Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2014, 03:27:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338121 Posts in 13842 Topics by 2214 Members
Latest Member: CoreSignal
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 860 861 [862] 863 864 ... 908 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 740097 times)
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12915 on: July 01, 2014, 10:41:19 PM »

My mother kept me off school on my birthday. :P

I feel it's justified.  I will work ANY holiday (especially for time and a half pay) but I will take off my birthday. 

Happy Birthday is t-e-c-h-n-i-c-a-l-l-y MY HAPPY NEW YEAR. :D

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12916 on: July 01, 2014, 11:58:32 PM »

I thought D said he was only living with/working with his dad to... basically babysit him.
I did and it's more or less true. He's not an invalid, but there's a significant lack of capabality on his end and I'm pretty much scared that one day I'll come see him in a recliner, dead.

Moving out is beginning to become more of an option though, since both of my sister's now live fairly close to our house. But, as dincrest mentioned, cost of living in new york is pretty ludicrous. Single room apartments in bad neighborhoods generally start at 900 bucks a month, not including electricity which usually averages out in the city to 100 bucks a month and double in the summer when you include an air conditioner. Add internet and phone at about 80 bucks a month each and you're looking at an easy 1200 bucks a month in just standard living expenses. A coworker of mi e ballparked his monthly living costs to 2 grand living in staten island, and he has a 1 bedroom apartment at 1500 a month. Long and short of it is nyc is expensive.

TASTY!
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12917 on: July 02, 2014, 12:02:02 AM »

My mother kept me off school on my birthday. :P

I remember 2 things about my birthday where it lead to something extra through a school or work day.

#1 was in high school. I had forgotten to do something and it was my 5th minor error. With the system they had in place it meant I was getting 1h detention (my high school was public, pretty shit and in a poor area... so they were extra nazi on discipline to try and control the kids).

Now, I wasn't a problematic kid; I just forgot to do some stuff sometimes. Heck, I once beat up someone and the hall monitor pretty much looked the other way because I was the good kid beating his bully (and that's how I learned that smashing a bully's face in DOES stop the bullying - and they said violence never solved anything...)
But I digress...

As the teacher was writing the paper for my 5th and detention, I put all my chips on the table and went for the gamble asking her to just not write the 5th one as a birthday favor. She wrote it up, then signed it as if I went and did the detention (clearing all 5 instead of just hers) and told me happy birthday.
That was pretty cool of her.

#2 happened last year. I got to my cubicle in the morning and someone had written H A P P Y  B I R T H D A Y on multi-color post-its and put them on my screen and left a treat next to my keyboard. That made my day.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12918 on: July 02, 2014, 12:13:59 AM »

I thought D said he was only living with/working with his dad to... basically babysit him.
I did and it's more or less true. He's not an invalid, but there's a significant lack of capabality on his end and I'm pretty much scared that one day I'll come see him in a recliner, dead.

Moving out is beginning to become more of an option though, since both of my sister's now live fairly close to our house. But, as dincrest mentioned, cost of living in new york is pretty ludicrous. Single room apartments in bad neighborhoods generally start at 900 bucks a month, not including electricity which usually averages out in the city to 100 bucks a month and double in the summer when you include an air conditioner. Add internet and phone at about 80 bucks a month each and you're looking at an easy 1200 bucks a month in just standard living expenses. A coworker of mi e ballparked his monthly living costs to 2 grand living in staten island, and he has a 1 bedroom apartment at 1500 a month. Long and short of it is nyc is expensive.

Holy fuck, 1500 a month for a one bedroom in staten island? Fuck that I'd take queens any day.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12919 on: July 02, 2014, 12:20:17 AM »

Holy fuck, 1500 a month for a one bedroom in staten island? Fuck that I'd take queens any day.
Friend of mine moved to queens 4 years ago with a roommate, rent was 1400 for a modified 2 bedroom. He has since moved on to bigger and cheaper apartments.

TASTY!
Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12920 on: July 02, 2014, 12:20:59 AM »

It over midnight now, so happy birthday D =)
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12921 on: July 02, 2014, 12:25:42 AM »

Thanks anuubis, and an advance thank you to everyone else who wishes it, cuz I'm going to sleep.

TASTY!
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12922 on: July 02, 2014, 04:26:35 AM »

I don't know if I'm early or late due to the timezone, but happy birthday! /(^^)/

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12923 on: July 02, 2014, 04:27:37 AM »

It's my birthday on Jupiter. Where is my cake.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12924 on: July 02, 2014, 07:45:43 AM »

On Jupiter. Have at it birthday boy.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12925 on: July 02, 2014, 09:11:50 AM »

I hear on jupiter, the cake bakes you.

TASTY!
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12926 on: July 02, 2014, 09:15:10 AM »

Sailor Jupiter is baking a cake for Goosey's birthday?  I'm sooooo there!!!!

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12927 on: July 02, 2014, 09:39:03 AM »

Sailor Jupiter is baking a cake for Goosey's birthday?  I'm sooooo there!!!!

Jupiter was the 'not cute' sailor =/
Will Mercury be there also?
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12928 on: July 02, 2014, 10:45:33 AM »

speaking of Jupiter:

The big red spot is shrinking

and

Jupiter Ascending is ...descending to theaters in the winter instead of this summer.

I just preordered the Destiny PS4 grundle bundle
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 11:26:49 AM by Yoda » Logged
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12929 on: July 02, 2014, 02:07:34 PM »

speaking of Jupiter:

The big red spot is shrinking

and

Jupiter Ascending is ...descending to theaters in the winter instead of this summer.

I just preordered the Destiny PS4 grundle bundle
If you liked either borderlands or halo, preferably both, you will be happy with your new investment.

TASTY!
Pages: 1 ... 860 861 [862] 863 864 ... 908 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: