daylights out of me.

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12851 on: June 21, 2014, 11:58:14 PM »

So last year I was wandering around downtown Columbus while Trotcon was going on. I didn't go because I'm not ACTUALLY a brony, but I WAS hanging around in a park right outside of the hotel where Trotcon was going on. Inside of this park, Richard Marx was setting up for a concert, and doing Right There Waiting For You as a like sound check.

Anyway, Trotcon's going on again today. I couldn't go rubberneck it because I had to work*, but I was over at Krogers a few minutes ago, and what else do I hear on the radio but Right There Waiting For You?

It's like Richard Marx is always right there, when late June comes around, waiting for me.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 08:51:00 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12852 on: June 22, 2014, 01:49:00 AM »

I'm BACK AT THE GYM....  MY EVERYTHING HURTS.

^ Dicey trying

Could be worse. You could be me at the gym:

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Dincrest
Cleanup Crew
RPGFan Editor

Smile... they'll think you're up to something.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12853 on: June 22, 2014, 03:42:20 PM »

Highlights of Nikstock 2014 (A camping festival we played this weekend):

-Me jumping into the crowd mid-song and trying to start a pit while catching everyone completely off guard.

-Playing firewood Jenga at some friendly folks' firepit

-Witnessing a desperate smoker offer my guitarist $20 for his last cigarette. He accepted it.

-"Teenage Dumpster Abortion Placenta"

And now that the school year is over (I work at a high school), training for the Philly Bike-a-Thon begins in earnest!
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 08:35:33 PM by Dincrest » Logged

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12854 on: June 22, 2014, 04:48:34 PM »

I have absolutely nothing impressive to share here lately. I work, I play some video games, and sometimes I weight lift.

TASTY!
Pages: 1 ... 855 856 [857] 858 859 ... 889 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: