Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 24, 2014, 12:34:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327303 Posts in 13402 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 864 865 [866] 867 868 869 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 638420 times)
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12975 on: July 13, 2014, 09:02:50 AM »

I have unknowingly deceived you all and I am sorry.

I am in fact, not 6'7 as I had first thought. I am 6'2.

I hope this doesn't change our relationship. Size isn't everything, right?

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Dincrest
Onoda
RPGFan Editor

Lieutenant Commander Vacation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12976 on: July 13, 2014, 04:09:26 PM »

At 1:17PM today, I officially rode my bicycle (affectionately namedTamara Ny) 65 miles in the Philadelphia Bike-a-thon. Words simply cannot describe the experience. I rode Tamara Ny longer, harder, and faster than I ever have, and she took it. We (yes, my bicycle has a soul) soared up the hills (after skinny tire riders would smoke me on the straights, I'd roar past them on the hills), we danced in the rain (there was a 15 minute stretch when it rained; it was glorious!), and survived those last 10 brutal miles. Strong headwind, my leg cramped up at the 56 mile mark, but I just dropped to granny gearing, worked the kink out, and powered to the finish.

My legs are aching, I'm absolutely spent, but I CANNOT wait to do this again next time and do more distance rides like this.

And I definitely want to make a return to the straight-edge lifestyle. Cycling is the only drug I'll ever need. Waking up at 4AM this morning has NEVER felt this fantastic!

I approve of this nonsense!
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12977 on: July 13, 2014, 05:56:44 PM »

Let's see how you feel tomorrow, Mr. Straight and Narrow :)
Dincrest
Onoda
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12978 on: July 13, 2014, 06:04:39 PM »

I was straight-edge for 2 years till I fell off the wagon for a year and a half.  And I haven't had any alcohol or other intoxicants for the month I was training, and I've never felt better.  I don't regret the time I fell off the wagon, but I felt like fate gave me the call to arms to come back to the 'edge.

EDIT: And big ups to my riding partner.  He's a cancer survivor, talked me into doing the ride, and is awesome.  I call him "Captain Jack" because his name's Jack and he was our team captain. 
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 06:30:24 PM by Dincrest » Logged

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12979 on: July 13, 2014, 06:36:46 PM »

Dincrest, that's an impressive feat. Congratulations to your accomplishment!

TASTY!
Dincrest
Onoda
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12980 on: July 13, 2014, 07:21:30 PM »

Thanks.  With a metric century under my belt (65 miles= about 105km), my next goal is to ride a century (100 miles).

Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12981 on: July 13, 2014, 08:05:48 PM »

I was straight-edge for 2 years till I fell off the wagon for a year and a half.  And I haven't had any alcohol or other intoxicants for the month I was training, and I've never felt better.  I don't regret the time I fell off the wagon, but I felt like fate gave me the call to arms to come back to the 'edge.

EDIT: And big ups to my riding partner.  He's a cancer survivor, talked me into doing the ride, and is awesome.  I call him "Captain Jack" because his name's Jack and he was our team captain. 

I was more referring to the after-effects of the long bike ride
Aurian

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12982 on: July 13, 2014, 08:22:21 PM »

Very impressive! Bravo!
(Hope you're not aching to bits tomorrow!)
Dincrest
Onoda
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12983 on: July 13, 2014, 08:25:54 PM »

EDIT: And big ups to my riding partner.  He's a cancer survivor, talked me into doing the ride, and is awesome.  I call him "Captain Jack" because his name's Jack and he was our team captain.  

I was more referring to the after-effects of the long bike ride

A lot of cyclists do drink a beer post-ride to quickly replenish carbs.  

But, yeah, I'll probably be a smidge sore tomorrow.

Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12984 on: July 13, 2014, 08:54:13 PM »

Got rear ended at high speed last week. My newish car is fucked up. About 10k damage. My back and neck are messed up. Blah.
PLEASE tell me you're suing the pants off the perso  who nailed you?

We will see what happens. Right now the insurance is dealing with it. I am filing a claim for the diminished value of my vehicle. I sent the repair bill to an appraiser and they said it lost probably about 9k in value if I were to trade it in today vs before I got hit. Then I will see what happens with my "pain and suffering". The insurance adjuster already said we will talk about that in a few weeks. He brought it up, not me. My medical bills are 3k right now, which they are paying for, but I need physical therapy. So we will see what they say.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12985 on: July 13, 2014, 11:21:23 PM »

Got rear ended at high speed last week. My newish car is fucked up. About 10k damage. My back and neck are messed up. Blah.

We will see what happens. Right now the insurance is dealing with it. I am filing a claim for the diminished value of my vehicle. I sent the repair bill to an appraiser and they said it lost probably about 9k in value if I were to trade it in today vs before I got hit. Then I will see what happens with my "pain and suffering". The insurance adjuster already said we will talk about that in a few weeks. He brought it up, not me. My medical bills are 3k right now, which they are paying for, but I need physical therapy. So we will see what they say.
I'm not one to milk an injury for sympathy, but fuck that noise, get your dues. I hope you do well man, I really do.

TASTY!
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12986 on: July 13, 2014, 11:32:32 PM »

Remember when the future looked like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RErxbHLzT8A

?

Reminds me of Reboot.

I used to love the future.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12987 on: July 14, 2014, 12:47:54 AM »

I'm not one to milk an injury for sympathy, but fuck that noise, get your dues. I hope you do well man, I really do.

Yeah. I don't like the litigious society we are in today, but the last week has been hellish. I have a figure in mind and if they get there I will be happy.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12988 on: July 14, 2014, 01:44:15 AM »

Had a mixture of a really shitty weekend and a really amazing one. Everything after 12PM on Saturday has been amazing and everything before sucked balls. But the good helped me deal with the bad: got to spend the weekend with a couple close friends from high school, played D&D with them and some other peeps, drank a lot, played multiplayer games and ate the best fucking hot dog I've ever had. Got home to find my PS4 arrived, and now it's all set up. :)

Here's to hoping we all have a better week than the last one!
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12989 on: July 14, 2014, 07:32:47 PM »

You go to a certain restaurant after 11PM at night, at a time when few other patrons are there. The waitress will come up and ask you what you'd like. Say you want the Chef's Special of the Day -- phrase it exactly like that -- and the waitress will walk off without acknowledgement. After some time, she will bring out a bowl of teeth. Despite being teeth, you will find it irresistible to eat them, and they will be the most delicious thing you have ever eaten. However, as you do so, your own teeth will fall out and into the bowl. This is what is served to the next guess.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Pages: 1 ... 864 865 [866] 867 868 869 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: