Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2014, 09:56:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338011 Posts in 13838 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 868 869 [870] 871 872 ... 908 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 738922 times)
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13035 on: July 27, 2014, 09:18:29 AM »

As a nurse I can tell you that one of the most frustrating things about the medical field are doctors not communicating and trying to get information between hospitals.

That oncology nurse overstepped some bounds by assuming chemo wouldn't be needed. Sorry for the hard times. It sounds like you're giving your mom some excellent support.

I saw NIN and Soundgarden the other day. NIN sounded amazing as always and Chris Cornell looked and sound like he stepped right out of the 90s.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13036 on: July 27, 2014, 05:57:51 PM »

Woohoo rain.

Talking about gaming ranks /way/ up there on a list of things that make me feel like complete shit.

It's like, yeah, thanks for telling me how much of a faggot I am for not liking Square's SNES output at all, and thanks for the input on how I'm just some kid that's trying to be a hater to act cool and edgy and I'm sure that me being completely miserable all the time is also just me trying to be cool and edgy and has nothing to do with being stuck in a city that's gone to hell, working at a job on a project that's gone to hell, being unable to relate to my family and coworkers anymore, and having some problems that are really fucking with me emotionally that I really can't do a goddamn thing about -- things that are physically unfixable.

Shit son I WISH I had things together enough to have the mental bandwidth for being a hater for the sake of it.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 10:23:41 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13037 on: July 28, 2014, 10:26:20 AM »

I had a dream I was accused of plagiarism in a class and sentenced to 3 years in jail and had to turn myself in tomorrow. It was one of those hyper-realistic dreams that when I woke up I had to convince myself it wasn't real. 
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #13038 on: July 28, 2014, 03:51:40 PM »

I'm in the middle of signing back into every online community I am a part of because somehow my cat erased my entire browser cache while playing with a piece of string on my desk.

...or she just managed to open Firefox in some kind of safe mode.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 03:58:11 PM by Klutz64 » Logged
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13039 on: July 28, 2014, 11:49:59 PM »

You know how young children /always/ cry when they fall, even if they don't hurt themselves?

If you never respond to them crying when they're not actually hurt, does that eventually condition them quit doing it?

o/` I do not dream o/`

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13040 on: July 29, 2014, 11:35:22 AM »

Some very neglected children won't cry as much as children who aren't neglected. They either learn that their parents don't respond to it at all, or they respond to it negatively.

It's very sad. My dad volunteers for the Childrens Panel in Scotland and has seem some very rough cases.

As for a healthy kid with relatively attentive parents, I imagine they will still cry, just for the attention. They would have to fall down a lot and it be ignored completely for them not to.

That being said I've seen kids fall and then get back up again to go play more. I think it depends whether or not they bored or wanting attention.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 11:37:26 AM by Starmongoose » Logged

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13041 on: July 29, 2014, 12:38:51 PM »

I think Mesh has been pushing kids to see how they react, again.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13042 on: July 29, 2014, 02:23:44 PM »

I think Mesh has been pushing kids to see how they react, again.

Gotta have a hobby.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #13043 on: July 29, 2014, 03:07:34 PM »

So I was looking for something to read, and after a quick glance through my bookshelf, picked out .Hack//Another Birth. After reading just one chapter, I am once again in full .Hack Mania. Stopped reading the book to watch .Hack//SIGN for the umpteenth time, and I've also made sure my PS2 is in working order so afterwards I can play through Infection-Quarantine again while simultaneously reading Another Birth. Then I'll watch Roots and play through GU.

I recognize I probably love this series a little *too* much, but whatever. Oddly enough it's indirectly the reason the MMO is my favorite sub-genre of RPGs.

I'm still kind of miffed that .Hack//Fragment never got off the ground.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13044 on: July 29, 2014, 05:00:36 PM »

We got back from our trip yesterday afternoon.
I tallied over 2000 miles on my new Crosstrek in 6 days! It rocked the vacation, though. Great gas mileage, plenty of room for all sorts of stuff, and a smooth ride.
Pennsylvania is a beautiful state. I loved driving through the mountains. We also visited Laurel Caverns, which is South of Pittsburgh. It was cool, but I was bummed that those caves didn't have stalactites or stalagmites.
My wife did her weekend long hardcore exercise conference thing, and my son and I saw a big ass battleship(USS New Jersey), visited an Aquarium, and explored around town.
Philly was a bit of a letdown, besides the Mutter Museum. The lines were forever long to see the Liberty bell or get into the Museum, so we said screw it. Plus the city was too congested, and had a funk about it.
I almost had a chance to meet Pat Gann(Ramza), but our schedules just didn't jive. Bummer.
Overall, it was a lot of fun. Next year I think we got the opposite direction. West, or Northwest.

CW, I'm bummed to hear about your mom, and all the troubles you're going through. I really hope things get resolved and she gets the help she needs.

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: A Canticle for Leibowitz
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13045 on: July 30, 2014, 12:35:48 AM »

o/` I do not dream o/`

dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13046 on: July 30, 2014, 06:00:36 AM »

I'm excited for tomorrow. It's the last day I'm scheduled to work until 4 am. Now that the busy spring/summer season is coming to an end, no more 7pm to 4 am shifts and all of my shifts will be 8pm to 12 am or 9pm to 1 am. What makes me sad is that means school is right around the corner, so that means I need to study for the GMAT even more and start studying accounting again.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13047 on: July 31, 2014, 06:01:44 PM »

So the person that stole my PS4 has been playing Injustice on my PSN account. Lucky for me! The good news is that I contacted Sony and they happily gave me the IP address that they logged in at. I contacted the police officer that took the original report and he hasn't called me back yet. I did a geolocate on the IP address and I know what city it is near, or in, and it turns out my roommate knows people there. Interesting indeed.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13048 on: July 31, 2014, 07:31:44 PM »

That's what season 6 of the Wire would've been like if they made it that far.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13049 on: July 31, 2014, 11:59:04 PM »

Philly was a bit of a letdown, besides the Mutter Museum. The lines were forever long to see the Liberty bell or get into the Museum, so we said screw it. Plus the city was too congested, and had a funk about it.

There's a reason they call it "Filthadelphia." 

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Pages: 1 ... 868 869 [870] 871 872 ... 908 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: