Author Topic: Whats the haps?  (Read 3876093 times)

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
Re: What's the haps?
« Reply #15030 on: August 01, 2015, 11:51:13 PM »
Put up 375 on the flat bench today. Minor spot, but I got it up.

I'm starting to wonder how long it will take to make me look like that dude from game of thrones, the mountain I think is his name. I'll take 6 steps with that 1500 pound log on my back...one day.

There's a documentary about how and where he trains.
Dude used to be tiny too (relatively).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8A7woRoVwyM
That video made me want to lift right now. I'm gonna get what Jon Pall Sigmarsson said on a t-shirt. "What's the point of being alive if you can't do a deadlift?"
Words to live by.

Edit: Sorry, he actually said "There's no reason to be alive if you can't do a deadlift"
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 02:45:03 PM by Agent D. »

TASTY!

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #15031 on: August 02, 2015, 10:54:25 AM »
How did Equilibrium become such a cult hit?
Not that I mind at all.

Klyde Chroma

• LVL. 99 - Midnight Crusader
    • View Profile
« Reply #15032 on: August 02, 2015, 05:18:22 PM »
It is so odd how the mind works. Or more accurately, how the mind malfunctions in wake of excessive stress.

I have found myself VERY irritable and abnormally pessimistic in the last few days.

Even my musical selections have been very out of the norm.

So finally, reaching a boiling point yesterday, I assumed my protein intake had to be too high causing an excess of ammonia to build in my system. After carefully reconfiguring some dietary components and reading way more then I care to admit, it blindsided me that there may be other factors I over-looked.

The last few days looked a little something like the following:
Excessive work, piss poor sleep, butt heads with a client over doing a tattoo I really felt strongly about, NO GAME TIME, more work, still no sleep, finally gave in and did the tattoo I didn't want to (cause I knew they wouldn't like it), no sleep, NO GAME TIME, cat naps, more work, call from client about why her tattoo looks the way it does and she is not happy (surprise surprise)....

BUT OF COURSE MY PISS POOR MOOD HAD TO BE THE RESULT OF AMMONIA!!!

This is why, I make a better ninja than a thinking man.

As an aside, "The Cure" really produced some better music than I ever gave them credit for. THE END.

EDIT: The purpose of this post BTW, is simply to tell on myself for exercising broken "Chroma Logic" and letting that influence my decision making.  My intuitions serve me well in regard to art and games, outside of those things its clearly best for me to make educated conclusions based on objective fact and not think further into things where dots begin connecting that are not even in fact dots. I feel like I draw dots that don't exist sometimes, make the connection between self-realized "dots" and go "EUREKA!!! I FOUND THE PROBLEM"!!!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 05:25:24 PM by Klyde Chroma »
I am more a battlefield than a Ninja.

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15033 on: August 02, 2015, 07:13:25 PM »
It is so odd how the mind works. Or more accurately, how the mind malfunctions in wake of excessive stress.

I have found myself VERY irritable and abnormally pessimistic in the last few days.

Even my musical selections have been very out of the norm.

So finally, reaching a boiling point yesterday, I assumed my protein intake had to be too high causing an excess of ammonia to build in my system. After carefully reconfiguring some dietary components and reading way more then I care to admit, it blindsided me that there may be other factors I over-looked.

The last few days looked a little something like the following:
Excessive work, piss poor sleep, butt heads with a client over doing a tattoo I really felt strongly about, NO GAME TIME, more work, still no sleep, finally gave in and did the tattoo I didn't want to (cause I knew they wouldn't like it), no sleep, NO GAME TIME, cat naps, more work, call from client about why her tattoo looks the way it does and she is not happy (surprise surprise)....

BUT OF COURSE MY PISS POOR MOOD HAD TO BE THE RESULT OF AMMONIA!!!

This is why, I make a better ninja than a thinking man.

As an aside, "The Cure" really produced some better music than I ever gave them credit for. THE END.

EDIT: The purpose of this post BTW, is simply to tell on myself for exercising broken "Chroma Logic" and letting that influence my decision making.  My intuitions serve me well in regard to art and games, outside of those things its clearly best for me to make educated conclusions based on objective fact and not think further into things where dots begin connecting that are not even in fact dots. I feel like I draw dots that don't exist sometimes, make the connection between self-realized "dots" and go "EUREKA!!! I FOUND THE PROBLEM"!!!
Klyde, make people sign contracts when you tattoo them. In very fine print, make sure it says "In the event that you bitch at me about any work I have done after I explain full well the consequence of your choice in design, i retain the right to tattoo on your ass a dunce cap, making you an asshat".

TASTY!

Yoda

• Fear is the Mind Killer
  • Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light
    • View Profile
« Reply #15034 on: August 02, 2015, 11:34:08 PM »
Put up 375 on the flat bench today. Minor spot, but I got it up.

I'm starting to wonder how long it will take to make me look like that dude from game of thrones, the mountain I think is his name. I'll take 6 steps with that 1500 pound log on my back...one day.

There's a documentary about how and where he trains.
Dude used to be tiny too (relatively).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8A7woRoVwyM
That video made me want to lift right now. I'm gonna get what Jon Pall Sigmarsson said on a t-shirt. "What's the point of being alive if you can't do a deadlift?"
Words to live by.

Edit: Sorry, he actually said "There's no reason to be alive if you can't do a deadlift"

That's my favorite edit in history

Klyde Chroma

• View Profile
« Reply #15035 on: August 03, 2015, 12:35:58 AM »
Klyde, make people sign contracts when you tattoo them. In very fine print, make sure it says "In the event that you bitch at me about any work I have done after I explain full well the consequence of your choice in design, i retain the right to tattoo on your ass a dunce cap, making you an asshat".

Asshat is too kind a choice of words in this instance, I would have to insist on something more brutal like fucktard.

None the less, the suggestion is noted and in all honesty I think I should amend my release forms to clearly absolve myself of blame in instances of stupidity that I cannot rightfully claim as my own. I thought I covered all my bases with my paperwork but I've clearly overlooked some things.

All that aside, I HATE TATTOOING ASSES. It's difficult on some individuals, to say the least. While we are on the subject, it hurts like sin too (just in case anyone was curious). I had two girls sign their names on my ass (with the tattoo machine) and it hurt like hell for as minimalistic as the signatures are.

Yup, one cheek of mines sports "Marilyn" and the other "Abby". Both ladies chose to incorporate hearts as well. Some of my favorite tattoos actually on account of **RANDOM**

I also have "Alex Frekey" on my left arm (once again, sig done by the man himself). He was actually one of the contestants on that wrestling show "tough enough". Real cool dude who was awesome to know, work on, and eventually call my friend.

Someday my body is gonna look like a year book.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #15036 on: August 03, 2015, 10:21:55 AM »
I was in Bonn (Germany) for AnimagiC this weekend and this is what I learned:

-Amateur anime theatre can be highly entertaining. I watched a musical in which Haruhi (from the The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya) tried to make a Disney movie. It was amazing. Apparently this is something German people do in their free time: write and perform 90 minute musicals at anime conventions.

-Wasps are the true rulers of Bonn and they do not want to anywhere near soda fountains or bread.

-Bleach cosplayers are the nicest cosplayers.

-Inflation aside, German manga prices are still nice and low (buying American editions is kind of expensive right now and the quality of German editions is the same if not higher).

-Don't try to buy manga from a Comic Book Guy fifteen minutes before closing. He does not want your money.

-I haven't made any improvements when it comes to speaking German. I can understand the people I speak to just fine, but I can never seem to find the words I need to reply. When I've finally figured out what words I need (and in what order), they've already started speaking again. I've noticed some people find it endearing, but others are less nice. I don't want to appear inconsiderate (when you're in a foreign country, you should make an effort to speak the language, right?), but some of the reactions to my failings are not encouraging.

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15037 on: August 03, 2015, 01:13:59 PM »
Going to see Dragonball Z Ressurection F tomorroe in times square. Very excited.

TASTY!

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15038 on: August 03, 2015, 01:42:46 PM »
-I haven't made any improvements when it comes to speaking German. I can understand the people I speak to just fine, but I can never seem to find the words I need to reply. When I've finally figured out what words I need (and in what order), they've already started speaking again. I've noticed some people find it endearing, but others are less nice. I don't want to appear inconsiderate (when you're in a foreign country, you should make an effort to speak the language, right?), but some of the reactions to my failings are not encouraging.

This is a huge problem in the US.  Shitheads who only speak English are constantly getting indignant at immigrants for not having perfect grammar/a heavy accent.  It's infuriating.

edit also, this (https://youtu.be/ZlATOHGj9EY) is roughly 100% accurate.  Everything sounds angrier in German.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 01:47:02 PM by glassjawsh »

"This goes way beyond pumpkin spice" "Whale oil beef hooked"

Dincrest

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #15039 on: August 03, 2015, 01:55:11 PM »
EDIT: I learned German from 8th- 12th grade (even won awards at competitions), so I *think* I could still get by if I were to vacation in Germany.  Part of me thinks I made the wrong decision to pursue German instead of Spanish, but I did what I did. 

Despite some setbacks and all (I've been quiet about this, but I blew out my knee worse than expected in June's ACS ride and had to stay off the roll for 6 weeks), I'm euphoric to be cycling again (I was so happy to ride with my cycling club again). It'll be some time before I'm doing metric centuries again, but I'll only get stronger from here, starting with a couple of shorter event rides I lined up for the fall:

9/12- (50km/ 31 mi) AJF Ride for Autism http://CLC-AJF.donorpages.com/AJFRide4Autism2015/NealChandran (I work in special ed so this one's for my students)

10/17- (45 mi/ ~72km)PD500 Rock 'n Roll Ride for Parkinson's Disease October 2015   https://fundraising.active.com/fundraiser/NEalChandran2 (I did this one last year for my mom and my late uncle, and am doing it again.)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 06:08:18 PM by Dincrest »
You can brag about your 5000+ friends on social media all you want, but riddle me this: how many of them would help you move?

Maxximum

• RPGFan Editor
  • Fills you with determiantion
    • View Profile
« Reply #15040 on: August 03, 2015, 02:09:24 PM »
Back from my vacation. Went somewhere with a beach, got two weeks of rain...Still had fun though. After over two years of trying, I finally convinced my girlfriend to step foot in a place with karaoke. She refused to sing but the hit and miss nature of people's renditions makes for a fun atmosphere and we ended up having a good time.
NOW PLAYING:
I can't tell you

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15041 on: August 03, 2015, 02:54:17 PM »

This is a huge problem in the US.  Shitheads who only speak English are constantly getting indignant at immigrants for not having perfect grammar/a heavy accent.  It's infuriating.

edit also, this (https://youtu.be/ZlATOHGj9EY) is roughly 100% accurate.  Everything sounds angrier in German.
I usually have patience when it comes to people in most cases (outward patience anyway), but language barriers in the US really piss me off. Maybe because it's always either spanish or middle eastern languages being tossed around, and less for the middle eastern languages because they actively try to learn english, but when I'm trying to order something or talk to a person who only speaks spanish this day and age...I get infuriated. Especially when i see them visibilly getting irritated with me for not knowing spanish. What the fuck, I live in the US, as do you. If I were in your country I'd make an attempt to learn at least conversational spanish but I'm not there, i'm here. Learn the fucking language, it's not my obligation to know yours.

I won't lie, even I feel i sound pompous and ignorant here, but imagine being a native new yorker, trying to talk to a cashier for a return and she looks at you like your fucking retarded and starts speaking spanish at you. Now assume this happens 3 times a week. My gym, my grocery stores, my local restaurants....at least one person in each of them speaks almost no english and still works there, infuriating non-spanish speaking people. Again, any other language I'm FAR more forgiving to because they often try to learn the language and at least seem apologetic when the words become convoluted, but spanish speaking people seem like they give no fuck and that it's our fault for being raised in an english speaking nation where they are not the majority.

TASTY!

Yoda

• Fear is the Mind Killer
  • Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light
    • View Profile
« Reply #15042 on: August 03, 2015, 04:39:34 PM »
Earlier today I was in the left turn lane and a car to my right asked me if he could turn in front of me. I turned and looked at him and went "NO" (Was having a shitty day and took it out on him).

However the guy was Pakistani and I'm sure he thought I was being a racist white asshole, which I'm not. (I'm just an asshole). Right after I said no I said sure go ahead and gave him the all clear.

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15043 on: August 03, 2015, 05:03:24 PM »

This is a huge problem in the US.  Shitheads who only speak English are constantly getting indignant at immigrants for not having perfect grammar/a heavy accent.  It's infuriating.

I usually have patience when it comes to people in most cases (outward patience anyway), but language barriers in the US really piss me off. Maybe because it's always either spanish or middle eastern languages being tossed around, and less for the middle eastern languages because they actively try to learn english, but when I'm trying to order something or talk to a person who only speaks spanish this day and age...I get infuriated. Especially when i see them visibilly getting irritated with me for not knowing spanish. What the fuck, I live in the US, as do you. If I were in your country I'd make an attempt to learn at least conversational spanish but I'm not there, i'm here. Learn the fucking language, it's not my obligation to know yours.

I won't lie, even I feel i sound pompous and ignorant here, but imagine being a native new yorker, trying to talk to a cashier for a return and she looks at you like your fucking retarded and starts speaking spanish at you. Now assume this happens 3 times a week. My gym, my grocery stores, my local restaurants....at least one person in each of them speaks almost no english and still works there, infuriating non-spanish speaking people. Again, any other language I'm FAR more forgiving to because they often try to learn the language and at least seem apologetic when the words become convoluted, but spanish speaking people seem like they give no fuck and that it's our fault for being raised in an english speaking nation where they are not the majority.

Every time I think I might get irritated by a language barrier I just remember that though I took 7 years of Spanish in high school and college, I still can't speak it for shit.  I'm too dumb to think in any language other than English.

"This goes way beyond pumpkin spice" "Whale oil beef hooked"

Klyde Chroma

• View Profile
« Reply #15044 on: August 04, 2015, 04:14:02 PM »
Going to see Dragonball Z Ressurection F tomorroe in times square. Very excited.

I don't know whether to thank you for reminding me about this, or curse you for giving me just cause to totally altar and turn my day on it's head to accomodate making it to a theatre tonite. Predictable as it may be, I'll never get sick of seeing Goku kick ass. I only hope for a little more Vegeta this round.

Blows my mind that this a theatre thing when I think back to waking up at 7 AM on a sunday morning to catch a re-run of this obscure "Dragon Ball" show no one knew about when I was a kid. What a time to be alive.