Author Topic: Whats the haps?  (Read 3773329 times)

Yoda

• Fear is the Mind Killer
  • Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light
    • View Profile
Re: What's the haps?
« Reply #16740 on: May 11, 2016, 09:56:48 PM »
I just just impulse bought the histories by herodotus and the decline and fall of the roman empire whilst taking a dump at work

Artimicia

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #16741 on: May 12, 2016, 02:02:17 AM »
I just just impulse bought the histories by herodotus and the decline and fall of the roman empire whilst taking a dump at work

Apparently Scotland was like Rome's Vietnam or something.

Also happy International Nurse's Day! In keeping with the days thing...

« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 02:46:47 AM by Artimicia »
"I don't live by labels, I can be anything I want, I'd rather die a pauper than live on as someone else's fantasy!" - My best attempt at quoting the protagonist of Vandal Hearts 2.

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16742 on: May 12, 2016, 07:49:08 AM »
I feel ya Yoda, I bought Picketty's Capital (on audiobook no less) because apparently I like being bored and angry on my drive to work...

"This goes way beyond pumpkin spice" "Whale oil beef hooked"

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #16743 on: May 12, 2016, 08:21:39 AM »
Unsurprisingly, my most recent impuls buy was ice cream... It's not exactly the one Agent D. showed, but it does have the same core ingredients and pecan. I love pecan! I'm not going to open it until monday, though. That evening, the magazine will be safely at the printer's and that fancy ice cream will be my reward.

Edit: yay, I'm still alive! My Fire Emblem Fates review went up and I had some choice words for the dumb parts (and I gave the whole thing a 8/10, which is low compared to most scores on metacritic). Considering readers on this site have raised huge stinks over less, I was fearing the worst, but there are only compliments and innocent questions (such as: what type of 3DS did you play the game on?) in the comments.

I'm not going to reward myself with ice cream, though. The ice cream is for later.

Edit 2: OMG. I just realised I made the best pun in the title of that review: Driemaal is scheepsrecht. It means the same as 'third time's the charm', which is a reference to Revelation. The 'scheep' in 'scheepsrechts' presumably comes from 'ships'. Ships.

Still not going to have any ice cream, though.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 10:43:48 AM by Tomara »

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16744 on: May 12, 2016, 11:33:00 AM »
Ticked I missed the ice cream/dessert discussion.  My personal fave...

"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #16745 on: May 12, 2016, 12:23:59 PM »
Just so we're clear, as much as I like ice cream, sorbet >>> ice cream any day of the week.

Frostillicus

• View Profile
« Reply #16746 on: May 12, 2016, 02:08:03 PM »
^ That's a filthy lie, and you know it.
"Movies are better than people. You don't have to smell who you're watching." ~ Baby Cakes

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #16747 on: May 12, 2016, 02:18:23 PM »
Nah, I see some truth in there. Sorbet is more refreshing and a better treat in hot weather, while ice cream makes a better dessert year round.

Artimicia

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #16748 on: May 12, 2016, 02:19:06 PM »
I like most flavors to be honest....

Edit:
So! Did you feel better after having Ice Cream Tomara? I bet you did, see Ice Cream is good for you!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 05:11:53 PM by Artimicia »
"I don't live by labels, I can be anything I want, I'd rather die a pauper than live on as someone else's fantasy!" - My best attempt at quoting the protagonist of Vandal Hearts 2.

MeshGearFox

• HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16749 on: May 12, 2016, 06:00:58 PM »

-- edit --

Favorite ice creams from Jeni's are:
Sweet corn and blackberry
Salty Caramel (which they always have)

BUT THE BEST one is this like, absinthe/meringue/orange candy thing they have rarely. Absinthe ice cream needs to be more prevalent.

also i haven't had tofutti cuties in awhile. maybe i'll get some tomorrow, gosh.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 12:31:46 AM by MeshGearFox »
o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Frostillicus

• View Profile
« Reply #16750 on: May 12, 2016, 10:20:32 PM »
Nah, I see some truth in there. Sorbet is more refreshing and a better treat in hot weather, while ice cream makes a better dessert year round.

Can't argue with that.
"Movies are better than people. You don't have to smell who you're watching." ~ Baby Cakes

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #16751 on: May 13, 2016, 02:09:29 AM »
I like most flavors to be honest....

Edit:
So! Did you feel better after having Ice Cream Tomara? I bet you did, see Ice Cream is good for you!

I haven't had ice cream yet. I'm saving it. It might sound as if I'm lying at this point, but the lid is still sealed.

Besides, ice cream is not going to fix my lack of sleep. I went to sleep at around 22:30, when it was finally dark outside. Woke up around 00:00 because of a loud bang. Got out of bed to investigate, and concluded it must have been some assholes setting off fireworks illegally. Went back to bed and woke up around 2:00 because of a stupid nightmare. Went back to sleep and woke up again less than two hours later because my body hates me. Dawn was quickly approaching, meaning the birds outside were already going nuts, so I had to close my window to be able to go back to sleep. Then I woke up again at dawn anyway. Fun...

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16752 on: May 13, 2016, 10:00:59 AM »
Absinthe ice cream needs to be more prevalent.

What the heck is the matter with you??  Would you like to promote tobacco sherbet as well?  Or some opium gelato?  How about some crack-cocaine smoothies?  Freak.  >___>
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Frostillicus

• View Profile
« Reply #16753 on: May 13, 2016, 10:33:38 AM »
Absinthe ice cream needs to be more prevalent.

What the heck is the matter with you??  Would you like to promote tobacco sherbet as well?  Or some opium gelato?  How about some crack-cocaine smoothies?  Freak.  >___>

Life must be pretty simple when there are no grey areas.   :/

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #16754 on: May 13, 2016, 11:19:08 AM »
Everyone needs to calm down.