Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 22, 2014, 02:53:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341285 Posts in 13947 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 873 874 [875] 876 877 ... 924 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 765499 times)
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13110 on: August 15, 2014, 10:10:49 PM »

Mesh clearly doesn't want to succeed in this here cruel world of intrigue, suspense, and haberdashery
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13111 on: August 15, 2014, 10:34:27 PM »

I have to agree with Mesh here.
Nobody wants to see a 900-year-old willy.

Unless it's Larry King's, obvs.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #13112 on: August 16, 2014, 05:56:10 PM »

Successfully moved into a new apartment. Exhausted beyond belief, but I'm extremely happy with the results. Much more room and I was able to set up my bedroom so that I can watch TV while at my computer. This will make it much easier to set time aside for writing. I threw away my dresser and ordered a new one, so I have nowhere to put clothes until Wednesday but I think I'll survive. The other thing I'm worried about is that the way I have my furniture arranged allows my cat easy access to the display shelf I usually put my fragile stuff on. I'm not exactly sure how I'm going to address that.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13113 on: August 17, 2014, 01:33:05 AM »

Splurged on a new gaming laptop. I have a hard time buying myself expensive stuff and feel like I should save my money. I got a big chunk of change for my diminished value so I was still able to put a bunch in my savings account.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13114 on: August 17, 2014, 08:58:32 AM »

Friday was India's Independence Day, so happy independence weekend to our Indian readership.

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13115 on: August 17, 2014, 10:32:51 AM »

Oooooh that's probably why the Indian cultural festival was going on this weekend in C-bus.

On an unrelated note I appear to be sleepwalking again, and I had a five dollar off coupon for Play-Asia that I forgot to use. OH WELP.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13116 on: August 18, 2014, 02:42:06 AM »

I'm attending a con in a few weeks, but I wish it was in Germany instead of the Netherlands. Dutch cons are obsessed with rules. They have rules for the sake of having rules. Just a few months ago, one our largest organizations spend two hours discussing whether one of the small groups (organisations depend on groups of fans for nearly every type of activity and service) could give free biscuits to the people who needed their services. The risks of crumbles was one of the main discussion points.

Most rules don't even make sense. Like, you can't have bags with you, anywhere. They may overlook a fannypack, but those rules change without warning. This is because bags could get in the way and could endanger lives in case of fire (unlike big ass cosplays, those are perfectly safe, of course). Or they could be used to steal things (as if a thief needs a bag to so, they'd just wear baggy clothes). Clothes with large pockets are totally okay, though. A friend of mine likes wearing cargo trousers. They're black and pink and magic. You could fit two days worth of food and water in there. Her trousers are a-okay, my tiny bag that barely fits my wallet, 3DS and mobile phone is a danger to all. And yes, we have offered to leave the trousers at the entrance. Strangely enough, the offer was not taken.

German cons are much more relaxed. They're like 'Have fun, but don't go running around with cosplay weapons like a Darwin Award waiting to happen, and be nice to your fellow visitors and our special guests. Also, don't get drunk or do drugs. kbtx.'

And the worst part? As a somewhat important fan I'm not allowed to say anything about these rules in a somewhat official setting. Apparently putting the bag rule in a negative light could lead to diplomatic trouble. The bag rule is sacred. Blah.
ultra7k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13117 on: August 19, 2014, 12:55:30 PM »

Been carless for about 16 months, just ended up taking transit to work. But, since I'm getting married next month, and when the wife comes over from Korea in November, I figured we'd need a car to get around and do stuff.

Besides, I wouldn't want to subject her to the transit system here (would be a massive downgrade compared to Seoul). After much searching, ended up finding a fully loaded 2004 Mazda 6 for $3500 in great shape so I jumped on that.

Can't wait to pick it up today after work...time is just not passing right now.
OrsonFury

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #13118 on: August 19, 2014, 04:05:00 PM »

Did something this morning that I haven't done since I was a little kid.

I slammed my thumb on a door. This door happened to be my car door. I even heard a "semi-click" sound before the pain sent a signal to my brain.

Worst part wasn't the pain. The worst part was actually screaming in embarrassingly high pitch notes.

My wife unfortunately was there to witness all this humor in the passenger seat and make fun of me. I told her I was trying not to wake up the neighbors at 6:45 AM.

I have a nice black/blood stain over the nail as a friendly reminder to not rush leaving for work in the morning. Fortunately, I didn't break my finger and I can still bend it ok. Just had to ice it for 15 minutes to get the swelling down and 2 Ibuprofens.

Playing: SMTIV (3DS).
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13119 on: August 19, 2014, 04:14:44 PM »

While I was on a morning run, I thought "if selfies existed in Final Fantasy VIII, would Selphie be a selfie queen?" 

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13120 on: August 19, 2014, 05:09:11 PM »

While I was on a morning run, I thought "if selfies existed in Final Fantasy VIII, would Selphie be a selfie queen?" 

I can see her taking selfies on different trains.
ultra7k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13121 on: August 19, 2014, 05:23:43 PM »

I slammed my thumb on a door. This door happened to be my car door. I even heard a "semi-click" sound before the pain sent a signal to my brain.

Worst part wasn't the pain. The worst part was actually screaming in embarrassingly high pitch notes.

My wife unfortunately was there to witness all this humor in the passenger seat and make fun of me. I told her I was trying not to wake up the neighbors at 6:45 AM.

I have a nice black/blood stain over the nail as a friendly reminder to not rush leaving for work in the morning. Fortunately, I didn't break my finger and I can still bend it ok. Just had to ice it for 15 minutes to get the swelling down and 2 Ibuprofens.

I remember doing that as a kid as well. Once with the microwave oven door, and then with the car door.

Never again.

Hope it feels better soon.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13122 on: August 19, 2014, 08:14:14 PM »

Dinner tonight is molasses and english muffins, cereal, and a yogurt.

This has been my dinner every night for the past week and a half.

Prior to that I was just eating cereal and yogurt and a mustard-flavored granola bar, cause I didn't have molasses at that point. Although the day I got the molasses, I didn't have any english muffins so I put the molasses on the yogurt.

I think I'm going to try putting molasses in coffee next.

My life is a mess.

Also what the doublefuck?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 08:19:31 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not dream o/`

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13123 on: August 20, 2014, 01:10:28 AM »

I only slammed my finger in a car door once and that was when I was a kid too. It wasn't at the "end" of the door where the handle is, but near the part with the hinge. I don't know what the fuck happened. I must've been fucking around and had my finger in the crack (hehehehHEHE) and then someone closed the door. Because of how a door closes near the hinge I'm glad I still have a finger.

Damn that sucked.

Blood blisters are not fun... have fun busting that bad boy
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13124 on: August 20, 2014, 01:35:04 AM »

Blood blisters are not fun... have fun busting that bad boy

As a chronic pedestrian, I've had blood blisters on both feet consistently for the past, oh, eight or nine yeHOLY SHIT I STARTED COLLEGE NINE YEARS AGO?

Man somehow I never imagined myself living at Hewlett Packard and spending all of my disposable income on video games and food but I guess I shoulda seen that coming.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Pages: 1 ... 873 874 [875] 876 877 ... 924 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: