Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 22, 2014, 01:51:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329412 Posts in 13493 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 856 857 [858] 859 860 ... 876 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 662641 times)
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12855 on: June 22, 2014, 06:46:20 PM »

I quit giving a shit about anything and ordered a 360 from Gamestop.

Anyway, on the checkout page, I entered a promo code for free shipping, but got an error saying it didn't apply to consoles. So I'm like, oh welp, and went to check out.

On the checkout screen, I saw that I wasn't being charged shipping.

EVEN WHEN I'M NOT TESTING SOFTWARE AT WORK I HAVE TO DEAL WITH SHITTY WEB CODING although in this case I guess it benefited me BUT STILL. JEEZ.

--- edit ---

It's 2AM and instead of sleeping 'cause I have work tomorrow, I'm listening to Public Enemy.

What am I doing with my life.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 02:05:55 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12856 on: June 23, 2014, 03:25:42 PM »

I have absolutely nothing impressive to share here lately. I work, I play some video games, and sometimes I weight lift.

Sounds like a damn near perfect day to me. The days that go ART-RUN-GAMES for me without anything else are the most rewarding and productive. No dramatics or shenanigans. Just a little coin in the pocket, a measure taken for my health (to ensure I can play more games in my lifetime... I mean, why else??), and some Klyde time. Tis' the way I wish each day would play out.

I quit giving a shit about anything and ordered a 360 from Gamestop.

*Thumbs Up*

In my realm I got cold feet when it came to letting my mother move in temporarily. It went from a strict restriction of space I was imposing to a timeframe in which she had to find a place of her own... and finally I sort just laid down a flat out "this isn't such a good idea and won't work, you can crash in the garage a few nights if you must" .... I feel like a jerk but I just can't shake the feeling that it would be an unhealthy move. I wish I was saying no to someone other than my own mother in this case. I would feel far less like a prick.

My mother is an awesome lady who really dealt with hell from me earlier in my life. i just want to keep my perception of her as such and not turn our relationship into something wicked is all.

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12857 on: June 23, 2014, 04:14:57 PM »

I got sick.

I've managed to rest somehow but I can't carry the weight of my body for too long.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12858 on: June 23, 2014, 07:18:41 PM »

Well fuck.

I don't think Gamestop was running this deal a week ago, but I go into one of the stores today (because I was wondering around the mall in a daze while waiting for the build to deploy at work) and they had this thing that was like, 250Gig Xbox + 2 controls + 2 used games valued under 20 dollars*, for the same price as the thing I bought online.

Which was invariably a better deal than what I got.

I have no idea if I can return the thing I bought and say "Whoops ordered the wrong bundle" and get the in-store deal instead.

* Assuming this is two games valued under 20 dollars a piece. If it's twenty total, that's not a great deal.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12859 on: June 23, 2014, 07:39:50 PM »

Well fuck.

I don't think Gamestop was running this deal a week ago, but I go into one of the stores today (because I was wondering around the mall in a daze while waiting for the build to deploy at work) and they had this thing that was like, 250Gig Xbox + 2 controls + 2 used games valued under 20 dollars*, for the same price as the thing I bought online.

Which was invariably a better deal than what I got.

I have no idea if I can return the thing I bought and say "Whoops ordered the wrong bundle" and get the in-store deal instead.

* Assuming this is two games valued under 20 dollars a piece. If it's twenty total, that's not a great deal.
Yes you can return it, no questions asked. Yes, said games are to be valued at 20 bucks a piece. Only issue you may have is returning the delivered system to a store instead of back through shipping. Either way, not a big deal.

TASTY!
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12860 on: June 23, 2014, 09:10:13 PM »

I called up gamestop and they implied I could return it all individually instead of as a bundle but I couldn't tell if they meant like, trade in value or just... returning it individually. I'll try to talk to someone in person tomorrow over lunch.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12861 on: June 23, 2014, 10:19:47 PM »

I called up gamestop and they implied I could return it all individually instead of as a bundle but I couldn't tell if they meant like, trade in value or just... returning it individually. I'll try to talk to someone in person tomorrow over lunch.

Knowing Gamestop they probably meant as a trade in :P

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12862 on: June 23, 2014, 11:21:19 PM »

Used stuff is 7 days for full refund. New stuff minus accessories is unopened 30 day full refund, opened 30 day exchange.

TASTY!
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12863 on: June 24, 2014, 12:51:21 AM »

You can honestly probably bitch and complain about poor service and they'll eventually concede provided you didn't do anything to goofy to the system itself.  If it's a price issue, they often honour it.

Highlights of Nikstock 2014 (A camping festival we played this weekend):

-Me jumping into the crowd mid-song and trying to start a pit while catching everyone completely off guard.

-Playing firewood Jenga at some friendly folks' firepit

-Witnessing a desperate smoker offer my guitarist $20 for his last cigarette. He accepted it.

-"Teenage Dumpster Abortion Placenta"

And now that the school year is over (I work at a high school), training for the Philly Bike-a-Thon begins in earnest!

This sounds awesome. xD
Minus teenage dumpster abortion placenta. Brr
Definitely good return on that cigarette.  Well done on a nutty weekend full of rock, fun, and crazies! :)

I got sick.

I've managed to rest somehow but I can't carry the weight of my body for too long.

Sounds like a doozy.  I hate the short breath during a real bad illness.  Last time I was sick though I slept and played games...  Made it...ok, as far as being sick goes.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12864 on: June 24, 2014, 07:30:47 PM »

So Dublin apparently never installed drainage on the roads for aesthetic reasons, and now they're flooded the fuck out.

Fun fact about buses? They can drive through like a foot of standing water like it's nothing, while the little sports cars are just all SHIT I DUNNO WHAT TO DO.

Used stuff is 7 days for full refund. New stuff minus accessories is unopened 30 day full refund, opened 30 day exchange.

Yeah but do they let you do line item returns on bundled stuff? Cause that's... what it sounded like the game waitress was implying.

... Actually I guess that's going to depend on how the receipt's done up. The thing on line has... line-item pricing scaled to the value of the bundle.

Also I wonder if "7 days" is "7 days after I ordered it" or "7 days after it got here."
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 07:53:44 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not dream o/`

Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12865 on: June 24, 2014, 07:40:50 PM »

Highlights of Nikstock 2014 (A camping festival we played this weekend):

-Me jumping into the crowd mid-song and trying to start a pit while catching everyone completely off guard.

-Playing firewood Jenga at some friendly folks' firepit

-Witnessing a desperate smoker offer my guitarist $20 for his last cigarette. He accepted it.

-"Teenage Dumpster Abortion Placenta"

And now that the school year is over (I work at a high school), training for the Philly Bike-a-Thon begins in earnest!

This sounds awesome. xD
Minus teenage dumpster abortion placenta. Brr
Definitely good return on that cigarette.  Well done on a nutty weekend full of rock, fun, and crazies! :)

My favorite summer festival, Smitefest, is still coming up.  It's a week after the Bike-a-Thon I'm riding, so that should be killer.  And I'd tell you the truth behind "Teenage Dumpster Abortion Placenta" but I'd rather let imaginations run wacky. 

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12866 on: June 24, 2014, 07:46:54 PM »

Just took a nap and I feel three times as tired before I laid down.

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12867 on: June 24, 2014, 07:50:39 PM »

I can't take naps.

Either I end up sleeping for 8 hours or I wake up feeling warm, sweaty and with a headache and no sense of proper time.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12868 on: June 24, 2014, 07:54:48 PM »

I can't take naps.

Either I end up sleeping for 8 hours or I wake up feeling warm, sweaty and with a headache and no sense of proper time.

Me too!!  I never do them.  The only time I do nap is when I'm sick (or facing ridiculously early/late hours doing university work), and now I've made a bad association.  The fogginess makes me feel too gross.

I was once going on 3 hours of sleep/...  I powered through that whole goddamn day to spite naps!

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12869 on: June 24, 2014, 08:24:54 PM »

If I could I'd just go back to sleep and sleep until work tomorrow
Pages: 1 ... 856 857 [858] 859 860 ... 876 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: